question about quit US Citizenship?

coulditbe

Registered Users (C)
I have a friend, who have illigal action ? He is thinking of apply for Canadian citizenship to get out of the illegal action. He will quit the Us citizenship if things come up? Can he really do that?

Don't speak in riddles, provide more details about the case. What is "illegal action"? May be it's "legal"?

He was petition for his financee after for a while, he was used her to get money from her. He thearten her if she didn't give him more money, he will fill a dirvoce and report her, she only held a gc. She claim to divorce but he said he will apply for Canadian citizenship to run away from the law. It was able for her to sue him before he left us

Last edited by a moderator:
HA HA, Mexico is a better country for fugitive criminals...ask your friend to watch the 1980's movie "Breathless"

I know it sound funny, but that guy just too confident that he will run away and be happi li ever after.

What the hell is this guy talking about?

He was petition for his financee after for a while, he was used her to get money from her. He thearten her if she didn't give him more money, he will fill a dirvoce and report her, she only held a gc. She claim to divorce but he said he will apply for Canadian citizenship to run away from the law. It was able for her to sue him before he left us

wew

I don't know, I wonder is it too easy for that guy to believe that he couldn't be enforced to go back to US?

And what makes him think that Canada will give him citizenship when he isn't even a Canadian permanent resident yet?

He was saying that he had some business in Canada and he just went there and here several times each month. I didn't trust what he said, but I was worry for my friend more than. He threated her by his right to revoke her.

Why is US citizen willing to relinquish his citizenship just because of a probable divorce??? I know this is very poor comprehension, but it makes no sense whatsoever, even without the spelling, grammatical and punctutation mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, "could it be". It seems like you are the one with the problem. But it's ok, we are not here to judge you. Anyway, if you need to contact someone, like LAZYCIS stated, is best to contact the police.-

ICE (Immigration & Customs Enforcement)
Headquarters
500 12th St, SW
Washington, DC 20536

Contact Us
Please use the list of contacts to the left to find the appropriate office or program. To report any suspicious activity or to make a confidential reporting of immigration or customs violations, please call 1-866-DHS-2-ICE (1-866-347-2423). Emailed reports of suspicious activity or "tips" are not accepted at this time.

http://www.ice.gov/about/contact.htm

So he's a US citizen , petitioned his fiancee, married her, and then used her to extort money. She then threatened divorce , but he claimed he could just leave her and go to Canada, but she in turn sued him? What exactly is she suing him for? Did she file charges against him or something?

So he's a US citizen , petitioned his fiancee, married her, and then used her to extort money. She then threatened divorce , but he claimed he could just leave her and go to Canada, but she in turn sued him? What exactly is she suing him for? Did she file charges against him or something?

I wouldn't try to make sense out of something that simply does not make sense.

First, before the court ruling, there are only her words against his.
Then, the divorce process could proceed forever.
Also, there are supposed to be enough evidences of the facts that real extortion took place, but not gifts or loans.
The better way for him to solve the matter is to settle all monetary matters with his ex. However, if your friend feels for 101 % sure that he will go to jail for a long-long time he needs a good lawyer. And, suggest him to Google extortion cases and law first. There is a possibility that the punishment is not as severe as he is afraid of.
Canadian passport won’t protect him from a crime conviction in the US. And it is not as easy to obtain Canadian citizenship as one thinks, especially, if this one had some problems with the law in the closest neighborly country.

I'm really not sure why anyone is bothering with this ridiculous case which has only a tenuous connection to US citizenship.:confused: