Processing time for green card based on asylum

T

They awon’t do anything to her! Congressman and live agent and anything don’t speed up the GC process ! You either sue them to force for issuing your gc oryou wait!!! Nothing in between
That is true, I will also sue them, I was hoping I should wait till my wife becomes citizen but again who knows how things turn after elections, if you call 1800# just like you said they don't do anything but just give you an update on case progress, I completely agree with your opinion.

I wish i could understand why they don’t wanna increase its validity!! So weird
I believe it's because asylum is not a permanent status or a guarantee to live permanently in the USA so if they revoke, the benefit on RTD will not continue, like they inform in asylum approval letter, and if an asylee stays outside the USA for long time it's considered abandoning the status for another country so after one year they are subject to removal unless they satisfy the officer, (my father had to bring all the court papers that he was in jail for over 2½ years for his and my mother's GC 2yr adv payroll and he lost both his eyes due to HBP while facing the harassment), that is the reason the US immigration sends all RTD holders for inspections at arrivals. The problem is for eg when I applied for a visa to visit Canada it took a while to receive RTD past days, then send RTD to Canadian embassy and by the time I appealed the denial for Canadian visa and then got approved (this was in 2003) I was left with 4 months of RTD validity and Canada requires travel documents to be valid for a minimum of 6 months, so much for one year validity for RTD.

Last edited:
I believe it's because asylum is not a permanent status or a guarantee to live permanently in the USA so if they revoke, the benefit on RTD will not continue, like they inform in asylum approval letter, and if an asylee stays outside the USA for long time it's considered abandoning the status for another country so after one year they are subject to removal unless they satisfy the officer, (my father had to bring all the court papers that he was in jail for over 2½ years for his and my mother's GC 2yr adv payroll and he lost both his eyes due to HBP while facing the harassment), that is the reason the US immigration sends all RTD holders for inspections at arrivals. The problem is for eg when I applied for a visa to visit Canada it took a while to receive RTD past days, then send RTD to Canadian embassy and by the time I appealed the denial for Canadian visa and then got approved (this was in 2003) I was left with 4 months of RTD validity and Canada requires travel documents to be valid for a minimum of 6 months, so much for one year validity for RTD.
i mean even who apply for RTD and now are green card holders which means they are permanent residents still get 1 year validation so i don't think this is the issue to be honest!!!

i mean even who apply for RTD and now are green card holders which means they are permanent residents still get 1 year validation so i don't think this is the issue to be
May be you are right, I am just guessing because on the asylum letter info about asylum is not guaranteed a permanent right to live in the USA, unfortunately nothing about USCIS is transparent, can you get 2 year reentry permit on asylum greencard?
Actually I will be honest with you, no one knows much about immigration issues, I went to a lawyer who charged me $275 for 20 minutes and told me based on the letter your asylum was never approved this attorney is known to be the best in town, I went to another attorney $175 and when I told him about what I was told by the previous attorney he was laughing, one attorney told me I have to study your case and through out on my time he was trying to find what is TRIG and then said I will call you but he never did, my attorney who filed for my i485 in Virginia in 1999 when I called him in November 2021 and told him I got the interview letter he told me they will deny your i485 and put you in deportation proceedings (just like that), it's better to be on forum at least we are learning from present experiences.

Last edited:
May be you are right, I am just guessing because on the asylum letter info about asylum is not guaranteed a permanent right to live in the USA, unfortunately nothing about USCIS is transparent, can you get 2 year reentry permit on asylum greencard?
Actually I will be honest with you, no one knows much about immigration issues, I went to a lawyer who charged me $275 for 20 minutes and told me based on the letter your asylum was never approved this attorney is known to be the best in town, I went to another attorney $175 and when I told him about what I was told by the previous attorney he was laughing, one attorney told me I have to study your case and through out on my time he was trying to find what is TRIG and then said I will call you but he never did, my attorney who filed for my i485 in Virginia in 1999 when I called him in November 2021 and told him I got the interview letter he told me they will deny your i485 and put you in deportation proceedings (just like that), it's better to be on forum at least we are learning from present experiences.
that's right but once you are permeant resident as a green card holder you ain't an asylee anymore!!! they give the asylees RTD even after the GC cause most of them can't use their national passports !!! you can get reentry permit but it's not visa free to many countries like the RTD

Happened with me so i had to sue them and got my gc 50 days after filing the mandamus
Congratulations to you; oh, I see, then I think I have no other choice except this one. I called USCIS and inquired online, but theThe only thing that I can see in my status mentioned is that a Tier 1 officer was assigned for a response. Have you done this before?

Congratulations to you; oh, I see, then I think I have no other choice except this one. I called USCIS and inquired online, but theThe only thing that I can see in my status mentioned is that a Tier 1 officer was assigned for a response. Have you done this before?
I did and tier 2 called me but nothing was changed all fake promises ! I tried everything and nothing worked until i sued them!

My GC status turned to “card being produced” this week!!!

Here is my timeline:
- Asylum application Dec’16
- Asylum interview Aug’21
- Asylum approval Dec’21
- I-485 submitted Jan’23
- I-485 card produced May’24

Wish you all the best of luck.

citizen_in_grave signing off :)
Did you have any interview?

Hello everybody, i applied for i485 February 2024 what shall i do for the vaccinations before they send me RFE can i take it or i should wait for RFE? Because i don’t want to take all if them one time i prefer to get it earlier so i can have sometime between shots periods? Do you know if any place can give them to me for lowest cost in VA?

Hello everybody, i applied for i485 February 2024 what shall i do for the vaccinations before they send me RFE can i take it or i should wait for RFE? Because i don’t want to take all if them one time i prefer to get it earlier so i can have sometime between shots periods? Do you know if any place can give them to me for lowest cost in VA?
Hello! Why you didn't send the medical together with application for I-485 you just gona delayed the process. To answer your question you have time for that because maybe go a year and they don't open your application.

Hello! Why you didn't send the medical together with application for I-485 you just gona delayed the process. To answer your question you have time for that because maybe go a year and they don't open your application.
Lawyer told me never send something they don’t ask for! Sometimes you send it together and they force you later on to redo it again for validity issue so this is why

Lawyer told me never send something they don’t ask for! Sometimes you send it together and they force you later on to redo it again for validity issue so this is why
No more validity issue since November I filled this year February you should’ve sent everything together

I don't know what lawyer is that but I think everyone who applied for green card should send together with I-693.