Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

The ceremony was good. There was a lot of waiting.

The oath the letter indicated 7am. Since I did nto want to be late I showed up at 6.30. They opened the doors just about them They had all the people distributed across the east and west entrances based on the last 3 digits of the A#.

In the lobby they had set up tables for check in. divided by A# in groups of 100 (100-199; 200-299 etc). The check in is very fast, They collect the green card, ask if anything has changed from the time of the interview (in my case I had traveled out of the country, but they did not care) and ask you to verify the birth date, country of birth and the spelling of the name on the certificate. Each person was given a different colored card based on when you completed the check in.

I went into the venue (which is basketball stadium) sat and waited. And waited, and then waited some more.

The judge did not show up until 9.45am and the ceremony did not start until 10am. The judge explained that the center was now a court and started the proceedings. A detail of US Marines did the Presentation of Colors. And then they went thru the naturalization. The USCIS deputy district director requested that the applicant be granted naturalization. The representative pointed out that 2094 applicants representing 121 different nationalities were present, some applicant scheduled for today were absent and she asked the judge to grant a continuance for them. Without objections it was granted . After some more questions from the judge he said that things seem in order and he explained the meaning of the oath. He asked if we were willing to take the oath and than administered it.

He made a brief speech, introduced a few people and than introduced a guest speaker: Richard Alderman, dean of the U of H law school who made a brief (fora lawyer) speech.

After the oath was administered some people passed out voter registration cards, and if you filled them in there they also collected them for filing.

The court was adjourned at 10.40am. Both the judge and the guest speaker were present to take pictures with the new citizens. People line up.

I made my way out of the building, collected the naturalization certificate and went downtown to the federal building to apply for a passport.

itahou,

Congratulation for becoming US Citizen.

Did u have expedited passport processing to receive the passport with in a day!!

itahou,
Did u have expedited passport processing to receive the passport with in a day!!

Correct: I scheduled the appointment at he Regional Passport Agency of the State Dept. at the beginning of the week. They ask you to prove that you have an immediate need. I had a non refundable airline ticked and a letter from my employer stating that I needed to travel on those dates for business reasons and that missing my trip would have caused considerable financial damage to my company. That was sufficient and they gave me the passport on Thursday for my trip on Saturday. However a couple with a ticked to Cancun who was in line in front of me was told they would get it in a week. So perhaps next day is only for business or emergency, not holidays.

Quick Update:
Today I received Interview Letter scheduled for 8/3/09 at Garden City at 10AM

By the way the USCIS website is now showing Validation Error when I put in my receipt number....

Oath done. Signature updated. Thank you everyone on this forum. You were a great help.

Last edited by a moderator:
At St. Paul, MN
I applied in the Middle of Jan 09, I got finger printed in the first week of March 09. I was interviewed in the middle of May 09. My oath ceremony is in the middle of July09. The entire proces took Six months from the date of submitting N-400.

I had my interview at St. Paul, MN on June 14th and the interview was a breeze. The matured gentleman who interviewed me was very professional. Walked through the N-400 application , giving reading test, written test and six easy questions and said I am recommended for citizenship and issuea paper to that effect. He asked I had any traffic citations and I said yes eventhough I did not mention about it in the application form. He wanted proof of paying all fines and luckily I was prepared for that and gathered it beforehand. He took the letters from county court and filed it and made a note of it in the N-400 form.Thanks to this forum, I got this tip here only. It helped me. Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences, it helped a lot right from the application stage to the interview stage.

N-400 Applied to Arizona Lockbox 01/15/2009
Received and priority date 01/26/2009
Fingerprinted 03/07/2009
Interview letter 04/12/2009 ( passed)
Interviewd on 05/14/2009
Oath scheduled at Bethel college 07/15/2009

CORECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coorection My interview was in May and not in June as mentioned in the description

hello everyone,

Has anyone ever received "a decision can not yet be made about your application" after the interview? I am very worried!

hello everyone,

Has anyone ever received "a decision can not yet be made about your application" after the interview? I am very worried!

Yes, a lot of people have. You need to post the particulars of your case so that people can comment.