Processing time for green card based on asylum

No i was not approved,

I was granted Asylum in September 2017
I filed I485 October 2019
completed my fingerprints in November 2019

Yesterday they updated the status on USCIS website regarding Request for Evidence. I am very worried about what will they ask, that's why asking here for other people's experience. did they ask you for any additional evidence?
Fist of all, why did you wait an extra year to file I-485? You could have applied in 2018.
Did you include I-94 in your application to prove that you were present for 365 days in the US as an asylee?

Actually I applied for i485 without the help of attorney or consular. I do not know what mistakes I could have possibly made. If my I485 is denied, can I reapply?

Fist of all, why did you wait an extra year to file I-485? You could have applied in 2018.
Did you include I-94 in your application to prove that you were present for 365 days in the US as an asylee?

I did not read in instructions regarding I-94, I am not sure how to obtain it. I included the I-94 which says Asylum Granted Indefinitely which was given to me by USCIS.

From reading the other posts here and in another forums, the most common requests are the birth certificate and the medical if you didn’t submit it also some people leave one or more of the yes/ no questions and they receive request for that .
Also may be you forgot to send something else, the best thing in all that is receiving request means that someone is working on your case and you may get your GC soon after responding to the request.

From reading the other posts here and in another forums, the most common requests are the birth certificate and the medical if you didn’t submit it also some people leave one or more of the yes/ no questions and they receive request for that .
Also may be you forgot to send something else, the best thing in all that is receiving request means that someone is working on your case and you may get your GC soon after responding to the request.

Thanks for response. Do you know if my application is denied for some reason and error, will i return back to Asylum status and can i reapply?

As per the USCIS manual birth certificate is not required for asylum based adjustment petitions. If you have it, you can submit it but many refugees flee from countries without any documentation or their births are not recorded at all due to lack of infrastructure. If anyone gets an RFE and doesn’t have a birth certificate, they should reply back with a link to USCIS own guidance (Vol 7 part m ch4) Unsurprisingly, the adjudicating bureaucrats are usually clueless about their own manual as well. I never submitted any BC since I didn’t have it nor was I asked for it.

Thanks for response. Do you know if my application is denied for some reason and error, will i return back to Asylum status and can i reapply?
I don't think an asylum based I-485 will be denied as long as substantive changes have occurred in your situation. For example, you said your were gay and married a woman or revolution happened in your home country.

You need to figure out why your got RFE. There is something missing in your application.

Adding to this thread. I was finally able to mail my I-485 package on Monday. I'll update my timeline here as the application progresses.

3/30/20 - I-485 package mailed.
did you mail the Medical record along with it ? or you are planning to wait a bit so the record doesn't expire before the open it, good luck, mind is due on June 26th.

did you mail the Medical record along with it ? or you are planning to wait a bit so the record doesn't expire before the open it, good luck, mind is due on June 26th.
No, I was not able to include the I-693 with the application because the clinic lost one of my samples and I had to re-take the exam. My attorney included a note saying we'd be sending that later upon receiving their RFE.

No, I was not able to include the I-693 with the application because the clinic lost one of my samples and I had to re-take the exam. My attorney included a note saying we'd be sending that later upon receiving their RFE.
Can you share your asylum timeline and office?

Good luck in that, curious to see if they are going to use your old finger print to process your application, since all USCIS offices are closed.

Good luck in that, curious to see if they are going to use your old finger print to process your application, since all USCIS offices are closed.
I'm actually curious about this as well, especially since my fingerprints from my previous RTD are less than 1 year old.

4/3/20 - USCIS charged Credit Card for $1,225.

The charge came in at like 12:30AM. So not sure how they process that, lol.

I'm actually curious about this as well, especially since my fingerprints from my previous RTD are less than 1 year old.

4/3/20 - USCIS charged Credit Card for $1,225.

The charge came in at like 12:30AM. So not sure how they process that, lol.
its there automated systems

Awesome, did they mention anything about the next step ?
Only the 797 for the I-485 mentions the Biometrics as the next step. If they really want to take fingerprints again (for the millionth time <eyeroll>), I'll probably be waiting for a while. The other 2 797s simply say "we've received your application and it is being processed."

Today I was finally able to add my cases to my online profile. And the I-765 was updated with this... "As of April 9, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXXXXX, have been applied to your case."
I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like they are using my existing FP for the EAD. The other two applications don't show this though. They only show the basic, "on 3/30/20 we received your application for yada yada yada..." Hopefully they do the same, but who knows.

Today I was finally able to add my cases to my online profile. And the I-765 was updated with this... "As of April 9, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number LINXXXXXXXXXX, have been applied to your case."
I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like they are using my existing FP for the EAD. The other two applications don't show this though. They only show the basic, "on 3/30/20 we received your application for yada yada yada..." Hopefully they do the same, but who knows.
they mentioned that in on of their websites they they are going to use their exiting bio metric database for EAD applications, but they didn't mention any thing about any other category, it could be because of the urgency of the EAD. However i did my bio-metric for Travel document on Feb 18 and planning to submit my I-485 on June 25. Hope we all get it soon.