Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Fingerprint expired and retaken

I just had my fingerprints retaken last june 12 after their expiration. Have any of you guys heard cases where the renewal of fingerprints have triggered an interview?. I am already in line for interview.

I just had my fingerprints retaken last june 12 after their expiration. Have any of you guys heard cases where the renewal of fingerprints have triggered an interview?. I am already in line for interview.

I'm confused, your PD is 12/4/2007 but you had your original FP done 1/27/2007:confused:

I'm confused, your PD is 12/4/2007 but you had your original FP done 1/27/2007:confused:

I had my fingerprints taken on 1/27/2007 when I applied to remove conditions on my greencard. I am married to a US citizen so when I applied for naturalization my fingerprints were still valid and those fingerprints were used for background check. That's why they expired on April 27 2007.

I had my fingerprints taken on 1/27/2007 when I applied to remove conditions on my greencard. I am married to a US citizen so when I applied for naturalization my fingerprints were still valid and those fingerprints were used for background check. That's why they expired on April 27 2007.

I am not sure about that

You meant to say they expired on April 27, 2008 , correct?

Receiving the FP notice after your initial prints expire is a good indication that they are actively working on your case and are waiting for your case to be placed in queue for an interview. Do you know if your name check cleared? Have you talked to an IO recently about your case?

You meant to say they expired on April 27, 2008 , correct?

Receiving the FP notice after your initial prints expire is a good indication that they are actively working on your case and are waiting for your case to be placed in queue for an interview. Do you know if your name check cleared? Have you talked to an IO recently about your case?

Congratulation for getting your interview date.
My bad. They expired on April 27, 2008. I had talked to several IO before the fingerprint expiration and they all told me that my name check cleared and that I was in line for interview. Now, I don't know if new fingerprints will mean they will do another name check-background check.

Bobsmyth:

I will call the President's office after your naturalization to propose you to fill the USCIS Director's position. You deserve it in regard of your contribution on this forum.

Hopefully, when you get to this position, you will eliminate the backlog

I second that! You've been a great help to many folks, Bob! :)

I have also received my interview notice for June 17th at Durham, same for spouse. We both did FP at Charlotte on April 19th.

I hope KNP will come to this forum after his interview to share his experience. KNP will be interviewing on Tuesday, and will be the first person I know in this forum to have his naturalization interview in Durham

I need to have some information before Thursday. :(

Congratulation for getting your interview date.
My bad. They expired on April 27, 2008. I had talked to several IO before the fingerprint expiration and they all told me that my name check cleared and that I was in line for interview. Now, I don't know if new fingerprints will mean they will do another name check-background check.

Do you think that new fingerprints will mean a new background check/name check. Will I fall to the end of the line?

Do you think that new fingerprints will mean a new background check/name check. Will I fall to the end of the line?

Unlike FP check, I don't think background check expires after 15 months so a new background doesn't need to be initiated in your case.

I hope KNP will come to this forum after his interview to share his experience. KNP will be interviewing on Tuesday, and will be the first person I know in this forum to have his naturalization interview in Durham

I need to have some information before Thursday. :(

Ditto. I also hope KNP will let us know when his/her oath ceremony will be. When your interview has been done, can you do the same, fbanna79? Thanks in advance!

Ditto. I also hope KNP will let us know when his/her oath ceremony will be. When your interview has been done, can you do the same, fbanna79? Thanks in advance!

You will have a detailled report of my interview day on CNN. CNN correspondant Suzanne Malvaux will be there. :D

Pop Naturalization Quiz for fbanna: (try to answer first without looking up answers):)

1) Who is governor of North Carolina
2)What type of government does the US have?
3)In what month is the president of the US inaugurated?
4) Who was the first commander in chief of the Navy?
5) Name the senator from North Carolina
6) Who is chief justice of the supreme court?
7) Who elects senators?

My interview today at Raleigh DO

Interview Appointment was at 9.05 today at Raleigh DO.

We showed up at 8.45a.

