Q2 (APR-JUN) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Check your online status. If the record has been updated recently (i.e., after FP and name check is done), the status changes to something like "validation error. case status online not available... blah .. blah... call the number...."
Call the 800 number and tell them that your case status suggests you to call the customer service number and you want to talk to a second level IO. They will immediately transfer your call to a diff. level. I did the same and got connected to a second level rep. immediately.

Also I called them at 5:45 and I think that also did help me.

I did do exactly after i saw this message but the IO i talked to did not transferred me to the next level IO and she was not that helpful but within days i received my IL.

Check your online status. If the record has been updated recently (i.e., after FP and name check is done), the status changes to something like "validation error. case status online not available... blah .. blah... call the number...."
Call the 800 number and tell them that your case status suggests you to call the customer service number and you want to talk to a second level IO. They will immediately transfer your call to a diff. level. I did the same and got connected to a second level rep. immediately.

I received IL and no yellow letter yet, today my wife received yellow letter but no IL yet. Looks like they are sending yellow letters randomly based on the posts. Hoping she will get her IL soon.

My cousin was also in the same boat last month, he received IL first and then yellow letter but his wife received yellow letter before IL, after a week or so she got her IL. Looks to me it is random.

same boat...yellow notice but no IL...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did do exactly after i saw this message but the IO i talked to did not transferred me to the next level IO and she was not that helpful but within days i received my IL.

I think we need to tell them that we were suggested by the case status online to call the USCIS customer service and I am sure they would transfer the call to second level rep.

He doesn't have any outstanding traffic tickets. He got 2 tickets in last 5 years which were all paid up. I am not sure if FBI name check catches traffic violations as a hit and am not sure if that has anything to do with the interview. I know of people who have DV convictions dismissed later but got the IL in 2-3 weeks time. It probably depends on how busy the DO is and may be as "Formerf1" thinks is still stuck in the name check.

My hubby is not too worried about the delay, but I am as I want to travel to France as scheduled in Sept. Therefore, I am calling USCIS on his behalf. I Called about 2 times after the yellow letter. They told me that his file has been opicked up on 7/9/2009 for interview scheduling and the other time I was told that the case is waiting in Q for interview. Not sure how long does the Q take to clear. I asked her if I can follow up again and she said I am always welcome. I am nhot sure if they even document these calls until you request missing documents where they need to take some action. Gurus in the forum may know if frequent calling has any impact on the case.

Thanks....

Hi Rdy,

No update yet. I didn't speak to to USCIS after last time officer mentioned me I am in the line for interview. As soon I get update I will post.

Is your husband have any outstanding traffic ticket not yet paid?, Like I didn't paid mine I just extended :))

Anyway, How many times your husband called USCIS after FP? Just curious calling them too many times might delay the case.

I called around 3 times already :D

You husband has any outstanding traffic ticket not yet paid?. I am trying to connect senarious, like I didn't pay my ticket yet just extended to next month. May be that's the factor

I don't think the case status changes for everyone after they get yellow letter or even IL. I recieved my IL in 9 days from FP and my case status is still

"On May 5, 2009, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

and my husband got yellow letter and his case status is exactly the same as mine.

I tried this once and it worked. After answering all yes and no questions, I told them I have a reciept # but is not handy with me and if then pull up my file using my A#. It seems the 1st level guys can't access the data using an A# and she transferred me to the 2nd level.....

I'm not sure if it will work all the times though.
I think we need to tell them that we were suggested by the case status online to call the USCIS customer service and I am sure they would transfer the call to second level rep.

Yeah, it may not work everytime. It depends on the first level service rep. and then the second level rep. Some times they may not be ready to give complete details at second level too. So it all depends on timing and people answering the calls.

Just called USCIS, the second level IO told me my name check did not come back, so they have not set up my interview yet. Actually, the next day after my FP, I called FBI, they told me my FP was sent back to USCIS. Apparently, my name check has not completed. Still waiting...

Just called USCIS, the second level IO told me my name check did not come back, so they have not set up my interview yet. Actually, the next day after my FP, I called FBI, they told me my FP was sent back to USCIS. Apparently, my name check has not completed. Still waiting...

Yeah - FP results are sent back within a day in most cases but name check depends on many things.

For some one, first they told him that his fingerprints were cleared and results sent back to CIS - but later he was told that there was a problem with FP and he needs to schedule another FP appointment.

Name check clearance

I heard FBI now process 98% name check within 30 days and 2% within 3 months?. Is it true?

I did my FPs in June (see my signature), I am wondering my name check already cleared if not clear how can I find out? Please help

Thanks

I heard FBI now process 98% name check within 30 days and 2% within 3 months?. Is it true?

I did my FPs in June (see my signature), I am wondering my name check already cleared if not clear how can I find out? Please help

Thanks

Yes, this is true according to official channels.

Yes, this is true according to official channels.

If this is true, look like I am the one of those 2% bad luck ones. My case should be straightforward, at least I thought. Employment based GC, no criminal, two minor speeding tickets-paid and took classes to remove the points.

If this is true, look like I am the one of those 2% bad luck ones. My case should be straightforward, at least I thought. Employment based GC, no criminal, two minor speeding tickets-paid and took classes to remove the points.

Are you still within the processing timeframe for your DO? Then you have nothing to worry about.

Are you still within the processing timeframe for your DO? Then you have nothing to worry about.

Actually, from Houston time line thread, many people got their IL in two weeks of FP done. I did my FP one month ago, am still waiting my IL.

did you call the 800 # to check the status. I checked for my husband whose timeline is similar to yours and is still waiting for IL, although I got mine about 3 weeks back. The IO told that his file has been picked up for interview scheduling..don't know how long it takes to get the IL after being picked up.....

Actually, from Houston time line thread, many people got their IL in two weeks of FP done. I did my FP one month ago, am still waiting my IL.

Travel after Interview & Oath with Indian passport.

Can one travel on an Indian passport after Interview & Oath.
After Oath to get US passport might take 10-35 days.
Until we get the American passport can one travel using Indian passport.
I understand that once we get the US passport we should surrender the Indian passport but until then can we use Indian passport to travel.
I mean even after Interview and Oath till we get US passport in hand.