Project "Ocean" : Become a U.S. Citizen by 2008 Election !!

15 adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 at the CSC

According to the latest report of Project Kashmir,
the number of approvals for recent 7 months are:
Code:
248 ... October 2003 (as of 10/24/2003)
442 ... September 2003
252 ... August 2003
263 ... July 2003
395 ... June 2003
359 ... May 2003
397 ... April 2003
Nothing changed in October 2003, the first month of FY2004.

This means:
1) it would take a half year that the processing date of JIT report would proceed only one month
2) the CSC would ajudicate I-485 cases filed mainly before February 2002 in this fiscaly year (by September 2004)
3) the case filed one year ago (in October 2002) would be approved five years later (in 2008)
4) the case filed this month (October 2003) would be approved ten years after (in 2013).

The USCIS' backlog reduction plan really relys on IT (information technology), and it is targetted by the end of FY2006 (September 2006, three years later) .... and it must be failed.

We defnitely need 15-20 adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 at the CSC right now.

I'd like to propose starting new campaign from 10/27/2003.
My proposal is:
to fax the letter to two Senators in CA
to ask them to request the Director of CSC to allocate 15 adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485.

Please post your comment or idea.
-kashmir

Attachment: null.txt
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

(11/16/2003)
Attached is the weekly report of Project Kashmir as of 11/02/2003.
You have to agree on the following items before download.
1) I will not distribute the data to others.
2) I will participate in one of Project Ocean related activities withn 5 days if i have not participate in any activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kashmir
Can we ask how many 485 cases were approved this past 6 months in BCIS? and if that no tally's roughly with your's atleast they are honest. On the otherhand if they give wrong figures
we have one more reason to sue them
:mad: :mad:

numbers

Originally posted by Dadagiri
Kashmir
Can we ask how many 485 cases were approved this past 6 months in BCIS? and if that no tally's roughly with your's atleast they are honest. On the otherhand if they give wrong figures
we have one more reason to sue them
:mad: :mad:
Hi, Dadagiri,
The CSC had already provided some numbers at
CSC Liaison Meeting Summary For August 27, 2003 (09-16-2003)
as follows.
However, I don't think we can sue the USCIS based on these numbers.
We need another strategy to file a lawsuit against the USCIS.

Anyway, these numbers are far from the fact,
and we would not see any problem if the CSC would be constantly adjudicating 4500 to 5000 EB I-485 cases monthly.
-kashmir

Adjustment Applications (I-485)
These types of cases, as mentioned above, are not a priority at this time. The JIT Report Processing Date will soon reflect a change from November 16, 2001 to December 16, 2001. Although it appeared that I-485s have not been adjudicated, the following statistics were provided as to the number of cases completed:
Code:
[B]May             2,943
June            3,178
July            2,472[/B]
When normal resources are allocated to the adjudication of these cases, it was indicated that 4500 to 5000 cases are completed on a monthly basis.

Re: 15 adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 at the CSC

Originally posted by kashmir
We defnitely need 15-20 adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 at the CSC right now.

My proposal is:
to ask them to request the Director of CSC to allocate 15 adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485.

-kashmir
In my experience, the Senator's office accepts a fax only during office hours,
so I suggest everyone to fax one page of letter mentioning ImmigrationPortal.Com's petition to their Washington D.C. offices.

I will send 8 pages of petition and udpated list of all signatures via USPS Certified Mail to Senators' Washignton D.C. office tomorrow (on 10/27/2003).
-kashmir

(sample letter)

ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA 22205
Phone: (703) 908-4800
United for Dignity, Equality and Acceptance

October 27, 2003

Senator Dianne Feinstein
United States Senate
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-3841
Fax: (202) 228-3954

RE: Petition by ImmigrationPortal.Com

Dear U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein;

I am one of Employment based I-485 applicants suffering from the current processing delay at the California Service Center of the Bereau of Citizenship and Immigration Service, and also a member of one of the largest legal worker's online immigrant community ImmigrationPortal.Com. You will soon receive our petition and the list of signatures from one of member of our commnity in California.

Could you please take our petition into your consideration, especially request the Director of California Service Center to allocate (at least) fifteen adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 so that the backlog would not grow more than two years of the current backlog ?

It is acceptable that CIS filing fees would be reasonably increased for the fund to allocate EB I-485 dedicated adjudicators.

... (your own statement if any) ...

Best regards,

(your signature)

(your name)
(your residential address)
(your contact information)

Barbara Boxer fax number

Barbara Boxer receives a fax at San Francisco office.
-kashmir

(sample letter to Babara Boxer)

ImmigrationPortal.Com

October 27, 2003

Senator Barbara Boxer
United States Senate
112 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-0505
Phone: (202) 224-3553
Fax: (415) 956-6701

Dear U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer;

I am one of Employment based I-485 applicants suffering from the current processing delay at the California Service Center of the Bereau of Citizenship and Immigration Service, and also a member of one of the largest legal worker's online immigrant community ImmigrationPortal.Com. You will soon receive our petition and the list of signatures from one of member of our commnity in California.

