Project "Ocean" : Become a U.S. Citizen by 2008 Election !!

"DISCRIMINATION" Campaign

Our current main focus is Congressional offices, but also we are targetting a lawsuit in near future.
I'd like to start new campaign
because I have come to think that the current precessing delay targetting only EB I-485 cases must be the discrimination by the U.S. Gevernment against EB I-485 applicants.

The official execuse is always Security Check(s), but I don't think so.
Even if bad economy is real reason of processing delay,
it is significanly unfair to us and it must be illegal.

I have been gathering the data to prove the discrimination by the USCIS, especially based on the USCIS official statistical reports.

If "DISCRIMINATION" Campaign would succeed,
it would help the lawsuit, too.

Please post your idea or comment.
-kashmir

Kashmir
Have you discussed your scan data with Senators/Congressman/woman and compare with BCIS false claims. I know they know whats going on but do they know that we know whats going on?

Originally posted by Dadagiri
Kashmir
Have you discussed your scan data with Senators/Congressman/woman and compare with BCIS false claims. I know they know whats going on but do they know that we know whats going on?

I don't think it is appropriate to discuss scan data with Senators/Congressman/woman. This is just my opinion. Let's see what Kashmir and others think about this.

Kashmir
No, I haven't.
I think we might show them the data based on scan,
but that it is difficult to prove reliability of the data.

If we can prove the discrimination based on USCIS official data, it would be better.

Now, I am struggling with OpenOffice to manipulate ND022202's data originally from USCIS Monthly Statistical Reports.

I think the series of JIT reports could be another source.
-kashmir

Originally posted by Edison
I don't think it is appropriate to discuss scan data with Senators/Congressman/woman. This is just my opinion. Let's see what Kashmir and others think about this.

kashmir, Edison and Friends,

I like kashmir's "discrimination" angle. If we can get sufficient data, that will certainly give us a edge. We still have to find out individual “requirements” from Rajiv for the people, who wants to be on the law suite papers.

We might not want to discuss scan data, but some graphs, charts will be much better to work with congresspersons. I think, the higher one moves up the food chain, graphs and charts becomes more appealing.

Karma_yoga
Just my opinion….

In April 2003 Office of Inspector Generals review, OIG requested USCIS for plan on reduction of backlogs. However USCIS has failed to publish this plan. Can we directly appeal to OIG?

Originally posted by karma_yoga
kashmir, Edison and Friends,

I like kashmir's "discrimination" angle. If we can get sufficient data, that will certainly give us a edge. We still have to find out individual “requirements” from Rajiv for the people, who wants to be on the law suite papers.

We might not want to discuss scan data, but some graphs, charts will be much better to work with congresspersons. I think, the higher one moves up the food chain, graphs and charts becomes more appealing.

Karma_yoga
Just my opinion….

Rajiv has one team member working on to find the basis for law suit.

In April 2003 Office of Inspector Generals review, OIG requested USCIS for plan on reduction of backlogs. However USCIS has failed to publish this plan. Can we directly appeal to OIG?
HI, Dadagiri,
Can you post the detail or URL of source ?
I think we should.

Per AC21, USCIS is obligated to submit backlog reduction plan to US congress but they never submitted.

i will join nov 22 meeting

Karma-yoga, kashmir,
I live in fremont very near to mowry, i am interested to join you guys for nov 22 town hall meeting with senetor pete. please let me know what should I bring and how do you I meet you.I will bring my wife because she is primary and waiting since dec 2001 for her 485 approval. we sent couple of faxes to boxer as well as diane finestaine but nothing happed to our case so far.

thanks
vasu
wac020665xxxxxx

Re: i will join nov 22 meeting

Originally posted by pathapati
Karma-yoga, kashmir,
I live in fremont very near to mowry, i am interested to join you guys for nov 22 town hall meeting with senetor pete. please let me know what should I bring and how do you I meet you.I will bring my wife because she is primary and waiting since dec 2001 for her 485 approval. we sent couple of faxes to boxer as well as diane finestaine but nothing happed to our case so far.
thanks
vasu
wac020665xxxxxx
Hi, pathapati,
You are welcome to join us.
For the detail and your individual case, I will post later.

Also, kash777 from VSC forum will join us.
Originally posted by kash777
Re: kashmir,karma_yoga
Yes absolutly, I will be there on sat 15th at Town hall meeting Newark. I had also discussed about our petition with candice.Let us keep in touch each other till then.

Repeast request for Data/Graphs

folks... appreciate the good work being done here -- if at some point, a single graph (or raw data) showing number of EB I485s received at CSC Vs. time (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 to date), it would be very helpful in my meetings with the three senators I have been communicating with...

