Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

I am done!!!!

Oath ceremony in Des Moines had 140 new citizens from 44 countries.

It was a great experience. Thanks to everyone for their insight. It was valuable to have this information.

OKC Interview Approved

Finally my N-400 interview approved.
Went their around 9:30 for 10am appointment, called in around 10:30. out in less than 10 minutes. Asked read & write simple question, then 6 civic test questions.
Asked GC,DL, PP, nothing else, though I had all other doc handy, (as per JohnyCash's list) just in case.

Was told, oath letter will be sent in 2 weeks times for oath either end of July, or End of Aug, let's see.

Thanks to all forum members for valuable information through this long journey.

Miami Interview Experience

Reached Hialeah INS office at around 7:30am for 8:15am appt and I was called in at 8am and out of the office by 8:15.

A young spanish lady officer took my interview and she only asked for my PP and GC and she didn't even asked my DL nor my interview letter but I did asked her and she said she is fine with GC. Although Yellow letter asked me to show the DL so I guess it all depends on IO during the interview. Below are 6 questions which I asked:

1) who vetoes the bill?
2) What is the supreme law of the land?
3) What is capital of Florida?
4) what do we show loyalty to when we say the pledge of allegiance?
5) Who did the US fight in World War II?
6) Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?

I was asked to write "Washington is the capital" and to read "George Washington was first president". She took my signatures on all my answers and after that she went thru series of questions on N400 application and asked to print the name on it and sign on both the places. Once all are done she gave me N652 form and said "congratulations you are approved" and I should get oath letter in mail within 90 days.

During the interview process she asked my Birth certificate and my BC does not have middle name but my PP and GC does so she said we have to go as per BC and not as per the application but she did gave me the option to change the name and it will be long process so I insisted go with name as per BC.

Bottom line is now I will have my middle name removed from today and go as per the naturilization certificate.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for great support. Good luck to all those who are waiting!!!

Applied for Passport Regular mail

Got my oath and Citizenship certificate
07/4/2009
applied for passport and card

wanted to know , do they send everything back in 1 package if we mailed regular . Do they mail priority or regular.

Thanks for everybody

I have arrived at the destination. My journey is complete.

Thanks to others that were in the same boat and kept me company in different areas of this forum.

Thank you.

Passed the interview yesterday. was a big thing for me since this was my now or never attempt.

Thanks to all. Will post detailed post later today.

The appointment was at 10AM. checked in at 9:30. was called around 10:10. out in 10 mins.

Made me sworn in.
then asked for GC and Picture ID (DL)
then he made sure that I hadn't filed too early.
then went through N-400 quickly.
Asked for Passport to verify travel dates.
Made me sign application and photos.
English test. Speak "Who can Vote" Write Citizens can vote.
Civics test: don't remember all of them .. got first 6 right
1. Why did colonist fight british.
2. Who is the vice president.
3. highest court in US.
4. who is in-charge of executive branch.

I tried to offer some documents on the way, but he wasn't interested.

then he handed out the N-652 recommended for Approval notice and said that he is putting me in the next Oath ceremony that should be in or about 1 month.

The IO was very nice and chatty during whole interview. He asked me if I had family in India, and told me I could sponsor them as soon as I get my Nat. Cert.
He said the biggest problem because of which people get declined is English. and as soon as then call out people for interview from waiting area, he knows whether the applicant is going to make it through.

Now waiting for Oath Letter.

OCI Done

Completed OCI journey.
Received today Passport with Indian Life Visa & OCI Certificate.

Full Details:

06/06/09 : OCI Online registration.
06/08/09 : Mailed Completed OCI package to Houston by USPS Overnight mail.
06/09/09 : Delivered by USPS.
06/12/09 : Acknowledged.
06/17/09 : Photo/Signature Scanned.
07/03/09 : Registration Status Granted.
07/03/09 : Documents Printed
07/06/09 : Documents Dispatched.
07/09/09 : Documents Received @ Houston.
07/09/09 : Mailed Passports to CGI Houston.
07/16/09 : Received US Passport stamped with Indian U Visa, OCI Card & Cancelled Indian Passport.

Oath Done

Sent to Arizona
03/03/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Phoenix Lockbox
03/06/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
03/08/09 :Check Cashed
03/06/09 :priority Date
03/11/09 :Notice Date.
03/17/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)
06/16/09 : I/V done
07/17/09 : Oath completed

Good luck to all !

Done with my interview today. It was a rather dull show with a very predictable outcome. The interview lasted for 5 minutes. It seemed like the IOs were rather in a race to get the interviews done and over with. Every thing was pre-printed even before I was done with the interview. Literally, I was handed over the congratulations note before I could finish my last civic answer. I saw and heard a pregnant lady getting her Oath done the same day because of her condition. They said that they will give her the natrualization certificate later!! unheard of, really... Other than that, Seattle Office schedules the oaths on a weekly basis each Mondays. For those who cares, Seattle DO does not do any name changes other than 4th of July. All in all, next Monday will be the Oath day for me.

You all get this every day but seriously the knowledge I gained from the forum is un-explainable. The reason I was prepared with all the documents ( though only asked for Drivers License and Green Card) was due to this forum and the reason my case became dull was because I was prepared ( rather over prepared) by reading the experiences from all of you guys.. the wisdom of the mass ROX!! Ciao all!!

I passed today!!

My appointment is 10:40am, I was running late today, when I sit down at the waitting lobby, it was 10:40am. Called at 11:14, and l4 mins later I passed it.
Read: Who is G. Washington,
Write:Washington is the first president.
6 ques:
longest river
President name
Speaker of house's name
how many years for president
first ten amendments name
Native Americans

I asked and was told today's seats full, so scheduled at next Monday, Aug 3.

Interview postponed

I had a vacation overseas which I scheduled 6 months ago. for my bad luck, I got scheduled for the citizen interview during that time. I sent a letter requesting rescheduling. now I got the new interview date causing 50 days delay in my application.:mad:

DO Cincinnati
04/04/09 N400 Mailed to Phoenix, AZ LockBox
04/07/09 Received/Priority Date
04/10/09 NOA Date
04/13/09 Check Cashed
04/16/09 NOA received
04/22/09 FP notice date
04/27/09 FP notice received
05/19/09 FP Date/Done
06/08/09 IL notive received
07/13/09 ID Rescheduled
06/09/09 Request for a different day sent
07/25/09 IL 2nd notive received
09/01/09 ID scheduled

SOMC,

Are you in columbus or cincinnati? Where do you live and which DO you come under? In one earlier post, you mentioned you done FP at Columbus.