Project "Ocean" : Become a U.S. Citizen by 2008 Election !!

Mr. Tim Haugh, Acting Director of Congressional Relations

According to Tim Haugh's Biography Page,
he is the Director of the Office of Congressional Affairs for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) within the Department of Homeland Security.
I wonder if he is in the best position to address the concerns you have raised.
I have to discuss it with Julia Lee.
-kashmir
Originally posted by kashmir
I received a letter from Barbara Boxer today.
-kashmir

November 13, 2003

Mr. (my name)
(my address)

Dear Mr. (my last name);

I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence reporting difficulties with the California Service Center of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

I appreciate hearing from you on this issue. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your correspondence to USCIS for review and consideration. Mr. Tim Haugh, Acting Director of Congressional Relations, is in the best position to address the concerns you have raised. I have asked USCIS to contact you directly.

Please feel free to contact Julia Lee at my Washington, D.C. office in the future if you feel that we may be of assistance.

Sincerely,
(Barbara Boxer's signature)
Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

BB:jl

I-485 within one year !?

1) immigration.com
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104580
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/cscupd111803.html

CSC Updates – 11/18/03

Division I (I-131, I-140, I-485, I-526, I-529)

Processing times for I-485’s

The center is focusing to bring the processing times to within one year for the I-485’s in the next 6 months.

Copyright ©1993-2003 Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna. All rights reserved.

2) masudafunai.com
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104733
http://www.masudafunai.com/english/.../up11-17-03.asp

Updates for Week of November 17, 2003

USCIS SERVICE CENTERS PROVIDE UPDATES

California Service Center

2. The CSC stated that it expects to bring the Form I-485 Application to Adjust Status to within one year. The CSC stated that additional resources have been dedicated to this initiative.

Copyright ©2002 Masuda Funai Eifert & Mitchel
We should get these CSC's statements through Congressional offices.
Let's send your letter to ask Senators or Congressperson to urge Don Neufeld, Director of CSC, to allocate resources dedicated to EB I-485.
-kashmir

Nancy Pelosi

Hi, I'm new here and in the mood to write to people about the long delays in I485 processing at the CSC. Does anyone know who the person in Nancy Pelosi's office is that is responsible for immigration issues?

Thanks for any information, and thanks for keeping the attention on the CSC processing times.

Re: Nancy Pelosi

Originally posted by becky
Hi, I'm new here and in the mood to write to people about the long delays in I485 processing at the CSC. Does anyone know who the person in Nancy Pelosi's office is that is responsible for immigration issues?

Thanks for any information, and thanks for keeping the attention on the CSC processing times.
Hi, becky,
You can write directly to Congreswoman Nancy Pelosi and fax it to Washington D.C. office.
Then, maybe on next day, you had better call to Washington D.C. office.
Please read my previous message above for the detail.

Also I recommend to visit her San Fransico office to hand your letter and the petition to the staff.
-kashmir

Congreswoman Nancy Pelosi
2371 Rayburn HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515-0508
Phone: (202) 225-4965
Fax: (202) 225-8259

Mike Honda (D CA 14th) to Director of CSC

Mike Honda (D CA 14th) wll write to Don Neufeld, Director of CSC.
-kashmir

(originally posted at subproject thread)

Originally posted by kuldeepc
sent fax (cover letter + petition) to three democrats from CA on the immigration subsommittee.
I am requesting a meeting/conf call with the congresswoman/congessman to highlight our situation.
Hi, kuldeepc,
I had a phone call from Ms. Bernardette Arellano at MIke Honda's office (maybe in Campbell ? it was 408-...) ten minutes ago.
She told me that Mike Honda would forward our request to Don Neufeld, Director of CSC.
I asked her to send me a copy of Congressman's letter.
-kashmir

thanks

Thanks for the information Kashmir. I've heard the same news as everyone else recently, that CSC wants to speed up 485 processing times... but there's a lot of skepticism about whether they can do it. I think you're right, the only way is to keep pressuring congress to keep taking actions.

I could not download your attachment, it was null. Is there a form letter that you have congressmen send to Don Neufield? I've got the petition that people are sending to their congressmen, but I really like the idea of actually making them interact with the head of the CSC!

becky

Re: thanks

Please go to karma_yoga's thread - Action required” info of Project Ocean.
You can find our petition (8 pages) and sample letters.
-kashmir
Thanks for the information Kashmir. I've heard the same news as everyone else recently, that CSC wants to speed up 485 processing times... but there's a lot of skepticism about whether they can do it. I think you're right, the only way is to keep pressuring congress to keep taking actions.

I could not download your attachment, it was null. Is there a form letter that you have congressmen send to Don Neufield? I've got the petition that people are sending to their congressmen, but I really like the idea of actually making them interact with the head of the CSC!

becky

Get Don Neufeld's (Director of CSC) commitment !!

