Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

newbie here... i received my IL today and it's scheduled in California in May. I live in VA right now for school and won't make it to the appointment since I will be doing my rotations. Should I reschedule the interview for a VA office? How long will I have to wait for the new interview schedule? Thank you for your help.

i'm shocked myself, i was expecting a mid june interview...My DO would be San Francisco. Well wish me luck

Hi, I got my IL today too. Does it say "Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview" on your IL? That "initial" word is quite confusing.

Thanks.

Hi, I got my IL today too. Does it say "Request for Applicant to Appear for Naturalization Initial Interview" on your IL? That "initial" word is quite confusing.

Thanks.

It does say "initial". However this is a form letter and everyone gets the same letter. Nothing to worry about. Usually you would not need a second interview if your case does not have any complications.

Thanks.

Initial interview implies the main interview. Secondary interview implies the oath.

Yellow Notice

(Sorry for duplicate post)
Yesterday I received "Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check List". Asking me to bring Drivers licence and Selective Service Registration which I have submitted with my N-400 application.

Since I got this notice you think my name check is clear and I am in que for interview? I hope so :)

Thank you for support

Received the FP notice yesterday, planning to walk in next week.
See my signature. Thanks all.

D/O : Baltimore, MD
03/18/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX
03/19/09 : N-400 Received
03/19/09 : Priority Date
03/26/09 : Notice Date
02/30/09 : Check Cashed
04/04/09 : NOA Received ( I-797C) Current Status: Case received and pending
04/08/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C)
04/22/09 : FP Appointment
?? : Interview Letter
?? : Interview Date
?? : Oath Letter
?? : Oath Date

East Bay Area CA Timeline

Hi there,

I notice that your paperwork is moving fast. I had mailed my N-400 to Phoenix via Fedex from Union City, CA, here in East bay on Feb 12 and have received the Receipt Notice on Feb 26 with the priority date on Feb 17. Until today, I still have not received my fingerprint notice. Its been 41 days already, was just concerned as everybody's paperwork is moving fast.

My file was transferred to National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit, MO(Missourie).

I don't see any threads with anybody's file being transferred to Missourie.

I had filed 90 days in advance before completing my entire 5 years of having greencard. But, I guess one can do that. I am not sure whether INS is delaying my paperwork to send me fingerprint notice after I finish my 5 years on May 12, 2009. It is quite unusual, I just hope they have not put my greencard file away.

Can you please share your thoughts on this and maybe anybody from East Bay, CA has faced a similar situation.

AshP

Timeline for NYC

Hello everyone,

Thank you for providing much needed and appreciated timeline for naturalization process.

Here is mine:

03/09/2009 -- N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX
03/11/2009 -- N-400 received
03/19/2009 -- Notice/priority date
03/20/2009 -- Check cashed
03/21/2009 -- Notice received
04/07/2009 -- FP Notice received
04/08/2009 -- FP Done (Walk-in, FP Appointment was scheduled for 04/16/2009)
05/08/2008 -- CFR (Yellow letter) received
06/02/2009 -- Interview letter received
06/16/2009 -- Interview scheduled/ got N-652 with choice B checked -- a decision cannot be made about your application

Good luck to all.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know it was transferred to Lee's Summit, MO?

My NOA also has that address on envelope and also at bottom of NOA. However it was mailed from 75067(Lewisville, TX) zip code, i could tell that from PO stamp on the envelope. I think thats the normal procedure. Isn't it?

Hi there,

I notice that your paperwork is moving fast. I had mailed my N-400 to Phoenix via Fedex from Union City, CA, here in East bay on Feb 12 and have received the Receipt Notice on Feb 26 with the priority date on Feb 17. Until today, I still have not received my fingerprint notice. Its been 41 days already, was just concerned as everybody's paperwork is moving fast.

My file was transferred to National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit, MO(Missourie).

I had filed 90 days in advance before completing my entire 5 years of having greencard. But, I guess one can do that. I am not sure whether INS is delaying my paperwork to send me fingerprint notice after I finish my 5 years on May 12, 2009. It is quite unusual, I just hope they have not put my greencard file away.

Can you please share your thoughts on this and maybe anybody from East Bay, CA has faced a similar situation.

AshP

Hi there,

AshP

If your file was transferred to the National Benefits Center, that is normal. You will be getting your notices etc from there.

However, you should have got your fingerprinting notice by now. I would advise you to call 1-800-375-5283, select the option for Case Status, and having no receipt number. That way you should be able to talk to an agent who can look up if a FP letter was sent out.

Hi there,

AshP

AshP, we are in the same boat, we are also applying 90 days in advance, even my and wife's file has been transferred to MSC (National Benefits Center), looks like in this case we are little delayed(very little) than the other folks.

I don't know the exact details, but I think most people N400 go to the National benefits center ? That is why the NOA starts with NBC* ?
You might want to call them why FP didn't come-most people seemed to have gotten their FP pretty fast.

Here is my info

D/O : Detroit, MI

02/28/09 : N-400 Mailed to Arizona Lockbox.
03/02/09 : N-400 Received.
03/02/09 : Priority Date.
03/07/09 : Notice Date.
03/12/09 : Check Cashed.
03/21/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
03/131/09 : FP Appointment & Done
?? : Interview Letter.
?? : Interview Date
?? : Oath Letter.
?? : Oath Date.

Hi,

How can I enter NBC on touch phone?

I want to call INS and check my Status online but when it asked about my number I don't know how to enter NBC on the phone!

Hi

Back after 5 1/2 years

Applied for Citizenship on 3/30/2009
Check (Cheque) cashed today 4/8/2009
:)