Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

We are US Citizen

Finally with God’s grace we are US Citizen. We had our Oath ceremony done at the US District Court. The ceremony was wonderful and the experience is of a lifetime. That I came to US on a frigid January evening, and how my limo driver picked me up little over 10 years ago seems retrospective now, though it was quite a journey from the days of H1 to Green Card and now Citizenship. Finally I would like to thank everyone on the forum for your advice and most needed support. Wish everybody Good Luck.

01/30/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX Lockbox.
02/03/09 : N-400 Received. (according to USPS website)
02/10/09 : Check Cashed.
02/12/09 : NOA Received
02/03/09 : Priority Date.
02/09/09 : Receipt Date.
02/17/09 : FP notice received
02/26/09 : FP Done walk-in
03/10/09 : IL Letter received
04/09/09 : IL appointment original but got rescheduled :confused:
05/06/09 : IL done
End of May : Oath letter received ;)
06/19/09 : Oath ceremony done :)
06/20/09 : PP Applied
??/??/?? : PP Recvd

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Interview over approved for Citizenship
Oath date :07/01/2009

It was a normal interview experience . But, I was nervous after reading all the posts.

Checked documents

1: A guy checks for Citizenship Q & A
2. after 30 minutes I/O called me and went through everything
Interview time 25 minutes

3.After That I was asked to wait for oath letter
30 minutes afterwards received oath letter

4. Now waiting for july 1st and to apply for PP
and wanna go and spend some good time in vacation

Thanks to every body in this forum

p.s always take 2 extra photographs , true copies of documents you submitted ( anything can happen --- some of our copies are missing or deliberate No one knows)

Interview over approved for Citizenship
Oath date :07/01/2009

It was a normal interview experience . But, I was nervous after reading all the posts.

Checked documents

1: A guy checks for Citizenship Q & A
2. after 30 minutes I/O called me and went through everything
Interview time 25 minutes

3.After That I was asked to wait for oath letter
30 minutes afterwards received oath letter

4. Now waiting for july 1st and to apply for PP
and wanna go and spend some good time in vacation

Thanks to every body in this forum

p.s always take 2 extra photographs , true copies of documents you submitted ( anything can happen --- some of our copies are missing or deliberate No one knows)

Congratulations! post timeline for others...

Alright, I'm done :) Had my interview on Tuesday as scheduled, then an oath on the same day. Citizen now.

Baltimore office rocks! I came in quarter to 10 for my 10:20 appointment. Sat in the waiting room, some guy was saying they are running a bit behind. Like, an hour behind or so, so I was not happy to hear that. But then at about 10:15 they called my name, an officer (a cute girl) took me in, looked through my file and said, well, I don't really need anything from you, all your documents are in order. So she only asked for GC, DL and passports (current and expired). Later on she also asked for Selective Service registration, so I gave her a printout from their website with my info.

Only thing she wanted to know was why I filed based on marriage when I was eligible to file as regular five-year residence. I said no specific reason, I just thought since I came to US based on marriage, so I'd file based on marriage. She said I didn't have to, and that it's simpler (less documents) when you do the five-year thing. So she checked that box on my application and crossed off the marriage one. Then she asked the civics questions and gave me the English "test". All the while we had a nice chat about this and that. At the end she asked me if I wanted a 12:00 or 15:00 oath, I said 12:00 of course, the sooner the better. So I was out of there in no more than 15 minutes, then just hung around for the oath (they do it in the same building). At around 12:50 I was out with my naturalization certificate in hand.

The End :)

Waiting for Oath Letter.

This morning I called the 800 number and was able to get to second level IO. He said its in the queue. Once they schedule it, I will be receiving the Oath Letter. So I guess I will wait for 2-3 weeks and then call again. Hopefully I will get it before that.

Thanks

Completed oath earlier this week. A total of 770 adults took the oath in San Diego. Was called in at 7:30am, arrived and got in line around 7:50am, entered the hall at 9:15am and the ceremony started right after that. Ceremony concluded at 11am. After 20 years dealing with multiple aspects of US immigration laws, feeling was one of relief at first.

Interview passed on 24th!

