Q2 (APR-JUN) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

BTW, did the IO tell you how long it would take for the IL to be generated after it's put in the queue. She didn't answer this to me.

Well, I'm one of those (unlucky) few who still hasn't received neither the IL nor the RFE. I wish they could just tell me when the ID is, so I can relax and plan my life (trips, etc.).

Anyway, I'm hoping to get them soon!

Devi

DO: San Francisco

05/01/09: N400 fedexed to Phoenix AZ service center
05/07/09: Documents received
05/14/09: Check cashed
05/07/09: Priority Date
05/12/09: Notice Date
06/02/09: FP scheduled (done on the same day)
07/09/09: In queue for Interview

BTW, did the IO tell you how long it would take for the IL to be generated after it's put in the queue. She didn't answer this to me.

I asked the same question to second level IO and she stated it usually takes up to 3 weeks to get the interview letter once its in que. But I received it within 10 days. Hope that helps.

To Tonyhana and rdy4czn

rdy4czn: The IO said it could take up to 8 weeks or so, and to call back in 2-3 weeks.

Yeah, I too have some travels scheduled and couldn't even buy airtix as I didn't want to have to cancel if the interview schedule came up.

Tonyhana: Thanks for the info! Hopefully I get something in the mail soon, because it's been a week now since they put me in the queue. But they didn't have the ID yet when I called yesterday.

I think we need to tell them that we were suggested by the case status online to call the USCIS customer service and I am sure they would transfer the call to second level rep.

I did say that and asked her many times to transfer it to second level IO and she kept on saying the same thing that i cannot transfer you since you are not beyong the time limit ( she said wud have transferred me if it was more than 7 or 8 months from the time i filed the application ).

Anyway, my wife received IL y'day ( ND: 09-Jul-09 ) and interview scheduled on 20-Aug-09 at 07:20 AM.

Thanks,Raj

Looks like it is random too as mine got changed and my wife's did not change, she received IL y'day with ND of 07/09/09 but the online remains the same from day one.

I don't think the case status changes for everyone after they get yellow letter or even IL. I recieved my IL in 9 days from FP and my case status is still

"On May 5, 2009, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

and my husband got yellow letter and his case status is exactly the same as mine.

If you are travelling then you can get within 24 -48 hours..check this out..
http://www.passportsandvisas.com/passport/index.asp

OR you can go to REGIONAL PASSPORT AGENCY in your area and can apply in person...

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_898.html

Can one travel on an Indian passport after Interview & Oath.
After Oath to get US passport might take 10-35 days.
Until we get the American passport can one travel using Indian passport.
I understand that once we get the US passport we should surrender the Indian passport but until then can we use Indian passport to travel.
I mean even after Interview and Oath till we get US passport in hand.

Passed our naturalization interview today, Interview experience was very professional and refreshing. Went in the building at 9:50am and came out at 11:00am so the entire event took an hour and 15 minutes. We placed our interview letter in the box and were called in 10 minutes, written and civic test first. IO asked me to read "How many Senators we have" and then told me to write "We have one hundred Senators". Civic questions;
- What is the name of National Anthem?
- What happened on Sep 11th
- Why we have 13 stripes on the flag
- Some thing about "Rule of law" something and two more questions
Then we waited 5 minutes and called by another IO, took us to him office and went over the N-400 application- confirmed our home address, where you work, kids etc.... no documents asked. Have to sign application and Photos in the end. Got the approval and waited for another 15 minutes for oath letter.

8/19 is going to be a big day after 9 years here in US on H1 to USC. Lived an American dream and will be a proud Citizen!

---------------------------------
Employment based GC (2004)
Houston DO
4/7/2009: N-400 Priority date
4/15/2009: NOA - Application receipt
5/11/2009: FP notice
5/15/2009: FP done (Early walk-in)
5/23/2009: Yellow letter (Wife)
5/30/2009: IL received
7/17/2009: IL date
8/19/2009: Oath date

firstimmigrant, Congratulations on becoming a US citizen.
You have mentioned "Then we waited 5 minutes and called by another IO, took us to him office ..... ". Were you interviewed along with your wife? I mean same IO interviewed you both?