Could you please take our petition into your consideration, especially request the Director of California Service Center to allocate (at least) fifteen adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 so that the backlog would not grow more than two years of the current backlog ?

It is acceptable that CIS filing fees would be reasonably increased for the fund to allocate EB I-485 dedicated adjudicators.

Best regards,

(your signature)

(your name)

New Campaign to Get 15 Adjudicators Dedicated to EB I-485 at CSC

According to the latest report of Project Kashmir,
the number of approvals for recent 7 months are:
Code:
248 ... October 2003 (as of 10/24/2003)
442 ... September 2003
252 ... August 2003
263 ... July 2003
395 ... June 2003
359 ... May 2003
397 ... April 2003
Nothing changed in October 2003, the first month of FY2004.

This means:
1) it would take a half year that the processing date of JIT report would proceed only one month
2) the CSC would ajudicate I-485 cases filed mainly before February 2002 in this fiscaly year (by September 2004)
3) the case filed one year ago (in October 2002) would be approved five years later (in 2008)
4) the case filed this month (October 2003) would be approved ten years after (in 2013).

The USCIS' backlog reduction plan really relys on IT (information technology), and it is targetted by the end of FY2006 (September 2006, three years later) .... and it must be failed.

However, according to FY2004 CIS budget plan, the CSC might have no additional fund to hire new 15 officers dedicated to EB I-485.

But, according to the following article at murthy.com, it might be a chance.

CIS Fees Expected to Increase
In mid October 2003, we received a CIS notification in connection with an I-485 case indicating that filing fees are expected to increase in the near future. ...

It might be the only way possible to produce the fund to allocate additional officers for EB I-485,
but again, we need to confirm that increased filing fees would be used for that purpose.

I'd like to propose starting new campaign.
My proposal is:

In my experience, the Senator's office accepts a fax only during office hours,
so I suggest everyone to fax one page of letter mentioning ImmigrationPortal.Com's petition to their Washington D.C. offices.
Then, post at the subproject thread once you had faxed.
-kashmir

(10/27/2003 11:20am update)
I have just sent the following documents to both Senators' Washington DC offices by USPS Certified Mail.
1) cover letter
2) petition (8 pages)
3) list of 3,002 signatures as of 9am 10/27/2003 (134 pages)

I will send 8 pages of petition and udpated list of all signatures via USPS Certified Mail to Senators' Washignton D.C. office on 10/27/2003.

(sample letter to Dianne Feinstein)

ImmigrationPortal.Com

October 27, 2003

Senator Dianne Feinstein
United States Senate
331 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-3841
Fax: (202) 228-3954

Dear U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein;

Best regards,

(your signature)

(your name)

(sample letter to Babara Boxer)

ImmigrationPortal.Com

October 27, 2003

Senator Barbara Boxer
United States Senate
112 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-0505
Phone: (202) 224-3553
Fax: (415) 956-6701

Best regards,

(your signature)

(your name)

Visit Mike Honda (D CA 15th) Campbell office

Originally posted by kashmir 14th October 2003 05:10 PM
Is somebody living in CA 15th District interested in visiting Mike Honda's Campbell office to request a meeting (with me) ?
-kashmir

The Honorable Michael Honda
1999 South Bascom Ave
Suite 815
Campbell, CA 95008
Phone: (408) 558-8085
Fax: (408) 558-8086
I'd like to visit Mike Honda's Campbell office with one living in CA 15th District by the end of this month (10/31/2003).
I will prepare two sets of documents which consists of the petition and the list of signatures.
I will sign one of them, and another is for a resident in CA 15 District.
We will not request a meeting, so no specific follow-up will be required,
but if you would get a response, I'd like you to post here or to let me know.

Does somebody visit Mike Honda's Campbell office with me ?
I will arrange my schedule.
-kashmir

Hi Kashmir,

I know you are busy but if you get some time can you please post the contents of the responses you get from the congressmen/women and senators and reps..so we know what is the going on...

Originally posted by kadamtal
Hi Kashmir,
I know you are busy but if you get some time can you please post the contents of the responses you get from the congressmen/women and senators and reps..so we know what is the going on...
Hi, kadamtal,
I have been posting almost all my activities here in this thread, and the sumary list every weekend.
Frankly speaking, the ratio of getting responses is not so high (as expected),
but we have to continue it until we can get a positive response.
Also, if you get a response, please post it here.
kadamtal, how about you ? Have you got any response ?
-kashmir

Re: 15 adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 at the CSC

My proposal is:

-kashmir
According to FY2004 CIS budget plan, the CSC might have no additional fund to hire new 15 officers dedicated to EB I-485.

