Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Thanks Every one.
I went with my wife and 2 year old son (USC). Initially they did civic test. All the questions were from the book. After that Simple read and write question. (Where is the white house).

Once we completed this again came back waiting area. After 15 minutes they called my wife. I was holding my son. In the mean time i was called. Officer if someone is there to take care of my son. I told him no one is there. They took me inside and asked all yes no questions. It took 20 minutes.

Did you received any N-652 form says Congrats! ?
Please update this thread:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=296663&page=2

Hello everyone,

I actually have a question -- my understanding is that not everyone receives a CFR letter. is it correct? if so, could anyone explain to me who gets it and why.
your help will be immensely appreciated.

Hello everyone,

I actually have a question -- my understanding is that not everyone receives a CFR letter. is it correct? if so, could anyone explain to me who gets it and why.
your help will be immensely appreciated.

Looks like there is a link between the traffic ticket in N400 application and CFR. If you mark Yes then you may receive the CFR. I didn't disclose my ticket and didn't get any CFR but I mentioned the ticket to IO and he ignored it.

Both me and my wife answered NO to traffic tickets, citations etc. But both of us got the CFR letters.

Both CFR letters asked us to bring our identification and birth certificates of children born in the USA.

Looks like there is a link between the traffic ticket in N400 application and CFR. If you mark Yes then you may receive the CFR. I didn't disclose my ticket and didn't get any CFR but I mentioned the ticket to IO and he ignored it.

Thank you so much for a prompt reply. I do not think though that it was the case -- I do not drive and consequently have never received a ticket in my life. Oh, well, I guess I will never know.

Got my oath letter for 05/28/2009

I got my oath letter yesterday within 8 days of my interview at LA DO. My wife did not get her's yet.

Oath Ceremony for May 28 at Pomona.

Received yellow letter (and interview date)

See the updated timeline below. The yellow letter is dated 5/5/09. Coincidentially, that is the day when I called USCIS to find out any updates on my case.

I just called USCIS again for any further updates and they told me the interview date over the phone.

Background check after fingerprint

Hello
Just curious.....:rolleyes: Usually how much time does it take to do the background check and when should we expect the interview letter after fingerprint.
Also what do they check in background criminal, jobs, arrival departure dates, residential addresses. What do they exactly check?:confused::confused:

Received letter "Request for applicant to appear for naturalization intial interview" along with sheet of document checklist. Interview scheduled for June 30th.

Letter says bring following:
1. Proof of death or divorce for each prior marriage of yourself or spouse
2. Your spouse's naturliazation certificate or certificate of citizenship.
3. Any evidence of selective service registration => It does not apply to me, I'm ignoring this.

How does on get proof item #1?

Anyone requested original for item #2, I don't seem to find it? How long does it take or what is the process?

Last edited by a moderator:
The interview lasted only around 15 minutes. He asked my name and if I wanted to change it (I am taking my husband's last name), ssn, asked for my marriage certificate (I applied based on 5 years as a permanent resident, not based on marriage. But I did get married after I got my residency), asked how many days I was out of the country( 18 days in 5 years.Not much of a traveler), any DUIs or arrests (NONE), if I always paid my taxes (yes). Then asked me 5 questions out of the 100 I had studied. Then made me sign the photos, the oath on the last page of the application and a different paper with my info on it. Then he placed a stamp with big red letters that said APPROVED. He said that I will be recieving my oath letter in approxiamtely 2 weeks. YAY!!! :)

The interview lasted only around 15 minutes. He asked my name and if I wanted to change it (I am taking my husband's last name), ssn, asked for my marriage certificate (I applied based on 5 years as a permanent resident, not based on marriage. But I did get married after I got my residency), asked how many days I was out of the country( 18 days in 5 years.Not much of a traveler), any DUIs or arrests (NONE), if I always paid my taxes (yes). Then asked me 5 questions out of the 100 I had studied. Then made me sign the photos, the oath on the last page of the application and a different paper with my info on it. Then he placed a stamp with big red letters that said APPROVED. He said that I will be recieving my oath letter in approxiamtely 2 weeks. YAY!!! :)

Did you also recveived an N-652 or just stamp?