Processing time for green card based on asylum

FOIA in 2009 after 3rd medical and then my i485 interview after 4th medical, and also during my i485 interview the interviewer asked me regarding trig. I also told the interviewer that I was connected with a group that has nothing to do with me, but still she sent my case to Los Angeles asylum office for review.
She also asked me about some petty incidences that I mentioned in my asylum interview in 1998 some were answered correctly and some I could not recollect after 23 years.
I heard of cases lingering for extend period of time but nothing close to your situation. Your ordeal is painful, exhausting and unusual. Waiting everlastingly cannot be the only solution, and you have waited so long than one can possibly have.
I wish you the best of luck, and hoping the unpleasant experience come to an end soon...

I heard of cases lingering for extend period of time but nothing close to your situation. Your ordeal is painful, exhausting and unusual. Waiting everlastingly cannot be the only solution, and you have waited so long than one can possibly have.
I wish you the best of luck, and hoping the unpleasant experience come to an end soon...
It's over 31 years of asylum, filed in 1993, interview in 1998 at Arlington office (approved), adjustment of status in 1999, i485 interview in 2021, now at LosAngles Asylum office for post asylum eligibility review, I have lived more than half my life in USA, clean record not even a parking ticket, came legally and lived legally.

It's over 31 years of asylum, filed in 1993, interview in 1998 at Arlington office (approved), adjustment of status in 1999, i485 interview in 2021, now at LosAngles Asylum office for post asylum eligibility review, I have lived more than half my life in USA, clean record not even a parking ticket, came legally and lived legally.
Sorry! Others might have already asked, but why haven't you ever tried filing a mandamus lawsuit

That's excruciatingly painful long wait. I think you should seriously consider mandamus unless you are happy just living in the US and not wanting any permanent status. Consult with an experienced attorney and file it before the end of this year.

Sorry! Others might have already asked, but why haven't you ever tried filing a mandamus lawsuit
We had a forum like one here if you can see the forum (I am no terrorist any advice) most of those who tried mandamus were denied based on uscis does not have an exemption authority, slowly and slowly the groups were issued exemption authority and then it was on case by case basis, then they started interviewing all case by case basis and my case was sent to LosAngles Asylum office, if you can check termination of asylum on uscis website. Now it will be LosAngles Asylum office to decide my case and forward back to my field office, if there is any negative (God forbid) issue then I will need a lawyer until then its better to wait and hope for good.

We had a forum like one here if you can see the forum (I am no terrorist any advice) most of those who tried mandamus were denied based on uscis does not have an exemption authority, slowly and slowly the groups were issued exemption authority and then it was on case by case basis, then they started interviewing all case by case basis and my case was sent to LosAngles Asylum office, if you can check termination of asylum on uscis website. Now it will be LosAngles Asylum office to decide my case and forward back to my field office, if there is any negative (God forbid) issue then I will need a lawyer until then its better to wait and hope for good.
It seems like you have a lot of patience and self-restraint, and your patience is a blessing that helps you have a hopeful mindset. I really wish you the best luck and I don't intend to discourage you, but sometimes you have to take care of important personal matters on your own hands.

Several months have passed since your interview and you have no decision. You have lived in the United States for over 30 years, they know everything about you. There is no such tedious background check. This is a delaying tactic of negligence et disinterest, because the asylum office cares less about your case, cares less about keeping it pending forever.

Filing a writ of mandamus is your only serious option, forcing them to make a decision is your only way out, believe it or not, unless you are completely okay with remaining an asylum seeker with a ongoing affair for the rest of your life. It means that your case has been initiated but is yet to be resolved or concluded, how long ? No one would ever know.

You are already approved for asylum, for them to return "your-already- approved asylum" to the Los Angeles asylum office after several years on such status, when in reality and technically your asylum case is already adjudicated, is a technical and legal violation of the asulum laws, no matter what bad interview you had recently. Your asylum was foreclosed whether was granted by alylum officer or by Federal Court.

File a writ of mandamus and you will see change, justice delayed, and justice denied.

It seems like you have a lot of patience and self-restraint, and your patience is a blessing that helps you have a hopeful mindset. I really wish you the best luck and I don't intend to discourage you, but sometimes you have to take care of important personal matters on your own hands.

