Q2 (APR-JUN) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Can one travel on an Indian passport after Interview & Oath.
After Oath to get US passport might take 10-35 days.
Until we get the American passport can one travel using Indian passport.
I understand that once we get the US passport we should surrender the Indian passport but until then can we use Indian passport to travel.
I mean even after Interview and Oath till we get US passport in hand.

Since you will surrender your GC at oath ceremony, getting back to the US in this case might be a problematic.

I understand that you lose your Indian citizenship upon acquiring US citizenship. Therefore at the time you take the oath your Indian passport will be invalid for travel, as you are no longer Indian citizen.

I think if travel is urgent during this period, you can apply and get passport the same day (or next day) by showing travel tickets (Journey should be within 2 weeks?)

did you call the 800 # to check the status. I checked for my husband whose timeline is similar to yours and is still waiting for IL, although I got mine about 3 weeks back. The IO told that his file has been picked up for interview scheduling..don't know how long it takes to get the IL after being picked up.....

Yes, I did call USCIS yesterday, and spoke to the second level IO, she told me my name check did not come back yet, so at this time they can't schedule an interview date. Can you post your hubby's timeline, please?

Yes, I did call USCIS yesterday, and spoke to the second level IO, she told me my name check did not come back yet, so at this time they can't schedule an interview date. Can you post your hubby's timeline, please?

I am surprised most of you here have been able to get at least some detail of information. I have called twice now and gone upto second level IO - but all I have been able to get is that "the last thing we see is that you did your fingerprinting on June 30" and nothing more....they couldn't tell me anything about namecheck done/pending or anything else for that matter....:confused: My wife who did her FP with me (I had to do it again 10 days later) already got her i'view letter for Aug. 19th.

Hi TSC

Here is the timeline for my hubby.

DO: SF, CA
PD: 5/5/09
FP: 5/29
YL: 7/3

They never told us anything about the Name Check result. Last time I spoke with an IO she said his file has been picked up for scheduling interview. I don't know if the file gets picked up after the name check is clear. But, I recieved my IL after 9 days from my FP.

women seem to be getting little different treatment by USCIS. My hubby did his FP 2 weeks earlier than me and is still waiting for his IL whereas I already have the IL immediately after I did my FP. I am not sure if they run some additional checks on guys!

I am surprised most of you here have been able to get at least some detail of information. I have called twice now and gone upto second level IO - but all I have been able to get is that "the last thing we see is that you did your fingerprinting on June 30" and nothing more....they couldn't tell me anything about namecheck done/pending or anything else for that matter....:confused: My wife who did her FP with me (I had to do it again 10 days later) already got her i'view letter for Aug. 19th.

USC in 3 months

All,

I successfully finished my interview today. Hard to believe that I finished the entire process in 3 months flat.

Thanks to all the contributing members on this forum for their invaluable support.

Hi everyone...

I am on this site because my husband is going through this process, however, I'm the one that does all the research and work. He had his FP taken almost 3 weeks ago and from the timeline of most of you, it took about 2 weeks to receive your interview letter. I'm getting kind of nervous because it's been almost 3 weeks and still nothing. His status online hasn't been updated since the letter for the FP has been sent out and just worried that something got stuck in limbo.

What was everyone's average time between the FP date and the date you received your IL? Thanks.

Hi everyone...

I am on this site because my husband is going through this process, however, I'm the one that does all the research and work. He had his FP taken almost 3 weeks ago and from the timeline of most of you, it took about 2 weeks to receive your interview letter. I'm getting kind of nervous because it's been almost 3 weeks and still nothing. His status online hasn't been updated since the letter for the FP has been sent out and just worried that something got stuck in limbo.

What was everyone's average time between the FP date and the date you received your IL? Thanks.

Anywhere from 2-8 weeks, depending on DO schedule.

Hi everyone...

Don't worry. I did my FP on 6/9, still nothing since then.

got a letter in the mail saying my interview was cancelled and they would let me know when they reschedule it. it came direct from the local DO and was mostly hand-written. has this happened to anyone else?

Orlando time line

Hi everyone...

Would you post your details in Orlando Timeline !:)
You can find information in the Orlando timelines thread to see if time lines of any one matches your and can have an Idea.

got a letter in the mail saying my interview was cancelled and they would let me know when they reschedule it. it came direct from the local DO and was mostly hand-written. has this happened to anyone else?

looking at your timeline it's possible they cancelled as you may have not met the 5 year requirement on the interview date.

Hi everyone...

I believe your husband is fine...see my dates:

05/13/09: Fingerprints Done...06/23/09: Yellow Notice Received...still waiting for IL...

I called USCIS 800 today...second level IO wasn't able to help me...just wait he said...:mad::mad::mad:

No IL nor RFE yet...

Well, I'm one of those (unlucky) few who still hasn't received neither the IL nor the RFE. I wish they could just tell me when the ID is, so I can relax and plan my life (trips, etc.).

Anyway, I'm hoping to get them soon!

Devi

DO: San Francisco

05/01/09: N400 fedexed to Phoenix AZ service center
05/07/09: Documents received
05/14/09: Check cashed
05/07/09: Priority Date
05/12/09: Notice Date
06/02/09: FP scheduled (done on the same day)
07/09/09: In queue for Interview

I believe your husband is fine...see my dates:

05/13/09: Fingerprints Done...06/23/09: Yellow Notice Received...still waiting for IL...

I called USCIS 800 today...second level IO wasn't able to help me...just wait he said...:mad::mad::mad:

at least you got something like yellow notice, me, nothing yet, neither yellow notice nor IL.

Hi Devi,

Your timeline is very similar to that of my hubby. His file has also been picked up on 7/9 for interview scheduling and we are still waiting. We have a ticket already booked to France during Sept and I am so impatient to see his ID. But, the IO won't give out any further info. I think there is another member pjsingh in this forum who's also in the same boat.

Let's post updates here to make things easy to follow up...

Well, I'm one of those (unlucky) few who still hasn't received neither the IL nor the RFE. I wish they could just tell me when the ID is, so I can relax and plan my life (trips, etc.).

Anyway, I'm hoping to get them soon!

Devi

DO: San Francisco

05/01/09: N400 fedexed to Phoenix AZ service center
05/07/09: Documents received
05/14/09: Check cashed
05/07/09: Priority Date
05/12/09: Notice Date
06/02/09: FP scheduled (done on the same day)
07/09/09: In queue for Interview