But, according to the following article at murthy.com, it might be a chance.

CIS Fees Expected to Increase
In mid October 2003, we received a CIS notification in connection with an I-485 case indicating that filing fees are expected to increase in the near future. ...

I think it is the only way possible to produce the fund to allocate additional officers for EB I-485,
but again, we need to confirm that increased filing fees would be used for that purpose.
I will incorporate it into sample letters to Senators.
-kashmir

Nope...no response for the one's i sent...

But, i am on the last piece of our strategy i.e, Media which i believe has quite some effect even if we would get few heads turn to listen...

I have been contacting ABC local news, san jose mercury news and some local channels. I haven't had any luck so far but i am not quitting...

We need all angles covered...No matter what, i will fax millions of petitions if you ask me too...that's my promise...

Originally posted by kadamtal
Nope...no response for the one's i sent...

But, i am on the last piece of our strategy i.e, Media which i believe has quite some effect even if we would get few heads turn to listen...

I have been contacting ABC local news, san jose mercury news and some local channels. I haven't had any luck so far but i am not quitting...

We need all angles covered...No matter what, i will fax millions of petitions if you ask me too...that's my promise...
Hi, kadamtal,
I am very pleased to hear that you have been contacting Media.
I agree that it is effective.

Unfortunately, I am not familier with Media,
nor I don't have enough time for Media.
Can you take the initiative for Media in California ?
-kashmir

Talked to Ms. Alis Aguirre at Anne Eshoo (D CA 14th) Washington DC office

I called to Anna Eshoo's Washington DC office and talked with Alis Aguirre.
Thanks to the fax campaign of the last week,
she seemed completely to understand our requests, especially our presence of "ImmigrationPortal.Com".

Unfortunately, since Congresswoman was too busy last week, Alis had no chance to talk with Congresswoman.
As Congresswoman will be back in the office on Wednesday,
Alis promised me to talk to Congresswoman on Wednesday, then to update to me.
-kashmir
Can you fax one page of your letter like the following ?
Your residential address doesn't matter.
Then, please post at the subproject thread once you had faxed.
-kashmir

October 20, 2003

Congresswoman Anna Eshoo
Attn: Ms. Alis Aguirre
205 Cannon Building
Washington, DC 20515-0514
Fax: (202) 225-8890

Re: Petition by ImmigrationPortal.Com

Dear Alis Aquirre;

(sample)
I am a member of ImmigratinPortal.Com.
Could you please take our petition into consideration,
especially amendment of Naturalization requiment ?

Best regards,

(your signature)
(your name)
(your address)

Hi, kadamtal,
I am very pleased to hear that you have been contacting Media.
I agree that it is effective.

Unfortunately, I am not familier with Media,
nor I don't have enough time for Media.
Can you take the initiative for Media in California ?
-kashmir

Kashmir, Kadamtal

I am also one of the person in the same boat as u guys are, and I intend to contribute whatever I can. Can one of you forward me the appropriate/formatted letter that needs to go to the media. I am not very good in putting words together, so would appreciate anything that I can forward to the media . (San Jose Mercury news). And whom should this go to..(Editor or Executive Editor.. or appropriate person). Below are some list of people in SJMercury News

San Jose Mercury News -- Headquarters

E-mail: letters@mercurynews.com
Phone: (408) 920-5000
Fax: (408) 288-8060
Address: 750 Ridder Park Dr San Jose, CA 95190

Staff
Jim Braly -- Commentary Editor
Mike Frankel -- Law, Justice Editor
Susan Goldberg -- Executive Editor
Mike Guersch -- Executive Sports Editor
John Hoeffel -- National Editor
Heather Phillips -- Washington Tech Reporter
Jim Puzzanghera -- Washington Correspondent
Dan Sneider -- Editorial Columnist
John Swartley -- Editorial Pages Letters Editor
David Yarnold -- Editor
Luis Zaragoza -- Education Editor

To Kashmir

I am posting this on behalf of my friend. I shall pm you on this as well.

Hi Kashmir,
For those of us who are unable to keep themselves updated with every post in
this thread - can you please summarise what needs to be done. Here is what I
understand:
a) Fax to Anna Eshoo (Sample fax at
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=611809#post611809)
address info at http://www-eshoo.house.gov/communicate.html
b) Send USPS certified mail to CA state senators (Sample at
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=611295#post611295)
c) What about the state legislators. A search with zip code 94086 at
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html brings up the name of the state
legislators for this zipcode. What needs to be done with them

Also, it will be useful if there can be a separate thread for each
legislator summarising his / her responses and our efforts. It avoids having
to go through all the posts in the thread to get exact status.

