Processing time for green card based on asylum

I was just searching that, could you provide the right category, my assumption it would be C9, correct ?
Apparently not. That's the category my attorney used - c9. This is from the I-765's instructions:
"NOTE: If you are an asylee or refugee and have applied to adjust to lawful permanent resident status on Form I-485, file Form I-765 under category (a)(5) as an asylee or (a)(3) as a refugee. Do not file under eligibility category (c)(9)."

My attorney has over 30 years experience, and his specialty is asylees/refugees. I simply do not see him making this mistake. I'm wondering if this is yet another one of those things that USCIS has quietly changed in order to delay work permits.

Apparently not. That's the category my attorney used - c9. This is from the I-765's instructions:
"NOTE: If you are an asylee or refugee and have applied to adjust to lawful permanent resident status on Form I-485, file Form I-765 under category (a)(5) as an asylee or (a)(3) as a refugee. Do not file under eligibility category (c)(9)."

My attorney has over 30 years experience, and his specialty is asylees/refugees. I simply do not see him making this mistake. I'm wondering if this is yet another one of those things that USCIS has quietly changed in order to delay work permits.
furthermore, "You will need to pay the filing fee or obtain a fee waiver for Form I-765 if your Form I-485 is still pending with USCIS and this is not your first EAD as a refugee or asylee and you did not pay the Form I-485 filing fee for any reason", it seems that we need to pay separately for that." it's confusing actually".

furthermore, "You will need to pay the filing fee or obtain a fee waiver for Form I-765 if your Form I-485 is still pending with USCIS and this is not your first EAD as a refugee or asylee and you did not pay the Form I-485 filing fee for any reason", it seems that we need to pay separately for that." it's confusing actually".
I read that next part as an aggregate, meaning all clauses between "ands" must be true to meet the fee criteria. So your I-485 must be pending AND this is not your first EAD AND you didn't pay the fee for the I-485. Since I did pay the fee for the I-485, therefore I do not have to pay a fee for the I-765. But yeah, who knows, maybe I'm reading it wrong. I keep going over the application and don't see anything else off. I'll know for sure once I receive the denial letter and will update.

you are probably right, otherwise they would have denied your I-765 from the beginning if it was related to payment issue. i would say it's only category issue.

Hello everyone
I’m filing for green card through asylum!
I’m applying for it myself because I can’t afford an attorney, so please if anyone filed it and familiar with the process help me out !!
There’s a question about I 94 admission number with expiration date and status on it! The question number is 23.a - C
Should I fill my I 94 before asylum or the I 94 when I was granted the asylum
Thank you

Hello everyone
I’m applying for it myself because I can’t afford an attorney, so please if anyone filed it and familiar with the process help me out !!
There’s a question about I 94 admission number with expiration date and status on it! The question number is 23.a - C
Thank you
My attorney left a/b empty. And on "c" he typed "None Issued." I'm guessing that's because you only put something there if you were issued an I-94 last time you entered into the country. In my case, I wasn't issued an I-94 because my last entry was with a Refugee Travel Document. It could be different in your case though. Maybe someone else can clarify.

My attorney left a/b empty. And on "c" he typed "None Issued." I'm guessing that's because you only put something there if you were issued an I-94 last time you entered into the country. In my case, I wasn't issued an I-94 because my last entry was with a Refugee Travel Document. It could be different in your case though. Maybe someone else can clarify.
I came here with a visitor visa and I can find another I 94 related to my entry on the website that’s why I’m confused!!
They issued you an I 94 after granted asylum right ?

I came here with a visitor visa and I can find another I 94 related to my entry on the website that’s why I’m confused!!
They issued you an I 94 after granted asylum right ?
i'm filing mine within three weeks and i'm filing it my self ( i feel that i can do it, that's me maybe some other cases require an attorney consultation ). i was admitted to the US as a Visitor and i'm going to put the I-94 number that was issued when i was admitted to the US, not the new one that came along with the Asylum approval. (again that's the way i'm going to apply, i'm not a lawyer and this is the way i understood the questions)

Hi did anyone filed at the Texas service center and got their green cards? whats you timeline. I filed in end of Dec 18 and its still pending
I read in a different forum from people who applied I-485 at Texas that many of November/December 2018 filler are getting their approval this month .I think you could randomly check people just before and after you , usually you get approval around the same time .

Hello everyone
Thank you
I faced the same issue when I was applying so I called USCIS to know what should I do. According to them, you should answer that question with you asylum i-94, however, you should submit a copy of your i-94 before asylum and your i-94 based on asylum. I hope that answered your question!