The entry guards were friendly, but had difficulty in understanding what we had come there for, finally he said he thought we had to go second floor. My wife pointed out thats what the IL said, 2nd floor at this facility. Remember no cell phones, food and liquids (besides weapons etc...). I had to make a run to the car to drop off the cell phones and a bottle of water. We had our infant daughter with us and they were fine with a bottle of formula for her.

At the second floor, there is a big waiting area. About 15 folks seated. No official in sight. We see a door marked Reception/Checkin, but it is for staff only with badge access. So we wait there, uncertain about what to do next, when a lady walks out and asks for and collects interview letters. This happened periodically over the day, and someone would come and collect ILs from new arrivals. It would help if they had a notice/note stuck somewhere to that effect, as most folks were puzzled what to do. However, other folks waiting explained the procedure to the new arrivals.

It was quite a wait. And the room got a bit warm, may be their cooling system is not yet fine tuned. Saw some folks in suits, so they must have been uncomfortable.

I was called in at around 10.30a. I was told my wife would go after me, and hence has to wait outside with the baby and we cannot go in together.

The adjudicating officer, first asked me swear to tell truth today and in the form etc... some standard verbiage I guess. Replied I do.

She wanted my GC, DL, and Passport.

Then went over the N-400, asking and making notes. Questions were such as, were any of my parents US citizens, address, phone number, ssn, any trips after submitted application. The a flurry of "no" questions as in N-400 form such as are you a terrorist/prostitute/drug peddler etc. Then the section about oath of allegiance, whether I am willing to take it, join armed forces if required etc. I then signed those sections in N-400 as well as the 2 pictures submitted during application of N-400. One thing to note is that the signature is basically your full name written in cursive. My usual signature is a undecipherable scribble, so she explained to me to sign my name in cursive at all places during the interview.

Then she asked me maybe 6 civics questions, and was able to answer them all.

Then she printed a sheet that had one english sentence, and asked me to read it. The she said "please write "this house is very clean" or something to that effect and on doing that, she wrote "Passed" on it.

At that point we were done. She did some entries in her computer, and printed out a letter saying my application for naturalization has been approved. She said there will be letter mailed to me saying when the Oath ceremony will be held. I enquired about the timeline of that, and she said she didnt know. Also, I asked her if it was being done locally at all, she didnt answer or provide any details, and was looking exasperated at my questions... she almost seemed more happy than me that it was done :) . The whole thing about 10 minutes for me, and then after a 5 minutes interval, the same adjudicating officer called my wife and took around the same time.

Its a bummer that we could not do the oaths today and get it over with ... another PTO day to be wasted ... and who knows how long it will take.

Anyway, getting closer now, only formality of oath taking remaining.
Hope this posting helps folks waiting for interview at Raleigh DO.

I have also received my interview notice for June 17th at Durham, same for spouse. We both did FP at Charlotte on April 19th.

Congratulations knp..your oath will be at the Durham DO, it's just a question of when. Hopefully you'll get an answer soon as to the exact oath date.

KNP: Congratulation !!!! I am happy to know that it worked out for you and your wife. As far as oath is concerned, don't worry. I was told there will be an oath on July 4, 2008. May be they want to have everybody do the oath on the 4th of July. Now, it is going to be my turn.

Pop Naturalization Quiz for fbanna: (try to answer first without looking up answers):)

1) Who is governor of North Carolina
The answer to this question depends on where you live. To learn the current Governor of your state go to http://www.firstgov.gov and select the state government link. :D:D:D:D Just kidding: Governor Mike Easley
2)What type of government does the US have?
A Republic
3)In what month is the president of the US inaugurated?
January
4) Who was the first commander in chief of the Navy?
George Washington
5) Name the senator from North Carolina
The answer to this question depends on where you live. To learn the current Governor of your state go to http://www.firstgov.gov and select the state government link. :D:D:D Just kidding Senator Richard Burr and Senator Elizabeth Dole
6) Who is chief justice of the supreme court?
John G Robert Junior
7) Who elects senators?The citizens of the United States
Did I pass my test ?

Last edited by a moderator: