Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

We had our Oath done today. Received the Naturalization Certificate. Updated SSN office. Planning to apply for Passport tomorrow.
Thanks and Wish you good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to everybody who's done!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone who's still in process. Here's my husband's timeline. DO is in Norfolk, Va
3/16/09 Sent to Lewisville, Tx
3/17/09 Priority date
4/09/09 FP notice received
4/18/09 FP appointment (done)
4/25/09 Duplicate FP notice received( Scheduled for 4/18/090 just disregarded it
5/14/09 Yellow letter received

Now question: When should interview notice come? And when do You think his interview will be? Thank You

My oath is done today. As soon as I got my certificate of naturalization, i applied for my kid's N-600 and our passports (expedited), including my kid's.

Thanks for this forum and the guys and gals helped in answering various questions.

I'm posting my own timeline (see my sig). I'm rather concerned that I do not have an interview letter yet! I got a yellow notice sometime around Apr. 10 about bringing a state ID and my arrest records, since I have an arrest that I reported. Maybe this is delaying my application? Here are the threads describing my arrest situation:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=292133

Interview passed

I had my Interview today, passed & recommended for approval.

Oath Letter in 5-6 weeks.
Oath will be in Kansas City, KS Court.
Oath ceremony is conducted once in a month and the maximum number accomodated is 60.

2009 Ceremonies are on 5/22, 6/26, 7/31, 8/28, 9/14, 9/25, 10/30, 11/20 & 12/18.
Hope we will get to 6/26 ceremony.

I had my Interview today, passed & recommended for approval.

Oath Letter in 5-6 weeks.
Oath will be in Kansas City, KS Court.
Oath ceremony is conducted once in a month and the maximum number accomodated is 60.

2009 Ceremonies are on 5/22, 6/26, 7/31, 8/28, 9/14, 9/25, 10/30, 11/20 & 12/18.
Hope we will get to 6/26 ceremony.

Congrats KC Chief. Max number 60 explains why I didn't get my Oath letter. Thanks for the info.

Congrats KC Chief. Max number 60 explains why I didn't get my Oath letter. Thanks for the info.

I Forgot to add my Interview experience regarding Speeding tickets.

I checked Yes to Question 10.D.16 about Arrests/ Citations etc.
in the N-400 application, and mentioned 2 speeding tickets i got:
Maryland in 2000 and Iowa in 2002

Got CFR asking me to bring Court certified dispositions to the Interview.

Called both courts for certified dispositions and had them with me.
Maryland sent me certified copies of citations & proof of payment free of cost.
Iowa asked me for a $4.00 fee for postage.

During Interview on that question I replied not arrested but got Citations.

The IO had a copy of the CFR in my file with her and asked me to show the documents.

I asked the IO what was the reason for CFR since I gave the details of Citations and the fines were below $500.

I was told they wanted to make sure there arent any unpaid dues.

No other document was asked for.

Recd Interview Letter

TX. LEWISVILLE / NEW YORK
Sent N-400 02/19/2009
NOA - 03/02/09
PD- 02/24/09
FL - 03/10/09
FPD - 03/21/09(Walk in 03/11/09 Completed)
CFR Letter:05/09/2009
IL:-05/15/2009
ID: - 07/13/09 @ Garden City
OL: xx/xx/09
OD: xx/xx/09
PP: xx/xx/09 (applied)
PP: xx/xx/09 (received)

Finally! I call USCIS and talk to second level IO and been told scheduled for Oath June 17 2009 @ Oakland :D :D :D

interview to oath is 2 months.

for WhoRunTings

You are not the only one in that boat. My timeline looks very similar but I sent my appl to TX, D/O Orlando. I applyed on 3 year basis, no arrest or anything specific on my application...

D/o Orlando, FL
1/27/09 Sent N-400
1/28/09 priority date
3/27/09 yellow letter telling to bring passport or travel documents to inteRVIEW.
Fingerprints done last year for I-751 are still good until 6/13/09...

Newbie - passed the interview

Hi there!

I've been a lurker for a while. I learned alot from here and I think it's time for me to return some favor.

I filed N400 under the 5-year rule.

My previous employer sponsored me for my greencard, I stayed with them for two year and quit. I didn't hold any formal work after that - freelanced but had pretty much no income. I was off like that about 2.5-2.6 years and then got a job(s) last November.

Upto 2007 my travels didn't look so bad, but starting late November 2007, I was out a lot. I had total 3 trips from Nov 07 through Oct 08 as follows:

1.2 months out
1 day in
almost 4 months out
2 months in
4 months out

I was concerned about my 08 trips since they were kinda back-to-back (and I had no jobs during that period!), but the IO didn't even care. Rather he noticed my trips before that (I had several 3-4 day trips to Canada for the course of 4 years when I was working) and I told him I had a relative there and the issue was gone.

He went through the questions on N400 so fast and didn't even give me a chance to open my mouth except when he asked if I'm willing to serve in the US military. Ah, he also asked me if I'm still with my company. He knew a lot about the industry I am in so we chatted about it for a while.

Then he gave me the test(5-6 questions), asked me to write one sentence and then said 'you passed.' I signed the N400 and the two photos I sent with the form.

Overall it was very quick (10 minutes) and pleasant. My IO was very pleasant, and another IO I happen to notice while I was in the waiting area seemed pretty funny.

Oh, he didn't ask me about any traffic tickets (I didn't put anyting on my N400). He didn't even repeat questions related to good moral character clearly. Only questions that were clear were:

Deported?
Paid your taxes?
Served in the military (when I said no, are you willing to...?)
Had any children in the US? (... gave birth? adopted? from boyfriend?, etc. We laughed) - actually he asked this question twice.

When I asked when there would be an oath ceremony for me, he said typically in 4- 6 weeks, but he couldn't say for sure because he doesn't schedule. But then he said it shouldn't be that bad and they were not busy.

----------------------------------------------

If you were out of job for a while or had a few back-to-back trips, don't be scared too much. I was totally okay. I didn't maintain any paid lease during I was away and had no utility bills (I had mortgage payments thou). The thing is, the IO didn't even care.

Hope this helps.

If you were out of job for a while or had a few back-to-back trips, don't be scared too much. I was totally okay. I didn't maintain any paid lease during I was away and had no utility bills (I had mortgage payments thou). The thing is, the IO didn't even care.
Congratulations.

Back to back trips of just under 6 months do become more of an issue if they are separated by only a few days in the US. In your case you had a 2 month stay in US between trips and the IO was satisfied that you didn't break US residential ties.

D/O : San Francisco
01/15/09 : N-400 Received (USPS tracking)
01/16/09 : Priority Date
01/20/09 : NOA received
02/01/09 : Fingerprint Notices (self and wife) received
02/12/09 : Fingerprint appointments and done
xx/xx/xx : Interview Letter received ???
xx/xx/xx : Interview Date ????

Has anyone else from SF has such a delay with name check and fingerprints?