Processing time for green card based on asylum

One can apply for Citizenship after 5 years of GC approval. Is that right? So, this 5 years start from the date of Asylum approval?
May I explain it to you,
Let's suppose that you get your approval for Asylum on January 1, 2020. Then you will be eligible for Adjustment of status (I-485) on January 1, 2021.
Based on USCIS, green card for asylee takes minimum 7-8 month, so you will get your green card on August 1, 2021; but USCIS will bak date your green card 1 year, because it's based on 1 year Asylum. So, the green card date will be August 1, 2020. In other words, you will receive it on August 1, 2021; but dated August 1, 2020.
Finally, you will apply for N-400, US citizenship, on August 1 2025.
Note that you are allowed to submit the N-400 application 3 months earlier than your 5 years eligibility date, so you can apply May 1, 2025.

My co-worker applied for i-485 in Dec 2018 and got the GC in March 2019. Asylum based.
Now it’s different,
I attached the historical processing times for the past 5 years according to USCIS website. The processing times are doubled compared to 5 years ago 5BCBCA7D-434F-4AA9-9AF6-765C83B64328.jpeg

May I explain it to you,
Let's suppose that you get your approval for Asylum on January 1, 2020. Then you will be eligible for Adjustment of status (I-485) on January 1, 2021.
Based on USCIS, green card for asylee takes minimum 7-8 month, so you will get your green card on August 1, 2021; but USCIS will bak date your green card 1 year, because it's based on 1 year Asylum. So, the green card date will be August 1, 2020. In other words, you will receive it on August 1, 2021; but dated August 1, 2020.
Finally, you will apply for N-400, US citizenship, on August 1 2025.
Note that you are allowed to submit the N-400 application 3 months earlier than your 5 years eligibility date, so you can apply May 1, 2025.

Great!
Thanks for detailed reply. You're awesome !!

Asylee Applied with Texas service center
I 485 application received Jan 19
Jan 19 'finger prints relating to case applied'
Feb 2020 biometrics noticed sent and done
June 2020 RFE noticed sent ( I did not send my medical form with my I 485)
July 12th medical form received
July 31 ' new card is being produced'

This is more of a standard timeline. 6 Months seems to be the minimum for most people. Congratulations!! =D

Hey, what day did you sent out your medical? I’ve sent mine today. Just curious about how long it takes.

Hey, what day did you sent out your medical? I’ve sent mine today. Just curious about how long it takes.
I think it took 5 days because I sent it as certified mail. when I tracked it it showed that it delivered on July 6th but my case was not updated. so called them on July 12 to inquire it they received it cus my case was still not updated. she told me that if my tracking says that it was delivered they must have received it. by the end of the day my case was updated to show that RFE was received .

I need some advice from you all. I was granted asylum last August and I am planning to submit my I-485 application in the next few weeks. My EAD expires in July 2021. Since I do not have intentions to go through an attorney, I would like to ask you a few questions for clarification.

1. When I file my i485 would it be wise for me to apply for my EAD (I-765) together with I485 even though there is around 10 months left for expiration? Would there be any grounds for denial of such an EAD application?

2. Based on new fee hikes announced today, will it be even wise for me to apply for an Advance Parole as well together with my I485 application so that I would avoid the October fee hike?

3. Assuming the answer is YES above, if I apply for I485, AP and EAD together, should I put all these three forms into one packet and send it as ONE MAIL or should I mail each of these forms separately to different addresses with the relevant supporting documents?

Please kindly advice me. I highly appreciate your opinion.

Further, with regard to I 485 requirement to prove continuous physical presence in USA, I do not have a utility bill under my name. However, I have a lease that begins from October 2019 and not August 2019 (my asylum grant month). Also my paystub only begins from December 2019 which is 3 months after asylum grant.

Only document I can think of having continuosly for last one year is bank statements. Should I use this to I was resident in this country. What would be the ideal document for me to prove my physical presence? Please advice me? grocery receipts, but which exact month for this is needed. I am confused about this requirement. Pls advise.

I need some advice from you all. I was granted asylum last August and I am planning to submit my I-485 application in the next few weeks. My EAD expires in July 2021. Since I do not have intentions to go through an attorney, I would like to ask you a few questions for clarification.

1. When I file my i485 would it be wise for me to apply for my EAD (I-765) together with I485 even though there is around 10 months left for expiration? Would there be any grounds for denial of such an EAD application?

2. Based on new fee hikes announced today, will it be even wise for me to apply for an Advance Parole as well together with my I485 application so that I would avoid the October fee hike?

3. Assuming the answer is YES above, if I apply for I485, AP and EAD together, should I put all these three forms into one packet and send it as ONE MAIL or should I mail each of these forms separately to different addresses with the relevant supporting documents?

Please kindly advice me. I highly appreciate your opinion.
I stand be corrected but EAD and RTD is free when you hav a pending I 485. my advice is file your I 485 and when it is the appropriate time to renew your EAD you can file for free by adding a copy of your I 485 receipt notice to show that you have a pending case

I think it took 5 days because I sent it as certified mail. when I tracked it it showed that it delivered on July 6th but my case was not updated. so called them on July 12 to inquire it they received it cus my case was still not updated. she told me that if my tracking says that it was delivered they must have received it. by the end of the day my case was updated to show that RFE was received .
Did your status changed from RFE received to card was dispatched or was there any approved status too in between? Just curious.
Btw. Congratulations!!