Proper Attire?

richmondva

Registered Users (C)
The yellow (CFR) letter also states that "You should be properly attired and be on time for your interview."

I have to probably drop the idea of going in Pajamas :D now but what is the definition of proper attire? Is it recommended that one goes stinking and sweating :eek: at 105 degrees in a tuxedo or a coat and tie or is it OK to go dressed civilized like human beings in business casual :) ? If the IO is a hot chick; are we allowed to open our coats and showcase our muscles (kiddin!)

Proper attire means no shorts, low cut shirts, flip flops etc..you're always safe with smart casual attire.

The yellow (CFR) letter also states that "You should be properly attired and be on time for your interview."

what is the definition of proper attire? ...is it OK to go dressed civilized like human beings in business casual :) ?

Business casual is perfectly fine. You want to create a decent or "neutral" impression, get in there, and get out as quickly and cleanly as possible...

If the IO is a hot chick; are we allowed to open our coats and showcase our muscles (kiddin!)

Absolutely no comment...but the interview itself would not be a good time to bring your "good moral character" into question... :)

Business casual is perfectly fine. You want to create a decent or "neutral" impression, get in there, and get out as quickly and cleanly as possible...

Absolutely no comment...but the interview itself would not be a good time to bring your "good moral character" into question... :)

If you look at the form, those actions DO NOT constitute CIMT. Doing a hot chick is perfectly fine ...as long as you dont pay her.:D
And... don't argue with her while doing:cool:

Likewise "Going to Argentina " is perfectly fine in USA which could land you in prison in mid-east:eek:

But... remember not to marry hot chick- if you cant produce marriage/divorce certificate, it could land you into the zone of CIMT.

Always respect the laws of this country.

Fortunately I am already married to a hot chick :) who would ensure (assuming we get the same day interview) that the "good moral character" is maintained. Any extra "perks" for the IO or "trips to Argentina" may have to wait until at least after the interview if at all.

Thanks a lot for the info guys. Lately the muscles (read fat) have started to build at wrong places (read belly) :D and did not wish to spend a few hundred extra bucks on a new coat. Maybe this should be a good incentive to get back into shape! Loosing a few extra pounds while waiting for the IL (whichs aids the cause anyway) may not be a bad idea!

Fortunately I am already married to a hot chick :) who would ensure (assuming we get the same day interview) that the "good moral character" is maintained. Any extra "perks" for the IO or "trips to Argentina" may have to wait until at least after the interview if at all.

Thanks a lot for the info guys. Lately the muscles (read fat) have started to build at wrong places (read belly) :D and did not wish to spend a few hundred extra bucks on a new coat. Maybe this should be a good incentive to get back into shape! Loosing a few extra pounds while waiting for the IL (whichs aids the cause anyway) may not be a bad idea!
I think someone should add this to the 'Documentation/Preparation for Interview' thread. Get in shape while you wait for IL.

I don't see anything wrong in going casual and you happen to show your properly exercised muscles. I have seen chicks dress so hot (not temp hot, but looking hot) for the interview that I wonder the intentions :eek: . I am sure they are naive and trying to look best :cool:

I went smart casual attire for both the interview and oath, as i am in miami it would be silly to wear a jacket.

At the interview I was surprised at some of the guys attire, jeans, blaring red t - shirts, bad idea!

But I have to say the women being called for interview were all dressed very smart.

I only own jeans and sneakers as I have been retired for quite a while now. I bought a pair of business slacks from Wally's for $14, leather shoes $35 and a tie $8. I already had long-sleeve business shirts that I wear every day.

Citizenship is important to me so I figured it an honor to spend a few bucks to look presentable. I can't say for sure but I suspect the IOs can be slightly biased by one's attire and demeanor at the interview. I was not taking any chances.

After the Oath Ceremony I will probably never wear them again, but still worth it.

I plan to wear a slim fit dress shirt, custom made cufflinks, jacket and a scottish skirt, knee high socks and ankle high boots...:D

hahaha Al you have a great sense of humor.

I say dress like you dress when going to a job interview =)

I plan to wear a slim fit dress shirt, custom made cufflinks, jacket and a scottish skirt, knee high socks and ankle high boots...:D

Dress whatever slim shirt and skirt you want... but be very careful when you go for a few mins to relieve yourself. DO NOT TAP and..DO NOT RESPOND to TAPS in the adjacent stalls. if you do, you could be land up in minneapolis hall of fame and be deported from THAT airport.

I heard there are lots of republicans out in the USCIS offices.

Dress whatever slim shirt and skirt you want... but be very careful when you go for a few mins to relieve yourself. DO NOT TAP and..DO NOT RESPOND to TAPS in the adjacent stalls. if you do, you could be land up in minneapolis hall of fame and be deported from THAT airport.

I heard there are lots of republicans out in the USCIS offices.

I don't have to worry about the bathroom issue, I will do what dog owners do, bring my poop plastic bag. I understand Borat brought his to a guest dinner in the movie Borat... ;)

Republicans should just wait for Reagan to rise from the dead if they have a chance to win elections in hell...:)