Q1 (JAN-MAR) 2009 N400 Filers Tracker

My IL arrived today, refer signature

Same here - just got my IL in the mail today, signature updated.

So to summarize then - if you have taken the biometrics within a year, you won't have to take it again. However, I still paid a fee for it when I applied for N-400 :mad:

Not bad though, only four months from filing to interview (and possibly oath - Baltimore often does oath on the same day as the interview)

Got the Interview letter - Folks, I got a booklet for the interview exams, during my finger printing. Is that sufficient to prepare for the interview or should I need to read other materials?

03/01/09 : N-400 Mailed to TX - Lockbox facility
03/05/09 : Mail received
03/05/09 : Priority Date.
03/11/09 : Check Cashed.
03/12/09 : Notice Date.
03/15/09 : NOA Received
03/24/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
04/04/09 : FP Done at Portland Street, ASC - Boston
04/13/09 : Interview note received
06/02/09 : Interview Date (Boston,MA)

So that means USCIS is sending Yellow letter CFR some time after sending FP notice, whether back ground check is clear or not.

Members please post your opinion on this. Thank you

I think there is very little (if any) correlation between the Yellow letter and anything else. But again, its USCIS :) you never know.

Did you receive yellow letter at any time?
I did not. But, I answered all questions about arrest, citation as NO. I later realized I was supposed to answer YES to some of them, because I had two traffic tickets both approx 5 year old. I am planning on taking the disposition letters with me to interview and disclose them.

Some folks here speculate that the Yellow letter is canned response, if you answered some of these questions as Yes.

I did not. But, I answered all questions about arrest, citation as NO. Some folks here speculate that the Yellow letter is canned response, if you answered some of these questions as Yes.

I don't think that's exactly true. I also answered NO to all of those questions, and still got the yellow letter, telling me to bring the same documents that I already submitted with my application. (tax transcripts, marriage certificate, my children birth certificates) Funny thing, the letter even said: "Unless previously submitted, bring the following documents to the interview"

I don't think that's exactly true. I also answered NO to all of those questions, and still got the yellow letter, telling me to bring the same documents that I already submitted with my application. (tax transcripts, marriage certificate, my children birth certificates) Funny thing, the letter even said: "Unless previously submitted, bring the following documents to the interview"

Letter is asking me to bring Driving License and Status Information Letter from "Selective Service" which I had submitted with my original application.

Regarding Yellow for on "arrests": Today, i went to court house in my town and explained them that USCIS is asking me to get the court depositions about my arrests and criminal records, whereas i was never arrested for any civil/criminal procedings.

The court cleark searched in the records and gave me a "Records Resesrach and Billing form" (attested) stating that there are no records on my and my wife's names.

In addition we are going to take the latest driving records too...

I called USCIS today and reached the secondary officer today. he said that I was in the queue and today a spot opened up in the automatic system and I was assigned so I should get interview letter by end of week. He said to call back if I did not receive by end of next week.

Also just wanted to add the first person I talked to was very helpful . She readily acknowledged that she had no info, took down some details and transferred me . Very nice lady.So Woo-Hoo!:D:) My interview letter is in the mail:):):):)

I called USCIS today and reached the secondary officer today. he said that I was in the queue and today a spot opened up in the automatic system and I was assigned so I should get interview letter by end of week. He said to call back if I did not receive by end of next week.

Also just wanted to add the first person I talked to was very helpful . She readily acknowledged that she had no info, took down some details and transferred me . Very nice lady.So Woo-Hoo!:D:) My interview letter is in the mail:):):):)

You had your fingerprints taken on March 17th and you're already calling to find out when your interview is going to take place? Wow some people have no patience lol...:eek:
Anyway, good luck....

Something about the squeaky wheel gets the grease?:D

But seriously if you look at the time lines, a lot of people a few days this way , that way of me have got their interview letters already .

For once I think we can say USCIS is doing a great job with this..

strange behaviors of USCIS.

Not that I am getting impatient or complaining but today is 19th day from my PD and no FP Notice in sight...

Did you get your FP done for any other reason in the last 1 yr? Some other posters on this board had the same issue. Apparantely FP done with USCIS for any other reason last year also works for them..Hmm I wonder if they give back your biometric fee?

Did you get your FP done for any other reason in the last 1 yr? Some other posters on this board had the same issue. Apparantely FP done with USCIS for any other reason last year also works for them..Hmm I wonder if they give back your biometric fee?

Nope... nothing since I got it done for GC 5-6 yrs back... I guess its just a matter of time.

From an average,, I calculate 2 weeks to get the FP notice from the Notice date. Hence, I think you probably should get a notice this week.

We received the yellow letter with the interview letter arriving 2 days later. So i dont think there's a correlation between the yellow letter and the BG check. Well, me and the Mrs. have our interview tomorrow at the same time. I dont know about her but I'm ready for the 100 questions and more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Received FP Notice today, appointment on May 6th.

Has anyone done early FP at Boston DO ? Please share your experience :)

Boston interview

Got the Interview letter - Folks, I got a booklet for the interview exams, during my finger printing. Is that sufficient to prepare for the interview or should I need to read other materials?

03/01/09 : N-400 Mailed to TX - Lockbox facility
03/05/09 : Mail received
03/05/09 : Priority Date.
03/11/09 : Check Cashed.
03/12/09 : Notice Date.
03/15/09 : NOA Received
03/24/09 : FP Notice Received ( I-797C).
04/04/09 : FP Done at Portland Street, ASC - Boston
04/13/09 : Interview note received
06/02/09 : Interview Date (Boston,MA)

Meow_Meow, it seems like our interviews dates are same! What time is your interview on June 2nd? I don't know where the Boston office is located at all, do you know if there is parking available somewhere nearby (and is affordable:)?

Yeah, that's what happened to me. Apparently they skipped my biometrics this time since I just had it done last year, for my GC. So they went right to scheduling the interview. And I seriously doubt I'm going to get my biometrics fee back. I'm not that unhappy about it - if it helped speed up the N-400 process, so be it.