Processing time for green card based on asylum

Has anyone got Schengen visa on their RTD and which countries accept visa-free travel with US RTD?
I got a Schengen visa through France this year and I must say its not the cheapest pleasure to have. Well, it cost me about 200usd total and same for my wife, so next time I would go to EU through one of those visa free countries mentioned above.

U.S. Refugee Travel Document (United States) visa not required for Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary and Cyprus.
You can obtain a Schengen visa to other countries on a general basis.
Thank you Paul for the information. May I ask how do you know this?

I got a Schengen visa through France this year and I must say its not the cheapest pleasure to have. Well, it cost me about 200usd total and same for my wife, so next time I would go to EU through one of those visa free countries mentioned above.
But you would still need the visa to EU countries other than the ones mentioned, right?

But you would still need the visa to EU countries other than the ones mentioned, right?
Sort of, yes. Germany says that you can visit Germany itself, but to enter France, for example, you need a Schengen visa. But the Netherlands and Belgium write that you can stay in the Schengen zone for 90 days.

unitedstates.diplomatie.belgium.be/en/travel-belgium/visa-belgium/schengen-visa-c-visa

and this answer from netherlandsworldwide.nl/visa-the-netherlands/visa-required

No visa required​

You do not need a visa for the Netherlands.
Please note: your total stay in the Netherlands or another Schengen country may not exceed 90 days within a 180-day period.

If you want to travel to other European countries, it is better to apply for a Schenge visa. Yes, it costs some money, nerves and time, but it is much better and calmer.

Last edited:
No, you don't need any other visas to travel within Schengen area once you get a Schengen visa, in my case it was France consulate.
Just keep in mind they ask you to show a passport when you boarding a plane traveling between Schengen countries. I'm not sure if RTD is good for that purpose as I used my NP.

Can anyone answer my question, please? My brother's wife is about to have a baby in Finland soon, and I'm thinking of going there to see them and the country. My green card application is pending, but I got my travel document a week ago. Is it allowed to leave the USA with only a travel document and come back without any issues while my green card application is pending as an asylee? I would appreciate any information you give me based on your travel experience.

Can anyone answer my question, please? My brother's wife is about to have a baby in Finland soon, and I'm thinking of going there to see them and the country. My green card application is pending, but I got my travel document a week ago. Is it allowed to leave the USA with only a travel document and come back without any issues while my green card application is pending as an asylee? I would appreciate any information you give me based on your travel experience.
If you have already received asylee status and rtd on its basis, then of course you can. Apply for a Finnish visa and go calmly.

No, you don't need any other visas to travel within Schengen area once you get a Schengen visa, in my case it was France consulate.
Just keep in mind they ask you to show a passport when you boarding a plane traveling between Schengen countries. I'm not sure if RTD is good for that purpose as I used my NP.
RTD is enough. It is actually your passport until you get citizenship.

Tell me please, who and how long is waiting for a decision on a green card? Maybe someone knows what period of time is being considered now? I've been stuck on fingerprints since March 23 and there is no movement. It is impossible to talk to Emma, she constantly gives the same type of robotic answers and links to the USCIS website. The Lawfully app also shows some kind of nonsense.

Tell me please, who and how long is waiting for a decision on a green card? Maybe someone knows what period of time is being considered now? I've been stuck on fingerprints since March 23 and there is no movement. It is impossible to talk to Emma, she constantly gives the same type of robotic answers and links to the USCIS website. The Lawfully app also shows some kind of nonsens
Mine is stuck at that stage since Nov, 23.