I read that next part as an aggregate, meaning all clauses between "ands" must be true to meet the fee criteria. So your I-485 must be pending AND this is not your first EAD AND you didn't pay the fee for the I-485. Since I did pay the fee for the I-485, therefore I do not have to pay a fee for the I-765. But yeah, who knows, maybe I'm reading it wrong. I keep going over the application and don't see anything else off. I'll know for sure once I receive the denial letter and will update.
Wonder if you already got the response from USCIS?

My experience was 6-7 years ago but here it goes. Every asylee is given a paper I-94. If you get granted by the asylum office, they will give it to you when you pick up your approval or mail it to you. If you get granted by the IJ, USCIS local office is supposed to give you one. In my case, I did not have a passport, so USCIS local office gave me a hard time and told me that they cannot issue I-94s without a passport. Then I got a Refugee travel document and had a planned trip to Mexico, so my lawyer told me that CBP will issue you the I-94 on return. However, when I came back, the guy merely scanned my RTD, gave it back to me and said "have a nice day". I asked him about the I-94 and he told me that I didn't need one. Not wanting to argue, I just left. I checked the electronic I-94 website and didn't find one there either. I emailed my lawyer and he told me that I need to go to the CBP deferred entry office and ask them for the I-94 since I would need that for I-485. So, I went to the office and talked to the guy there. He wasn't sure, so he made a couple of calls and then asked me to wait. In 10 mins, he came back with a backdated I-94 (nun-pro tunc) for my entry back from Mexico. I used this I-94 number for my adjustment application. I have read on the forums that while traveling on RTD only (without GC), people get a soft-secondary inspection where they get an asylee I-94. I traveled twice on RTD before getting my GC and never got any secondary.

Wonder if you already got the response from USCIS?
I did. Hadn't had a chance to reply. Letter has a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo. Short version is I filed under (c)(9), but I should have filed under (c)(5). I haven't heard from my attorney yet. One interesting thing I noticed is that the letter is dated June 4th, the same day I received it. o_O So now they're post-dating their letters...????

03/30/20 - I-485 package mailed.
04/03/20 - USCIS charged Credit Card for $1,225.
04/10/20 - Received 797s for I-485, I-765, & I-131.
04/10/20 - I-765 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/17/20 - I-485 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/23/20 - Received letter indicating fp were applied to both I-485 & I-765 and therefore a biometrics appointment wasn't necessary.
05/22/20 - I-693 Medical Exam was delivered to USCIS Nebraska without RFE.
06/02/20 - Received text/email notification I-765 has been denied.
06/04/20 - Received letter from USCIS denying I-765.

04/10/20 - I-765 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/17/20 - I-485 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/23/20 - Received letter indicating fp were applied to both I-485 & I-765 and therefore a biometrics appointment wasn't necessary.

Going over the package, I think the attorney filed the I-765 under the wrong category <facepalm>

Hi, I realized that you applied for a new EAD alongside your GC. When is your current EAD expiring? I am also planning to apply for GC and EAD at the same time, but my concern is that my EAD application may be refused since it will still be valid for about 10 months by the time I apply for GC.

Thanks.

Hi, I realized that you applied for a new EAD alongside your GC. When is your current EAD expiring? I am also planning to apply for GC and EAD at the same time, but my concern is that my EAD application may be refused since it will still be valid for about 10 months by the time I apply for GC.

Thanks.

you don't need an EAD if you have asylum

You need it to renew your driver license ( thats based on my own experience in Boston Mass ). Most employers verify the Asylum approval letter but unfortunately RMV's don't.

I got my driver's license in Massachusetts as well and aren't you supposed to get your license for 5 years anyway?

I got my driver's license in Massachusetts as well and aren't you supposed to get your license for 5 years anyway?
when i got my first driver license in 2015 it was for 5 years but when i renewed it earlier this year based on the Asylum approval, they only verified my EAD card which was valid only for a year and half at that time so they issued me a driver license valid for only one year, i tried to talk to the supervisor but she explained that their system doesn't recoginze the approval letter. When the last tike you renewed your license?

I did. Hadn't had a chance to reply. Letter has a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo. Short version is I filed under (c)(9), but I should have filed under (c)(5). I haven't heard from my attorney yet. One interesting thing I noticed is that the letter is dated June 4th, the same day I received it. o_O So now they're post-dating their letters...????

06/04/20 - Received letter from USCIS denying I-765.
The question here, how USCIS would differentiate between a regular a5 renewal and a5 renewal with a pending i-485 ?

The question here, how USCIS would differentiate between a regular a5 renewal and a5 renewal with a pending i-485 ?
(a5) EAD is for "granted asylum" category.
There is another category for "pending I-485" applicants. You should check the right box on the application form.