Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Ok..is that easy to get other state DL? I need to go thru that test again?
And Employer providing Ex.stay for one month from this month 23rd. That is valied proof of residence for new address in Atlanta? I may move on to new
apartment there in 2 to 3 weeks. thanx..

Ok..is that easy to get other state DL? I need to go thru that test again?
And Employer providing Ex.stay for one month from this month 23rd. That is valied proof of residence for new address in Atlanta? I may move on to new
apartment there in 2 to 3 weeks. thanx..

You can transfer your NC DL to GA by following instructions here:You don't have to write exam if you surrender your NC DL. You will have to do vision test.

http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/DLdata.aspx?con=1744173714&ty=dl

Use the address of the apartment you will be moving into instead of the ex.stay address to make sure all correspondence gets forwarded to you.

Thanx again Bob..
One more question please..
Between FP done & waiting on interview, where is applicant's file & case?
TSC or DO? as I know, @ TSC..is that right? I mean upto get exact
time of interview appointment..thanx..

Thanx again Bob..
One more question please..
Between FP done & waiting on interview, where is applicant's file & case?
TSC or DO? as I know, @ TSC..is that right? I mean upto get exact
time of interview appointment..thanx..

That's correct ..the file stays at the service center (in your case TSC) until an interview becomes available.

Hi Bob,

One quick question for you, did your online LUD change when your interview letter was scheduled? Thanks.

Hi Bob,

One quick question for you, did your online LUD change when your interview letter was scheduled? Thanks.

My receipt number never appeared (and still does not appear )online. That forced me to create my own LUD instead from the times I contacted USCIS for an update on my case.

Thanks for your answer.

Just feel so depressing since my LUD has never changed since 11/30/2007. I wonder what can cause the change, such as you background was cleared (updated in the database), interview letter being sent etc. Does anybody has the related information?

Thanks again Bob.

Thanks for your answer.

Just feel so depressing since my LUD has never changed since 11/30/2007. I wonder what can cause the change, such as you background was cleared (updated in the database), interview letter being sent etc. Does anybody has the related information?

Thanks again Bob.

I wouldn't rely on the online system as it's not reliable. You get more information about your case if you talk with an IO. Have you tried making an Infopass to see if you're stuck in name check?

Last edited by a moderator:
I made an inforpass to talk with an IO next Wednesday. I had talked with four different IOs from the 800, and for three times I was told that my name check was not cleared yet, but the date they gave that my name check sent to FBI are totally different (each one gave a different date). And one time they told me that my name check are cleared, they are waiting for my A-File to schedule interview. I don't know who should I trust. So I will go to the DO next week to find out.
Thanks.

Hi Bob,

Cali, if it helps, I got my IL yesterday, but my online status did not change from the LUD of 11/24/07, in which they acknowledged receipt of my application, so don't count on the online version.

Cali, if it helps, I got my IL yesterday, but my online status did not change from the LUD of 11/24/07, in which they acknowledged receipt of my application, so don't count on the online version.

Thanks for the information, SafferJoe.

IL received today!!! :D:D:D

Interview on Aug 27 at 11 AM! Seems like I beat you by a day, Bob!

By the way, please note that officially it's the "Durham" and not "Raleigh" DO. Just because your city is the state capital and is named after a "Sir", doesn't mean you can't give credit to Durham where it's due... ;)

Congratulations SafferJoe!! Hopefully the oath will be on the 29th!

Mine is at 9:20am, my wife's is at 9:00am. I believe they have oaths on Fridays only.

Thanks. My wife and I are both scheduled for 11 AM. After the interview I'll let you know when our oath ceremony will be, although I suspect you'll be too busy studying then!

Bobsmyth:

I will call the President's office after your naturalization to propose you to fill the USCIS Director's position. You deserve it in regard of your contribution on this forum.

Hopefully, when you get to this position, you will eliminate the backlog

Thanks everyone. It's nice to know that by sharing our experiences on this board that we are all helping one another make it through this long process. :)