Several months have passed since your interview and you have no decision. You have lived in the United States for over 30 years, they know everything about you. There is no such tedious background check. This is a delaying tactic of negligence et disinterest, because the asylum office cares less about your case, cares less about keeping it pending forever.

Filing a writ of mandamus is your only serious option, forcing them to make a decision is your only way out, believe it or not, unless you are completely okay with remaining an asylum seeker with a ongoing affair for the rest of your life. It means that your case has been initiated but is yet to be resolved or concluded, how long ? No one would ever know.

You are already approved for asylum, for them to return "your-already- approved asylum" to the Los Angeles asylum office after several years on such status, when in reality and technically your asylum case is already adjudicated, is a technical and legal violation of the asulum laws, no matter what bad interview you had recently. Your asylum was foreclosed whether was granted by alylum officer or by Federal Court.

File a writ of mandamus and you will see change, justice delayed, and justice denied.
Thank you so much for showing so much interest indeed you are knowledgeable in this matter, on the 8th of July, I have an appointment with the immigration advocate to pursue with the matter, I had my appointment with him on the 24th of June but due to severe migraines I missed my appointment, definitely I will update all after the meeting, my i485 interview was in December 2021, asylum approval was in 1998 filed in 1993, i485 filed in Oct 1999, and I have a clean record not even a minor citation in over 31years and I came legally on B1B2 5 year multiple visa. It's just a fear of denial after mandamus order that is keeping me from moving forward I have an 81year old widow mother who is a USA citizen totally dependent on me, my father also a USA citizen died in 2019 and my wife is due for citizenship in August 2025.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROP
This is a very confusing for me, if any one knows or has any experience from some one in this situation, please share to help with what's going on with this law after granting asylum.
Chapter 6 - Termination of asylum Status and Notice to Appear Considerations

This is a very confusing for me, if any one knows or has any experience from some one in this situation, please share to help with what's going on with this law after granting asylum.
Chapter 6 - Termination of asylum Status and Notice to Appear Considerations
did you receive that in mail today?

did you receive that in mail today?
No, this was the law passed during Donlad T presidency I think around 2020, just Google USCIS website, it's more detailed, hope you can give me your take on this, I believe I am stucked in this limbo. If you remember my congressional response on Post Asylum Eligibility Review I think this is what may have happened to my case, I don't mean to scare any one but better be aware than surprise, you will only know if you google.
Chapter 6 - Termination of asylum Status and Notice to Appear Considerations.

Last edited:
No, this was the law passed during Donlad T presidency I think around 2020, just Google USCIS website, it's more detailed, hope you can give me your take on this, I believe I am stucked in this limbo. If you remember my congressional response on Post Asylum Eligibility Review I think this is what may have happened to my case, I don't mean to scare any one but better be aware than surprise, you will only know if you google.
Chapter 6 - Termination of asylum Status and Notice to Appear Considerations.
Again brother i suggest you to sue them! It is what it is! Mandamus lawsuit doesn’t effect on the outcome it just gives them timeframe to give a decision but you need to contact an expert attorney!

Again brother i suggest you to sue them! It is what it is! Mandamus lawsuit doesn’t effect on the outcome it just gives them timeframe to give a decision but you need to contact an expert attorney!
Totally understood, and appreciate your advice, I have an appointment on 8th, I be honest you motivation is the reason of my consideration, also this is some thing that not all are aware about just check into Chapter 6 on termination of asylum, I will definitely file mandamus now after the presidential debate sooner the better.

Hi everyone, can anyone please help me with what I should do now?
No decision after I submit medical RFE. They received medical 7 months ago.

Hi everyone, can anyone please help me with what I should do now?
No decision after I submit medical RFE. They received medical 7 months ago.
You can call 18003755283, then when prompted give your receipt number, while recording announces your case status say "infopass" and follow from there, it will connect you to live agent. I just did that and they gave me a phone appointment and told me that I will get a call from area code 202.

Last edited:
T
You can call 18003755283, then when prompted give your receipt number, while recording announces your case status say "infopass" and follow from there, it will connect you to live agent. I just did that and they gave me a phone appointment and told me that I will get a call from area code 202.
They awon’t do anything to her! Congressman and live agent and anything don’t speed up the GC process ! You either sue them to force for issuing your gc oryou wait!!! Nothing in between