Processing time for green card based on asylum

Hey guys, will share some updates on my timeline for I-485:

October.6.2023 applied for asylum-based green card which is exactly 1 year after I was granted asylum ( IJ ). I included medical as well.
October.11.2023 fees credited.PHOENIX LOCKBOX
October.17.2023 received receipt in mail. National benefit center (MSC)
October.31.2023 fingerprints were reused

…Fast forward 7 months later…

June.24.2024 expedite request based on government interest as my work is beneficial for US public safety ( wish I had thought of it sooner tho )
June.27.2024 an agent contacted me, determined that I am qualified for an expedite and transferred my request to NBC. I was assigned referral number as well.

July.2.2024 assigned to an officer for response.
July.5.2024 I was emailed that my expedite is approved and should receive a decision within 90 days. They didn’t even ask for evidence. The email had PHX field office location so I suspected that my case was transferred to PHX and confirmed that chatting with customer service through Emma.

Will see how true is that within the next 90 days...definitely not expecting anything but will keep you posted! :)
As you guys know I requested expedite a while ago and I kept getting the runaround so I decided on August 9th to file for mandamus pro se and I did. Today I got my approval :)
Total wait time from submission of my I-485 is about 10 months. I know it hasn’t been a year+ please don’t come at me.

it took me a while to do my research and to get the paperwork ready.. it’s not an overnight thing and you need to understand the law. Plus it’s different for each case. I highly encourage you to speak to a lawyer or do extensive research. Don’t even think about doing it on your own if your case isn’t straightforward.

I decided to do it myself tbh out of curiosity, I like learning new things and do researches and stuff.

With that my journey is over.. at least for the next 4 years lol

Good luck to you all!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 3.24.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 3.24.17 PM.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 28
Как вы знаете, я запросил ускорение некоторое время назад, но я продолжал получать отговорки, поэтому я решил 9 августа подать на mandamus pro se, и я это сделал. Сегодня я получил свое одобрение:)
Общее время ожидания с момента подачи I-485 составляет около 10 месяцев. Я знаю, что не прошло и года, пожалуйста, не нападайте на меня.

Мне потребовалось некоторое время, чтобы провести исследование и подготовить документы... это не дело одной ночи, и вам нужно понимать закон. Плюс, это отличается для каждого случая. Я настоятельно рекомендую вам поговорить с юристом или провести обширное исследование. Даже не думайте делать это самостоятельно, если ваш случай непрост.

Честно говоря, я решил сделать это сам из любопытства. Мне нравится узнавать что-то новое, проводить исследования и тому подобное.

На этом мое путешествие окончено... по крайней мере на ближайшие 4 года, лол.

Удачи вам всем!
СONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :) :) :)

Hi everyone!

Sharing my timeline:
August 24, 2024 New Card Is Being Produced
July 24, 2024 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
July 28, 2023 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case
July 24, 2023 Application accepted by USCIS

Hi everyone.

My timeline:
July 24, 2024 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
March 12, 2024 We transferred your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.
March 7, 2024 Your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, was transferred to another office for processing.
January 4, 2024 We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.

Hi everyone.

My timeline:
July 24, 2024 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken
March 12, 2024 We transferred your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.
March 7, 2024 Your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, was transferred to another office for processing.
January 4, 2024 We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240826-064017_CaseTrack.jpg
    Screenshot_20240826-064017_CaseTrack.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 30
Hi people. I submitted my asylum based i-485 in march which was accepted on march 9th 2024. Its over 6 months and there has been no movement in status after the fingerprint accepted status. Do i just need to wait quietly for atleast 12 months or there is anything i can do ahead of time to make the green card process quicker.

Does anyone knows the difference between RFIE and RFE. Are they both same. I got a status online saying they have send me RFIE. Waiting for the mail but curious if its the same rfe.

Hi Lads,

Sharing final timeline for my application:
August 28, 2024 Card Was Mailed To Me
August 26, 2024 We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
August 24, 2024 We ordered your new card.
July 24, 2024 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
July 28, 2023 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
July 24, 2023 Application accepted by USCIS.

I sent two applications for me and my wife with medical forms. My wife's application is still pending and it's concerning a little bit. Did someone has the same situation?

Hi Lads,

Sharing final timeline for my application:
August 28, 2024 Card Was Mailed To Me
August 26, 2024 We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
August 24, 2024 We ordered your new card.
July 28, 2023 We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
July 24, 2023 Application accepted by USCIS.

I sent two applications for me and my wife with medical forms. My wife's application is still pending and it's concerning a little bit. Did someone has the same situation?
Your wifes status is pending at what step?