Thanks

Re: To Kashmir

Hi, harac,
Thanks for your suggestion and questions,
and sorry for making you, your friend, and others confused.
I will summarize it later.

> a) Fax to Anna Eshoo (Sample fax at
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=611809#post611809)
address info at http://www-eshoo.house.gov/communicate.html

We may stop this FAX campaign because Alis Aguirre promised me to talk with Anna Eshoo on Wednesday, then to let us know.

> b) Send USPS certified mail to CA state senators (Sample at
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=611295#post611295)

This is the current, but every one doesn't need to use USPS Certified Mail because I had already sent hundreds of pages of document to both CA Senators.
I want you to send one page of letter by FAX or USPS mail.

> c) What about the state legislators. A search with zip code 94086 at
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html brings up the name of the state
legislators for this zipcode. What needs to be done with them

I encourage you to send the petition and your cover letter with your signature and residential address to your local Congressperson.
She/He will send you a letter as your representative.
Also, I recommend to visit the office and to talk to a staff.

> Also, it will be useful if there can be a separate thread for each
legislator summarising his / her responses and our efforts. It avoids having
to go through all the posts in the thread to get exact status.

If somebody wants to start new thread for the specific one, it would be welcome,
but I may not be a right person.
I'd rather encourage each one to do that.
I may be able to summarize all activities.
-kashmir

faxed to B. Boxer

My letter:

The Employment-Based Green Card (aka EB I-485) is vital to attract and retain highly qualified professionals from other countries. For businesses in Silicon Valley, it provides them access to extremely motivated, hard-working technical wizards. For the legal immigrant, it is an important milestone in achieving and enjoying the freedom and opportunity of the American society. The EB I-485 process currently suffers from long delays – frustrating the ambitions and expectations of thousands of future citizens.

I am one of the EB I-485 applicants suffering from the current processing delay at the California Service Center of the US Citizenship and Immigration Service, I am also a member of one of the largest legal worker's online immigrant community -- ImmigrationPortal.Com. You will soon receive our petition and the list of signatures from one of the members of our community in California.

Please take our petition into consideration. Specifically, I would urge you to request the Director of California Service Center to allocate (at least) fifteen adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 processing. This would serve to reduce the backlog (presently at two years).

We understand if the EB I-485 filing fees were increased in order to support a larger number of dedicated adjudicators.

I commend your continued support of hi-tech immigrants and for recognizing their contribution to Silicon Valley.

Best regards,

Faxed to Pete Stark (D CA 13th) to follow up

I have just faxed the following letter to Congressman Pete Stark's Washington DC office to confirm him to inform the response from the DHS.
-kashmir

October 27, 2003

Congressman Pete Stark
239 Cannon Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-5065
Fax: (202) 226-3805

Dear Congressman Pete Stark;

I am very pleased to have received your letter and to know that you have been following up our petition. We'd appreciate your having forwarded our petition and the list of signatures to the Acting Director, Office of Congressional Relations, Department of Homeland Security.

We are really looking forward to hearing the response from the DHS.

Sincerely,

(my signature)
(my name)
(my address)
I received a letter from Pete Stark (D CA 13th) today.
-kashmir

October 23, 2003

(my name)
(my address)

Dear Mr. (my last name);

Thank you for attending my recent Town Meeting in Fremont and expressing your concerns about the I-485 and N-400 application processing backlog.

I forwarded the information you presented at last Saturday's meeting to the Acting Director, Office of Congressional Relations, Department of Homeland Security. I asked that the ImmigrationPortal.Com concerns be reviewed and requested a review of the signature list. I do not expect to receive a response regarding each application. I requested a response related to the overall concerns expressed about the I-485 and N-400 application backlog.

I will inform my colleague, Congresswoman Eshoo of my efforts and I encourage you to continue to work with her staff regarding the status of your employment-based application.

I will be back in touch with you when I receive the response to the letter I sent to the Department of Homeland Security.

Sincerely,

(Pete Stark's signature)
Pete Stark
United States Congressman

Re: faxed to B. Boxer

Hi, waitn2long,
Thanks for having faxed to Barbara Boxer,
and also for your posting your letter that is better than mine.
-kashmir
Originally posted by waitn2long
My letter:

interesting links

What Does It Take To Be An Indo-American Lobbyist

Immigration for nurses

I was listening to Molly Ivins interview the other day on NPR
and she was saying that professional lobbyists write letters
pretending to be outraged grandmothers (hand-writing letters
with a shaky hand for example) to congressmen.

Petitions that speak to what the Senator/Congressman
worries about, individualized to your situation are slightly
better than a form petition.

This is like me sending out hundreds of resumes and not getting
a single response :)