Processing time for green card based on asylum

Hi, I realized that you applied for a new EAD alongside your GC. When is your current EAD expiring? I am also planning to apply for GC and EAD at the same time, but my concern is that my EAD application may be refused since it will still be valid for about 10 months by the time I apply for GC.

Thanks.
My current EAD doesn't expire until February 2021. You can apply for EAD at the same time you apply for I-485, it's always a good idea to do it even if you still have months left on the current one. While it is true that it's not necessary for show work authorization it's a good document to have handy for many reasons.

The question here, how USCIS would differentiate between a regular a5 renewal and a5 renewal with a pending i-485 ?

Well, "technically" speaking, I think the idea here is that my new EAD would have been under the AOS category, no longer as an asylee, but as an alien seeking to adjust status. However, it seems like they've changed this. My attorney got back to me and confirmed this is yet another one of the things USCIS has quietly changed just to delay applications. Even when adjusting status, asylees/refugees are applying for an EAD as such.

Well, "technically" speaking, I think the idea here is that my new EAD would have been under the AOS category, no longer as an asylee, but as an alien seeking to adjust status. However, it seems like they've changed this. My attorney got back to me and confirmed this is yet another one of the things USCIS has quietly changed just to delay applications. Even when adjusting status, asylees/refugees are applying for an EAD as such.
Did you guys here about USCIS internal memo instructing their employees to put a hold all green card applications ?

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/06/12/administration-puts-hold-on-green-card-requests-from-us/

Is that true ?

Hi,
I applied for adjustment of status in May 16th and I sent it without medical exam because all my appointments with civil surgeon were cancelled because of COVID-19. They aceppted my application and my lawyer told me that they might ask for that afterwords. Anyone with similar expirience, can that cause delay in my case? My case is in Nebraska Service Center

Hi,
I applied for adjustment of status in May 16th and I sent it without medical exam because all my appointments with civil surgeon were cancelled because of COVID-19. They aceppted my application and my lawyer told me that they might ask for that afterwords. Anyone with similar expirience, can that cause delay in my case? My case is in Nebraska Service Center
My I-485 is pending and I was in a similar situation as you. You have 2 options.

#1. Wait for an RFE from USCIS. When you get it, go get the Exam done, and then send in the form with the RFE barcode. The delay here is that you have to wait for the RFE, wait the 1-2 months to be able to get the exam done, then send it back, then wait for the officer to be able to review your case again.

#2. You can always send in the results to the Nebraska Service Center without waiting for the RFE. Include your I-485 receipt and as much information about your case, so they can match the I-693 form with your file. This is a bit risky because there's no guarantee they'll actually route the results to the right file/officer.

I went with #2 because of a number of reasons and poor timing from the clinic. We had no choice, but my attorney wanted to wait for the RFE. The results were delivered, but I have no idea whether they actually made it to my file or not. I'll have to wait until an officer gets to my case to find out. So #1 will cause a bit of a delay, but it's safer. #2 will not cause a delay. But if the results get lost, you're still going to have to wait for the RFE, you'll have to repeat them, and pay for the exam again.

My I-485 is pending and I was in a similar situation as you. You have 2 options.

#1. Wait for an RFE from USCIS. When you get it, go get the Exam done, and then send in the form with the RFE barcode. The delay here is that you have to wait for the RFE, wait the 1-2 months to be able to get the exam done, then send it back, then wait for the officer to be able to review your case again.

#2. You can always send in the results to the Nebraska Service Center without waiting for the RFE. Include your I-485 receipt and as much information about your case, so they can match the I-693 form with your file. This is a bit risky because there's no guarantee they'll actually route the results to the right file/officer.

I went with #2 because of a number of reasons and poor timing from the clinic. We had no choice, but my attorney wanted to wait for the RFE. The results were delivered, but I have no idea whether they actually made it to my file or not. I'll have to wait until an officer gets to my case to find out. So #1 will cause a bit of a delay, but it's safer. #2 will not cause a delay. But if the results get lost, you're still going to have to wait for the RFE, you'll have to repeat them, and pay for the exam again.
Thank you so much!

I did. Hadn't had a chance to reply. Letter has a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo. Short version is I filed under (c)(9), but I should have filed under (c)(5). I haven't heard from my attorney yet. One interesting thing I noticed is that the letter is dated June 4th, the same day I received it. o_O So now they're post-dating their letters...????

03/30/20 - I-485 package mailed.
04/03/20 - USCIS charged Credit Card for $1,225.
04/10/20 - Received 797s for I-485, I-765, & I-131.
04/10/20 - I-765 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/17/20 - I-485 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/23/20 - Received letter indicating fp were applied to both I-485 & I-765 and therefore a biometrics appointment wasn't necessary.
05/22/20 - I-693 Medical Exam was delivered to USCIS Nebraska without RFE.
06/02/20 - Received text/email notification I-765 has been denied.
06/04/20 - Received letter from USCIS denying I-765.
Is your receipt notice dated the same day they withdrew the money from your bank account? I mailed mine last friday and it was received on tuesday and they havent cashed the money yet. I'm a bit worried since i sent my medical exam along with it.

