Processing time for green card based on asylum

And I asked lawyer and she said that it’s ok to use national passport of COP with GC for travels (the only restriction is not to come back to COP) and RTD is only necessary while waiting for GC. Can anybody confirm this?
If this is true then RTD is not necessary because waiting time for RTD and GC is approximately the same (more than 1 year). Is that correct?
Using your national passport with a Green Card (GC) is generally okay for travel, but avoid returning to your country of persecution (COP). RTD processing can take 3-15 months, so plan accordingly.

Thank you! My friend is getting married in Buenos Aires in April'25, so want to understand how I can travel there and if I get a GC can I still use the same Travel Doc!
If you are traveling with your Refugee Travel Document you will need a visa. Make sure you don’t have any stops because that country would require another visa too. I am pretty sure all countries in South America require a visa if you’re traveling with Travel Documents (I am Brazilian myself and I know them pretty well).

If you are traveling with your Refugee Travel Document you will need a visa. Make sure you don’t have any stops because that country would require another visa too. I am pretty sure all countries in South America require a visa if you’re traveling with Travel Documents (I am Brazilian myself and I know them pretty well).
Thank you! I need to look that up and apply just in case. Better to be safe :) hope everyone will get their RTDs soon :)