As you know from a couple of sources,
a representative from CSC told at the AILA liaison meeting that additional personnels had been allocated to reduce the processing times for I-485s to within one year in the next six months.
1) immigration.com

CSC Updates – 11/18/03

Division I (I-131, I-140, I-485, I-526, I-529)

Processing times for I-485’s

The center is focusing to bring the processing times to within one year for the I-485’s in the next 6 months.

Copyright ©1993-2003 Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna. All rights reserved.

2) masudafunai.com

Updates for Week of November 17, 2003

USCIS SERVICE CENTERS PROVIDE UPDATES

California Service Center

2. The CSC stated that it expects to bring the Form I-485 Application to Adjust Status to within one year. The CSC stated that additional resources have been dedicated to this initiative.

Copyright ©2002 Masuda Funai Eifert & Mitchel

3. murthy.com

CSC Updates I-485 Issues : November 2003

Processing Time Reductions

The CSC predicts that, over the next six months, they will reduce the processing times for I-485s to within one year. They have allocated additional personnel to this task.

© The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C.
However, we don't want such a prediction or an expectation from CSC, but we need a commitment from Don Neufeld, Director of CSC through several Congressional offices.
Anna Eshoo (D CA 14th) and Mike Honda (D CA 15th) have written to Don Neufeld.
Now, I am working with Senators' offices, Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein.
Let's accellerate Project Ocean until we get Don Neufeld's commitment through several Congressional offices.
-kashmir

Re: Get Don Neufeld's (Director of CSC) commitment !!

Originally posted by kashmir
As you know from a couple of sources,
a representative from CSC told at the AILA liaison meeting that additional personnels had been allocated to reduce the processing times for I-485s to within one year in the next six months.

http://www.lewslaw.com/US_Immigration_Updates.htm#09162003a

CSC Liaison Meeting Summary For August 27, 2003 (09-16-2003)

It is also expected that in October the adjudication of Employment Authorization Applications (I-765) and Advance Parole Applications (I-131) filed concurrently with I-140/I-485s will be faster, so that eventually these applications will be adjudicated within 45 days.. "

It's almost December, but I-131 still takes more than 5 months, I-765 still takes more than 3 months.

Re: Re: Get Don Neufeld's (Director of CSC) commitment !!

Hi, Tasse,
It is also expected that in October the adjudication of Employment Authorization Applications (I-765) and Advance Parole Applications (I-131) filed concurrently with I-140/I-485s will be faster, so that eventually these applications will be adjudicated within 45 days...
It's almost December, but I-131 still takes more than 5 months, I-765 still takes more than 3 months.
Exactly !!
This is why we don't want such a prediction or an expectation from CSC but we need a commitment from Don Neufeld, Director of CSC through several Congressional offices.
Let's join the campaign to get Don Neufeld's written commitment.
-kashmir

Yeah what CSC said about processing dates were true, I would have been approved a year or so ago! So best thing to do is keep plugging away at them, until they know we are going to bug them, Congressmen and Senators till someone gives us approvals just to keep us quite!

An interesting thing that we should point out to Congressmen in our next meeting/fax/email is just this! CSC issues statements like "There is NO FREEZE, I REPEAT NO FREEZE!" And then the JIT does not move for 2 years. Then comes "EAD AND AP WILL be approved within 45 DAYS", we are all aware of what happened to that. Now they come up with "WITHIN 6 MONTHS BACKLOGS will be down to 1 year!" Yeah like my father-in-law is helping Don with the processing!

Keep sending the faxes folks! That is the only way to make things happen. Don't believe one word INS says unless you have your approval notice in hand and a stamp in the passport!

Having impact!

Hi,

I went to deliver the petition to Barbara Boxer's office in San Francisco. I was told that they were aware of immigrationportal's petition and they took my copy. I think this is a good sign. It means we're being recognised.

thanks for all the hard work!

Re: Having impact!

Hi,
I went to deliver the petition to Barbara Boxer's office in San Francisco. I was told that they were aware of immigrationportal's petition and they took my copy. I think this is a good sign. It means we're being recognised.
thanks for all the hard work!
Hi, becky,
It's great your visiting Senator Barbara Boxer's San Francisco office (alone?).
Also, thanks for your reporting and I think it encourages many people.
I recommend to visit the district office of Congressperson (or Senator).

Barbara Boxer receives all faxes at San Francisco office.
This is one of reasons of their being aware of ImmigrationPortal.Com petition.
Yes, it is a very good sign, anyawy.

After faxing to Julia Lee at Washington D.C. office on last Friday, I have been trying to talk directly to her, but it has not succeeded.
-kashmir

Senators Offices

Hi,

In addition to going to Barbara Boxer's office, I also went to Dianne Feinstein's. They both have their casework offices in San Francisco which was convenient. I dropped off our petition at both places.

I wanted to let you all know that in both places the phone was ringing off the hook the entire time I was there turning in petitions. I think it's a reminder that both Senators represent a huge amount of people... so perhaps it's easier to get direct action from the Representatives. We should keep trying with the Senators, but having seen their offices I can tell you that they're both exceptionally busy!