My appointment was at 830am .... I was called in shortly after 9 and taken to the guys office. He swore me in to tell thruth and then went over my n-400 making sure all information was correct and of course it wasn't..lol. I had messed up on the travel dates and accidentally put down that I was in mexico for 1 year for vacation. It was no problem, he just crossed it out and rewrote it.
All I was asked for is greencard, passport, and drivers license (given I had one)
English reading test was to read: October 12th is Columbus Day
English writing test was to write: Columbus Day is in October
Civics was:
1. what does the presidents cabinet do
2. how many years do we vote a senator for
3. what do we celebrate on independence day
4. name one branch of government
5. what group of peeps were taken to america and sold as slaves
6. when do we celebrate independence day

he then asked if I was prepared to take the oath as presented on the last page of n400..including to bear arms if neccessary (he made a point of it) ... I said yes....he said sign here and here and you are done.
He said I will get a letter to take the oath probably in august.
I hope it will be july...since im travelling in august. ugh

my interview was on may 30 2009 in detroit I am waiting for oath letter anybody knows about the dates of oath in grand rapids because my oath will be in grand rapids thanks for the help

D/O : Houston, TX
03/23/09 : N-400 Mailed.
03/24/09 : N-400 Received; Priority Date.
03/31/09 : Notice Date.
04/01/09 : Check Cashed.
05/13/09 : FP Appointment & Done
07/6/09 : Interview Date.
?? : Oath Letter.
?? : Oath Date.

OL recd

I got my OL today for 7/16 at campbell, ca

Sent to Arizona
03/03/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Phoenix Lockbox
03/06/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
03/08/09 :Check Cashed
03/06/09 :priority Date
03/11/09 :Notice Date.
03/17/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)
06/17/09 :IL passed
07/16/09 :OL scheduled.

Good luck to all

Hi All

Interview done, approved and received Oath letter for July 4, 2009.

IO asked usual questions from application, asked for Marriage Certificate as well.

Six Questions asked were

1. September 11 :-(
2. 13 Stripes
3. Ocean in west coast
4. Supreme Law of Land
5. Minimum age to vote
6. # of amendments

Also, was asked to read How many senators are there, and write the answer :).

It took less than 10 minutes.

Are you applying based on marriage to a US citizen? Thought marriage certificate is only for them, not 5yr grren card applicants.

Are you applying based on marriage to a US citizen? Thought marriage certificate is only for them, not 5yr grren card applicants.

I applied for Citizenship based on 5 years GC. I had lot of documents with me (Tax returns, Utility bills, Birth Certificate, Pay stubs, W2s etc. etc.) but IO asked for Marriage certificate. Don't know why IO asked for it. :confused:

Update

Got done with my interview today. It was a pleasant experience. I was in and out in 5 minutes! It was super fast, almost unblievable. I had overprepared and therefore had tons of documentation with me but nothing was asked, just the driving license and PR card. I also had 2 speeding traffic tickets that I had disclosed on my application and also mentioned them during the interview. No details were asked nor the court documents (which I had). My app was pretty straight forward, based on 5 year PR.

Interview details (pretty much standard procedure):

1. Took oath to speak the truth.
2. Given civics test - 6 questions.
3. Given one sentence to read and one to write.
4. IO zipped through the whole application, question by question, validating my responses.
5. Asked to verify name and some details on a page and asked to sign in a couple of places. Was also asked to sign the 2 photos that I had submitted with the app.
6. Was told that I've passed the test and was given an approval sheet.
7. Was told that I would get the Oath letter in the mail.
8. Done!

Thanks to this wonderful forum, because of which I knew what to expect and was well prepared.

Good luck to all!

My Information

N-400 Louisville DO
03/20/09 - N400 Mailed USPS
03/30/09 - Priority date
04/10/09 - FP notice received
04/21/09 - FP appointment
05/08/09 - Interview notice received
06/19/09 - Interview appointment date
xx/xx/09 - OL received
xx/xx/09 - Oath notice date
xx/xx/09 - Oath date

I applied for Citizenship based on 5 years GC. I had lot of documents with me (Tax returns, Utility bills, Birth Certificate, Pay stubs, W2s etc. etc.) but IO asked for Marriage certificate. Don't know why IO asked for it. :confused:

Abhay, I also applied based on 5 years GC in Tampa District Office, like you, I had all the important documents with me but the IO only asked to see my Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) and asked to see the original copy of my Marriage Certificate then got a copy of it for my file.

Congratulations! And same to all of those who recently passed their interviews.