Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

I called USCIS to check status of my case. It is in the interview queue but has not been scheduled yet. Has anyone heard this before? How long before the interview date is set?

That is what the agent told me too when I called. Nothing to worry about. From what I am seeing most people are getting their Interview Letters in 3 to 4 weeks after their fingerprint appointments.

I walked-in, got it done in less than 6 minutes.
there was only 1 person in line, i guess i was lucky on this one.
As for the interview, i hope i won't be short on my 3 year anniversary, i thought getting your FP early doesn't mean you will get your IL early, i just did it because i will be busy on the scheduled date.
Now my question is: Let's say hypothetically you're a few days shy on your 5yr anniv. (3 years in my case) does that delay the interview drastically?

No. One needs to be completing 5th or 3rd anniversary on or before Oath date. If you are still shy of statutory eligibility time period, the interview will go on, but they may not do same day Oath and will schedule it for later.

Anyway, I went today for walk-in and the guard let me complete the FP.

No. One needs to be completing 5th or 3rd anniversary on or before Oath date. If you are still shy of statutory eligibility time period, the interview will go on, but they may not do same day Oath and will schedule it for later.

Anyway, I went today for walk-in and the guard let me complete the FP.

Good to hear that you got it done today.
If i have a same day oath is great but i learned not to get my hopes up with the USCIS anyway, they have disappointed me a lot in the past :(

Yes, when you're don with your FP they will give you one with a CD.

Last edited by a moderator:
in queue for interview?

How did you guys learn you were in the queue for an interview? Do you call USCIS for that? would they still be able to tell you if the case number does not work online? please advise.

FD in Houston field office

Hi,

Has anybody done FD with priority date on March 25 or around this date in Houston?

My priority date is March 25 and I was wondering to know when I will get my FP notice!

Any idea?
03/25/2009: Priority Date
03/25/2009: Notice Date
04/04/2009: NOA received
00/00/0000: Fingerprint Notice
00/00/0000: FP taken
00/00/0000: Interview letter
00/00/0000: Interview Date
00/00/0000: Oath

Question

Has anyone ever done their interview and oath before your 5 year stay? just wondering, i filed less than 90 days before my 5th year anniv but my interview is on the may 20th and my 5th year anniv is may 24

Interview documents

Wondering if IO will ask for certified birth certificates of children at the interview based on 5-year residency. CFR notice listed it, but the latest interview letter checklist indicates birth cert. requirement only for 3-year marriage-based filers. We have only one set, but both mine and my wife's interviews are scheduled at the same time.

Also, CFR asked to bring court documentation related to a speeding ticket, but again the N-659 clearly states that no documentation would be required in my case.

Can someone with knowledge of a recent interview experience please advise on required documentation? Thanks.

Wondering if IO will ask for certified birth certificates of children at the interview based on 5-year residency. CFR notice listed it, but the latest interview letter checklist indicates birth cert. requirement only for 3-year marriage-based filers. We have only one set, but both mine and my wife's interviews are scheduled at the same time.

Also, CFR asked to bring court documentation related to a speeding ticket, but again the N-659 clearly states that no documentation would be required in my case.

Can someone with knowledge of a recent interview experience please advise on required documentation? Thanks.

They may request them, but it's a sure thing. Make photo copies of them so that you will both have them for your interviews in case they overlap.

Got a yellow letter CFR a week ago, before any biometrics letters. Called them up, level 2 support was puzzled himself: "hmm looks like they put you on queue for interview scheduling, but they can only do that after the BG check clears, which is based on biometrics". I suggested that maybe because I just had my biometrics taken sometime September last year (for my Green Card renewal) they went ahead and used that. He said that's most likely what happened. Quite interesting. Waiting for interview schedule letter then.

Anyone had a similar situation to confirm?

Getting yellow letter CFR (asking what to bring in interview) before IL is a sign that back ground check is clear and applicant is in que for intervew? Or USCIS is just sending yellow letters whenever they feel it. Thank you.

Getting yellow letter CFR (asking what to bring in interview) before IL is a sign that back ground check is clear and applicant is in que for intervew?

At least that's what I gathered from talking to their support rep. I mainly called because it seemed odd that I'd get the checklist before even having my biometrics taken, let alone my interview scheduled. Although he couldn't figure out why they'd send me the yellow letter BEFORE biometrics, until I suggested my last year's green card biometrics results to be the reason. But that's what he told me, that I was put on queue for interview scheduling.

There are only two possibilities here. Either I won't be taking any biometrics because I just did last year, or they messed up royally and I will find out about it at the interview in a as-a-matter-of-fact manner - "oh, we can't interview you, you didn't do your fingerprints". :eek:

BTW, I'm from Maryland, so that's Baltimore office we're talking about.

Getting yellow letter CFR (asking what to bring in interview) before IL is a sign that back ground check is clear and applicant is in que for intervew? Or USCIS is just sending yellow letters whenever they feel it. Thank you.

I didn't have FP yet, but already got this yellow letter CFR.

My CFR states "you indicated in your application that you have been arrested", but had only speeding ticket. Anyway I had just one ticket, I went to court in person and got the clear letter. I also got my driver's license record information from DMV.

I didn't have FP yet, but already got this yellow letter CFR.

So that means USCIS is sending Yellow letter CFR some time after sending FP notice, whether back ground check is clear or not.

Members please post your opinion on this. Thank you