Is your receipt notice dated the same day they withdrew the money from your bank account? I mailed mine last friday and it was received on tuesday and they havent cashed the money yet. I'm a bit worried since i sent my medical exam along with it.
Usually, the receipt will be dated the same day your package was delivered, even when you get the receipt late ,and my money was withdrawn after a week from the day they received my package . Don’t worry about your medical because they should receive it within 60 days from the date the doctor signed it , once delivered to the USCIS, it’s valid for 2 years .

Hi Guys, few questions for you
1-Do u need selective service status when you apply for AOS based in Asylum?
2- Do you need military service status certificate from your country of Origin if Military service is Obligatory to be sent with your documents?
3- how do u send the medical exam stuff after you file your application, I was thinking to wait till I get a receipt number then send package with a copy of that? What else is useful to include so package doesn’t miss it’s route?
4-For Spouse application what documents did you use as proof for continued relationship?
5- For continuous physical residence for one year, what else did you send other than paystubs?
6- how long does it take to get fingerprints letter after u send documents and do they specify a specific date to go or give you date range? I know that no fingerprints are being done these days, but just in case this changes

Thank you!

The initial receipt notice had the same date as when they received it, which was 3/31. I overnighted mine. If you didn't overnight it, it can take a week or more for it to get there depending on how backed up USCIS is bc of COVID-19.

The initial receipt notice had the same date as when they received it, which was 3/31. I overnighted mine. If you didn't overnight it, it can take a week or more for it to get there depending on how backed up USCIS is bc of COVID-19.
Is there an overnight postal service during these days? did you use USPS?

i started being worried, it has been two weeks since i submitted my application with my medical exam ( i did two priority days ), though it was received according to USPS tracking tool after three days, but till now nothing has been cashed from my bank account. i called USCIS to check if they see anything they only recommend to send the LOCKBOX an email to track my files. i opened a case as well with USPS to verify the delivery again, has any one been through delivery delays recently ?

i started being worried, it has been two weeks since i submitted my application with my medical exam ( i did two priority days ), though it was received according to USPS tracking tool after three days, but till now nothing has been cashed from my bank account. i called USCIS to check if they see anything they only recommend to send the LOCKBOX an email to track my files. i opened a case as well with USPS to verify the delivery again, has any one been through delivery delays recently ?
almost 3 weeks and no response yet from UCSIS.

Hi Guys, few questions for you
1-Do u need selective service status when you apply for AOS based in Asylum?
2- Do you need military service status certificate from your country of Origin if Military service is Obligatory to be sent with your documents?
3- how do u send the medical exam stuff after you file your application, I was thinking to wait till I get a receipt number then send package with a copy of that? What else is useful to include so package doesn’t miss it’s route?
4-For Spouse application what documents did you use as proof for continued relationship?
5- For continuous physical residence for one year, what else did you send other than paystubs?
6- how long does it take to get fingerprints letter after u send documents and do they specify a specific date to go or give you date range? I know that no fingerprints are being done these days, but just in case this changes

Thank you!
1. Selective service is required and obligatory for all male asylees who are in the US and under the age of 26, so if you are under 26 register ASAP. I am not sure if its required for AOS though, however, no harm of showing that you are registered, this will show that you respect and follow the law. If you are over 26 then you don't need it. https://www.sss.gov/register/immigrants/
2. Yes, and if you don't have you need to explain why you don't have it.
3. My advice to you is to include the medical exam when you file your i-485, it is valid for 2 years and most likely USCIS will process your application in less than two years. I think they increased the expiration of the medical exam form from one year to 2 years for a reason, and they prefer to deal with a complete application. You don't want an officer to put you on hold just because you don't have your medical exam. look at it this way: maybe if your medical exam is included, then that will encourage the officer to process you application faster to avoid the expiration of the medical exam. But when your medical exam is not included that may encourage the officer to give low priority to your file and put it on hold to process the ones applied after you and actually have their medical exam submitted with their application. This is just a thought, not a fact. Besides, you will avoid the hassle and the worries when you mail your medical exam separately and reduce the possibility of any error from your side, the mail carrier side, and/or USCIS side.
4. Marriage certificate is the most powerful one (translated to English), apartment lease, tax paper (married filing jointly). Those are just examples.
5. Apartment lease, utility bills.
6. Usually 2-4 weeks, and yes, they will specify a specific date and time (example: 07/20/2020, 11:00 am). Because of pandemic, they usually apply previously taken biometrics and they skip the fingerprints appointment, so you may wait more than 4 weeks until they notify you that they applied previous biometrics to your case.
Hope this helps...
Good luck

Hi all,
From your experience, after the case is updated to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken", how long it takes to be called for an interview? or approve the application without interview and receive the Green Card?
Thanks!

Hi all,
From your experience, after the case is updated to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken", how long it takes to be called for an interview? or approve the application without interview and receive the Green Card?
Thanks!
If you are at Nebraska service center, it’s 5-8 months from the day they received your application.
Texas is very slow
This all if you won’t need an interview