Processing time for green card based on asylum

Does anybody know if I apply for an RTD now, will I be able to get it? The last time I did fingerprints was August 2018.
Even if you get an RTD, you won't be able to use it. There are rarely any international flights which are very expensive. Canada and Mexico borders are closed to tourists

I am not talking about now but for when it's safe to travel. RTD is valid for a year.

I think you should apply now. It usually takes 3-4 months so by the time you get it, the flights should slowly be up and running (hopefully). I don't think they have officially stopped issuing RTDs. They have stopped issuing US passports though, unless its a life or death emergency.

03/30/20 - I-485 package mailed.
04/03/20 - USCIS charged Credit Card for $1,225.
04/10/20 - Received 797s for I-485, I-765, & I-131.
04/10/20 - I-765 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/17/20 - I-485 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.

Seems I won't be coming in for a fingerprint appointment. Whether bc of the offices being closed due to COVID-19 or bc my fingerprints are less than a year old from when I got my last RTD, I'm not sure.

04/10/20 - I-765 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.
04/17/20 - I-485 updated online to reflect fingerprints were applied to the case.

Seems I won't be coming in for a fingerprint appointment. Whether bc of the offices being closed due to COVID-19 or bc my fingerprints are less than a year old from when I got my last RTD, I'm not sure.
Beautiful, and today i got my travel document as well which i don't think i will be using, but my fingerprints were taken couple pf months ago and applying for my green card in june.

04/23/20 - Received letter indicating fp were applied to both I-485 & I-765 and therefore a biometrics appointment wasn't necessary.

What are they doing with the $85 for biometrics? If they are using the old prints as they say, are they refunding the $85 you paid? I always knew that the $85 biometrics fee is a rip-off for those who have applied for multiple benefits. What is the benefit of taking a person's fingerprints 5 or more times? What is the purpose? For me: GC, EAD (rejected), EAD, RTD (x 4), N400 = 8 times for biometrics = $85x8 = $680 over 14 years.

What are they doing with the $85 for biometrics? If they are using the old prints as they say, are they refunding the $85 you paid? I always knew that the $85 biometrics fee is a rip-off for those who have applied for multiple benefits. What is the benefit of taking a person's fingerprints 5 or more times? What is the purpose? For me: GC, EAD (rejected), EAD, RTD (x 4), N400 = 8 times for biometrics = $85x8 = $680 over 14 years.
Refunding it? Pffft, as if, lol. Nope, they're keeping it. They actually say so in the letter: "The biometrics fee will not be refunded." I agree it's a huge rip off as FPs for a person do not change. It's just a way to keep the service centers open bc they would not be able to pay for the salaries of those who work there otherwise. But it would be so much easier to just go to a police station and have them do it and send the info over to USCIS.

04/23/20 - Received letter indicating fp were applied to both I-485 & I-765 and therefore a biometrics appointment wasn't necessary.
When you filled out the I-485, did you answer the question in part 2 " the receipt number of the underlying petition (if any)."

Does anybody know if I apply for an RTD now, will I be able to get it? The last time I did fingerprints was August 2018.

I believe yes, since I applied for RTD in mid February 2020 and just got it in hand this past Tuesday. They used my FP and Photo from my asylum biometric aplication. I also send my application to adjustment status based on asylum case, and have been in status "Fingerprint fee was received" since a mid march.

So the clinic didn't wait until I asked them for the completed I-693 medical exam form. They just signed it and gave it to me with an ominous "this form is only valid for 60 days" note. This is from the I-693 instructions: "The Form I-693 must be dated no earlier than 60 days before you filed your underlying application. A properly and timely completed Form I-693 remains valid for two years from the date of the civil surgeon’s signature."

So my understanding is that the I-693 just can't be older than 60 days before you file. But AFTER you file, which is what I have done, it's good for 2 years. My attorney wanted to wait until we received an RFE to send in the I-693 form, we're afraid USCIS will lose it without an RFE. So I have 2 questions.
#1. Is the I-693 form really only good for 60 days to submit to USCIS, or is it valid for 2 years after application submittal regardless of when USCIS gets the I-693.
#2. Is it safe to send extra documentation to USCIS without an RFE?

Any help would be appreciated.

So the clinic didn't wait until I asked them for the completed I-693 medical exam form. They just signed it and gave it to me with an ominous "this form is only valid for 60 days" note. This is from the I-693 instructions: "The Form I-693 must be dated no earlier than 60 days before you filed your underlying application. A properly and timely completed Form I-693 remains valid for two years from the date of the civil surgeon’s signature."

So my understanding is that the I-693 just can't be older than 60 days before you file. But AFTER you file, which is what I have done, it's good for 2 years. My attorney wanted to wait until we received an RFE to send in the I-693 form, we're afraid USCIS will lose it without an RFE. So I have 2 questions.
#1. Is the I-693 form really only good for 60 days to submit to USCIS, or is it valid for 2 years after application submittal regardless of when USCIS gets the I-693.
#2. Is it safe to send extra documentation to USCIS without an RFE?

Any help would be appreciated.
1. I think you can send as much infor to USCIS as you want. They will add it to your file. HOWEVER, if the file has already been transferred to the local office, any stuff you send to USCIS won't make it to the file. Best bet is to bring them to the interview. At the interview, the officer will collect whatever you give him, including updated addresses. Unlike n400 interviews, they don't make decisions on the case on the spot, they always go back and review the file further. Had my interview August 20, 2014. The approved the GC application May 3rd, 2016!
2. Didn't see where it said it was valid for submission for sixty days. But what I know is that I did a medical for application submission in Jan 2014, and I was forced to do it again in 2016 because they said it had expired! Yep, paid $400 twice because of the medical form for the GC.

1. I think you can send as much infor to USCIS as you want. They will add it to your file. HOWEVER, if the file has already been transferred to the local office, any stuff you send to USCIS won't make it to the file. Best bet is to bring them to the interview. At the interview, the officer will collect whatever you give him, including updated addresses. Unlike n400 interviews, they don't make decisions on the case on the spot, they always go back and review the file further. Had my interview August 20, 2014. The approved the GC application May 3rd, 2016!
2. Didn't see where it said it was valid for submission for sixty days. But what I know is that I did a medical for application submission in Jan 2014, and I was forced to do it again in 2016 because they said it had expired! Yep, paid $400 twice because of the medical form for the GC.
Yes, and my attorney raised the same concern about the file being transferred to the local office. However USCIS is really behind, asylees don't normally get called in for an interview, and since it's been not even 2 months since my AOS application was filed, it's probably safe to assume my case is still where it was first received. So we're going to go ahead and send in the I-693 without the RFE.

I found the following thread online of people who've very recently sent the medical examination form without an RFE as well, and it seems like they made their way to the correct file and were eventually approved without ever hearing back form USCIS. So at least this makes me feel better it is possible. https://www.trackitt.com/usa-discus...709453031/sending-medicals-without-rfe/page/1