Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

Just giving my share on the different timelines...

02/02/2009 N-400 mailed to TSC (should be the lockbox !!!)
02/19/2009 Check cashed
02/21/2009 I-797C, NOA received ; details as follow : Received/Priority Date 02/05/2009; Notice Date 02/17/2009
03/03/2009 FP Appointment Notice received
03/18/2009 FP Done - USCIS CHA, NC

Hey guys, after seeing all the timelines here, I was wondering about mine. I filed to the lewisville lockbox on the 11th of march, received on the 12th, and as of today still have not received any notices from USCIS. The check was cashed on the 22nd according to my bank. Is there action I need to take at this time? I realize it has only been 15 days since they received it but many of you have gotten notices within a week or 10 days, was just wondering if I am out of the ordinary.

I won't be worried since there's already an indication that they are processing your application when your check was cashed. Although some applicants received their NOA in less than 2 weeks, still the majority receives their NOA between the 2nd and 3rd week after mailing their application. I have a good feeling you will receive your NOA very soon, latest the next week. Goodluck the rest of the way !

Hey guys, after seeing all the timelines here, I was wondering about mine. I filed to the lewisville lockbox on the 11th of march, received on the 12th, and as of today still have not received any notices from USCIS. The check was cashed on the 22nd according to my bank. Is there action I need to take at this time? I realize it has only been 15 days since they received it but many of you have gotten notices within a week or 10 days, was just wondering if I am out of the ordinary.

I am in the same boat as you are just one day behind. I haven't got any notices either. So it seems the lewisvile center is running just a little bit slow. Hope we get our notices in the next few days.

Surprised to see the Interview Notice in the mail when I came home today...
QUESTIONS - What's an evidence of Selective Service Registration ? Where can I can get a good interview reviewer ?
Thanks in advance for your reply(s) !

02/02/2009 N-400 mailed to TSC (should be the lockbox !!!)
02/19/2009 Check cashed
02/21/2009 I-797C, NOA received ; details as follow : Received/Priority Date 02/05/2009; Notice Date 02/17/2009
03/03/2009 FP Appointment Notice received
03/18/2009 FP Done - USCIS CHA, NC
03/28/2009 Interview Letter received; Interview Date 05/05/09

QUESTIONS - What's an evidence of Selective Service Registration ?

If you are a male who lived in the United States in a status other than as a lawful non-immigrant between age 18 and 26 you would have registered for selective service (that's the military draft lottery system). If you have you can call 1-847-688-6888 and get a letter from them.
If you did not register with the Selective Service and you (1) are male, (2) are 26 years old or older, and (3) lived in the United States in a status other than as a lawful nonimmigrant between the ages of 18 and 26 you will have to explain why you did not register. Get a "Status Information Letter" from the Selective Service (Call 1-847-688-6888) for more information.

Now: if you are asking this because of what you saw on the interview letter and came to US after you were 26, I do not think you should worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are a male who lived in the United States in a status other than as a lawful non-immigrant between age 18 and 26 you would have registered for selective service (that's the military draft lottery system). If you have you can call 1-847-688-6888 and get a letter from them.
If you did not register with the Selective Service and you (1) are male, (2) are 26 years old or older, and (3) lived in the United States in a status other than as a lawful nonimmigrant between the ages of 18 and 26 you will have to explain why you did not register. Get a "Status Information Letter" from the Selective Service (Call 1-847-688-6888) for more information.

Now: if you are asking this because of what you saw on the interview letter and came to US after you were 26, I do not think you should worry.

Thanks, man !
Yes, I saw this is the interview letter. I also came here when I was 28 on H1B and then became a GC-holder and now applying for citizenship. Looks like I don't have to worry about it then.

After contacting USCIS last week about lost FP notice, I got an email from USCIS regarding my FP "Our records indicate that you recently requested that we reschedule your biometrics appointment. Your case is currently in suspense until you complete this process. You will be receiving a notice with your new appointment time and date on it. Please follow any instructions on that notice"

After contacting USCIS last week about lost FP notice, I got an email from USCIS regarding my FP "Our records indicate that you recently requested that we reschedule your biometrics appointment. Your case is currently in suspense until you complete this process. You will be receiving a notice with your new appointment time and date on it. Please follow any instructions on that notice"

I was reading on another thread that someone sent his notice for rescheduling back to the DO because he was out of towna nd did not hear from them for a long time. Then others on the thread suggested doing a walk in and explain the situation . The applications ervice center then processed the fingerprint without the notice(they actually give it back to you.) Yes it was in the Phoenix thread. maybe you could look it up and do a walk in to your service center and explain the situation and try that?

Just sent my N-400 on 3/23/09

04/01/09: Check Cashed
03/25/09: Priority Date
03/31/09: Notice Date
04/04/09: NOA Received ( I-797C), with NBCxxxx application number.
04/08/09: FP Notice Date
04/13/09 FP Notice Received
04/23/09: FP Appointment
04/23/09: FP check completed by FBI
06/01/09: Case File Review Notice Recd
06/01/09: IL Recd
08/11/09: Interview Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my FP done today. It takes about 10-15 minutes if there is no wait. The process was signing at the front desk, hands are visually checked along with resident card and FP notice, after verify this info, a stamp was applied to FP notice and one page sheet was given to me to fill. Sheet asked for basic info which is already on resident card, along with your current address, telephone, country of citizenship, all names used. After filling this sheet I had to go back in the same line, go to front desk and collect a token which had a number. My number was immediately called and about 12-15 fingerprints were taken. Make sure you verify all info on the computer as asked by attendant, its hand typed based on what you fill on the sheet.