The data does not have to have identified sources - as long as it is within 10% of the real data, it will be very helpful.

thanks

wac-ed
02-223-xxxxx

Kashmir,

I would like to attend the town hall as well, (I think I mentioned that in a previous thread), but haven't been able to find any posts from you with regards to timings.

I (or you) could start a new thread, just to state time/place of town hall meetings, and people who are interested could come. I think if more of us put up a show we will make a higher impact since obviously more people are being affected and this will prove the point. Not to mention the diversity it brings.

Thanks!

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
Kashmir,
I would like to attend the town hall as well, (I think I mentioned that in a previous thread), but haven't been able to find any posts from you with regards to timings.
I (or you) could start a new thread, just to state time/place of town hall meetings, and people who are interested could come. I think if more of us put up a show we will make a higher impact since obviously more people are being affected and this will prove the point. Not to mention the diversity it brings.
Thanks!
The next one is Pete Stark's Town Meeting being held in Newark on 11/22/2003.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103382&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2003
NEWARK
9:00am - 10:00am
Silliman Activity Center
Community Meeting Room
6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA

The current list of attendees is:
  • karma_yoga
  • kash777 (VSC)
  • pathapati
  • pathapati's wife
  • kashmir (CA 14th)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by kashmir
The next one is Pete Stark's Town Meeting being held in Newark on 11/22/2003.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103382&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2003
NEWARK
9:00am - 10:00am
Silliman Activity Center
Community Meeting Room
6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA

The current list of attendees is:
  • karma_yoga
  • kash777 (VSC)
  • pathapati
  • pathapati's wife
  • kashmir (CA 14th)

and 140_takes_forever.

I will visit the venue today and find out nearest place for us to get together. We will have a introduction to each other may be for 5-10 minutes before the meeting and then walk in.
I will bring a letter of request for personal appointment with congressman. May be signatures from group will help us to get that appointment.

good enthu guys. keep it going.

Karma_yoga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, 140_takes_4ever,
Thanks for your starting the thread for Congressperson's Town Hall Meetings.

Re: Repeast request for Data/Graphs

Originally posted by wac-ed in CA
folks... appreciate the good work being done here -- if at some point, a single graph (or raw data) showing number of EB I485s received at CSC Vs. time (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 to date), it would be very helpful in my meetings with the three senators I have been communicating with...
The data does not have to have identified sources - as long as it is within 10% of the real data, it will be very helpful.
thanks
wac-ed
02-223-xxxxx
Hi, wac-ed in CA,
I don't think we have the data you want.

Project Kashmir shows:
1) 36,359 I-485 filed in FY2002
2) 15,190 I-485 filed in August and September, 2001 (last 2 months in FY2001)
3) some WAC-03 series scanned, and almost the same as WAC-02

ND022202's graph may give you some idea
although it includes not only EB I485.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=625615#post623234

At last, the table at page 7 of Yearbook 2002 has the number of EB Immigrants of each year.

By the way, are you contacting Congressional offices alone ?
Who is your representative ?

Kashmir, karma_yoga,

Just wanted a quick status check (summary of current events):

Town Hall meeting

I think we are seeing a terrific response on the town hall meeting this time. At last count there were atleast 10 people who RSVP'ed! Which is great for our cause. The more faces that show up, the better it is.

Fax Campaign
I think we need to move the Fax Campaign up a notch. It should be more easily do-able for most people on the forum as compared to attending the town hall so we need a higher response percentage. I think a new clear thread is warranted, lean with only the basic details and postings on people who faxed their representative.

Meeting with Senators/Congressmen
Not up to speed on that one, Kashmir could you update that bit?

Hi, 140_takes_4ever,
Thanks for your summarizing our activities.
As my activities have not been well organized, your summary and your threads are very helpful for all people in the forum.
Kashmir, karma_yoga,
Just wanted a quick status check (summary of current events):
Town Hall meeting
I think we are seeing a terrific response on the town hall meeting this time. At last count there were atleast 10 people who RSVP'ed! Which is great for our cause. The more faces that show up, the better it is.
It's really great !!
Fax Campaign
I think we need to move the Fax Campaign up a notch. It should be more easily do-able for most people on the forum as compared to attending the town hall so we need a higher response percentage. I think a new clear thread is warranted, lean with only the basic details and postings on people who faxed their representative.
I agree and you are the right person to creat new thread to organize our fax campaign(s).
Or we may be able to use karma_yoga's thread.
Meeting with Senators/Congressmen
Not up to speed on that one, Kashmir could you update that bit?
Now, we are requesting a meeting to several Congresspersons.
  • D CA 13th - Pete Stark - karma_yoga
  • D CA 14th - Anna Eshoo - kashmir
  • D CA 15th - Mike Honda - kuldeepc
  • D CA 16th - Zoe Lofgren - rk4gc
Once one of the meeting being decided, we should work together like the town hall meeting.
-kashmir