Passed our naturalization interview today, Interview experience was very professional and refreshing. Went in the building at 9:50am and came out at 11:00am so the entire event took an hour and 15 minutes. We placed our interview letter in the box and were called in 10 minutes, written and civic test first. IO asked me to read "How many Senators we have" and then told me to write "We have one hundred Senators". Civic questions;
- What is the name of National Anthem?
- What happened on Sep 11th
- Why we have 13 stripes on the flag
- Some thing about "Rule of law" something and two more questions
Then we waited 5 minutes and called by another IO, took us to him office and went over the N-400 application- confirmed our home address, where you work, kids etc.... no documents asked. Have to sign application and Photos in the end. Got the approval and waited for another 15 minutes for oath letter.

8/19 is going to be a big day after 9 years here in US on H1 to USC. Lived an American dream and will be a proud Citizen!

---------------------------------
Employment based GC (2004)
Houston DO
4/7/2009: N-400 Priority date
4/15/2009: NOA - Application receipt
5/11/2009: FP notice
5/15/2009: FP done (Early walk-in)
5/23/2009: Yellow letter (Wife)
5/30/2009: IL received
7/17/2009: IL date
8/19/2009: Oath date

Interview Letter Rcvd today for spouse

IL RCVD today for my wife. Still waiting for mine. IO told my name check is still pending.

Sorry...

got a letter in the mail saying my interview was cancelled and they would let me know when they reschedule it. it came direct from the local DO and was mostly hand-written. has this happened to anyone else?

Hi AustralianSam

Sorry to hear about your interview cancellation. We were kind of moving in same time frame. Hope you will be rescheduled soon.

Thanks. Interviews for me and my wife are at same time (2 pm). I think it will be done separaltely.

cpzinga,

Congrats on your interview been already scheduled. I'm glad to hear it's going to be on same date/time for both you and your wife... That's exciting! I just received my IL today, and updated timeline is below.

Tampa District Office (DO)
05/28/09 : N-400 Sent via USPS Express Mail® to TSC (Texas Service Center).
05/29/09 : N-400 Received.
05/29/09 : Priority Date.
06/01/09 : Check Cashed ($675).
06/01/09 : I-797C, Notice of Action (NOA) Date.
06/05/09 : NOA Received.
06/13/09 : Fingerprints Notice Received.
06/25/09 : Fingerprints Appointment - Done per schedule!
07/16/09 : Interview Letter (IL) Date.
07/19/09 : Interview Letter (IL) Received - Yeah! :D
08/26/09 : Interview Date (ID).
**/**/09 : Oath Letter (OL).
**/**/09 : Oath Date (OD).

Wow. Thanks and all the best for your interview too.

cpzinga,

Congrats on your interview been already scheduled. I'm glad to hear it's going to be on same date/time for both you and your wife... That's exciting! I just received my IL today, and updated timeline is below.

Tampa District Office (DO)
05/28/09 : N-400 Sent via USPS Express Mail® to TSC (Texas Service Center).
05/29/09 : N-400 Received.
05/29/09 : Priority Date.
06/01/09 : Check Cashed ($675).
06/01/09 : I-797C, Notice of Action (NOA) Date.
06/05/09 : NOA Received.
06/13/09 : Fingerprints Notice Received.
06/25/09 : Fingerprints Appointment - Done per schedule!
07/16/09 : Interview Letter (IL) Date.
07/19/09 : Interview Letter (IL) Received - Yeah! :D
08/26/09 : Interview Date (ID).
**/**/09 : Oath Letter (OL).
**/**/09 : Oath Date (OD).

Received Yellow Letter.

Finally got the yellow letter. I called the 800# to inquire about my interview schedule, and got the same answer: no date yet, I should receive the notice in the mail in a few weeks :)

Well, at least now I got the yellow letter, so it's one step closer.

Devi

Received Yellow Letter.

Finally got the yellow letter. I called the 800# to inquire about my interview schedule, and got the same answer: no date yet, I should receive the notice in the mail in a few weeks :)

Well, at least now I got the yellow letter, so it's one step closer.

Devi

Yeah, that's a good signal. Did they mention anything else apart from Driver's license, tax transcripts?

Yeah, that's a good signal. Did they mention anything else apart from Driver's license, tax transcripts?

Thank you! :)

No, the CFR only mentioned driver's license and greencard. Did your mention tax transcript??

Thank you! :)

No, the CFR only mentioned driver's license and greencard. Did your mention tax transcript??

I didn't get any yellow letter. But most of the times, all they ask in yellow letter is to get Driver's license, GC and some times tax transcripts. I think it is sent by local DO whereas the IL is sent by NBC.