Processing time for green card based on asylum

Approved after 413 days since last update. I submitted the application on April 2023! I have a question, my passport is expired and I don't have idea how is the process now to get the '' Travel Document '' as a resident, I read the requirements and it seems that I need an ''urgent reason'' to get it. And what if in a future I want to go just to do some tourist trips? Good Luck to everyone and thank you<3
Congrats. Which month of 2023 did you file ?

Approved after 413 days since last update. I submitted the application on April 2023! I have a question, my passport is expired and I don't have idea how is the process now to get the '' Travel Document '' as a resident, I read the requirements and it seems that I need an ''urgent reason'' to get it. And what if in a future I want to go just to do some tourist trips? Good Luck to everyone and thank you<3
Congratulations!
You do not need an urgent reason to get a travel document. You do need an urgent reason to expedite the process though. If you browse the travel document forum, you will see that it is a long process. At least for those of us with a pending GC. Hopefully, yours will be shorter now that you are a permanent resident.

Hello,
My application was delivered to the lockbox on June 2nd, 2024. According to Form G-1145, I should have received an email within 24 hours of application acceptance, but I have not received any email yet. Additionally, my credit card has not been charged. Is this normal?

Congratulations!
You do not need an urgent reason to get a travel document. You do need an urgent reason to expedite the process though. If you browse the travel document forum, you will see that it is a long process. At least for those of us with a pending GC. Hopefully, yours will be shorter now that you are a permanent resident.
I hope that too. Thank you for the information!

Reactions: ROP
I believe the process to get RTD is still the same without needing an urgent reason, although it can take a year to get it, which makes it kind of useless.

So the conclusion is… i cannot travel?
Unfortunately the RTD tskes exactly 14-15 months nowadays!!! Don’t renew your national passport cause if trump comes back trust me all the little details will make difference when you apply for your citizenship so it doesn’t even worth the risk!

Unfortunately the RTD tskes exactly 14-15 months nowadays!!! Don’t renew your national passport cause if trump comes back trust me all the little details will make difference when you apply for your citizenship so it doesn’t even worth the risk!
You are right, I know people that renew their national passport, but I don’t want to do that. I just want to be able to travel. I will try but I want to know which form is the correct and the fee. If is 14-15 months well at least at some point I will travel. Thank you for your advices!

You are right, I know people that renew their national passport, but I don’t want to do that. I just want to be able to travel. I will try but I want to know which form is the correct and the fee. If is 14-15 months well at least at some point I will travel. Thank you for your advices!
Form i-131 and it’s better to look up on YouTube how to fill out the form that will help you a lot

By the time you will get travel document you have right to apply for citizenship so it's not worth it.

Hu
By the time you will get travel document you have right to apply for citizenship so it's not worth it.
huh? What did you mean? The guy just got his green card and the travel document takes 14 months so he still got 4 more years and half to apply for the citizenship! He will get at least 4 travel documents before applying for the citizenship

Hu

huh? What did you mean? The guy just got his green card and the travel document takes 14 months so he still got 4 more years and half to apply for the citizenship! He will get at least 4 travel documents before applying for the citizenship
Yeah but his green card is back dated 1 year so travel document it's only for one year they should do it longer 2 years at least.

Hu

I am a women hehe, but yes thanks. I will look for the form and do it. I hope the fee is not too expensive

Yeah but his green card is back dated 1 year so travel document it's only for one year they should do it longer 2 years at least.
I agree but go tell the USCIS that! No chance as we are treated like non priority for them but anyway the road is getting to an end soon in few years and then y’all will be citizens and your passports will be valid for 10 years so hold tight and avoid making mistakes as we are really getting closer to an end of exhausting journey!

I am a women hehe, but yes thanks. I will look for the form and do it. I hope the fee is not too expensive
It’s not really expensive and sorry for my mistake! My bad!!! Btw expediting the travel document is not impossible or so hard like the Gc expedition so if you have an okay reason to expedite your travel document you can do that as many people tried and went through it.

I hate to agree with this, but You are correct.
Even my senator told me it’s very difficult to expedite a green card application unless it’s a matter of life or death or something very critical.
I guess we are all stuck and stumped.
I know a friend who expedited his green card application and got approved through his Congress in Los Angeles; also, his green card is based on Asylum. So Don’t lose hope.

I know a friend who expedited his green card application and got approved through his Congress in Los Angeles; also, his green card is based on Asylum. So Don’t lose hope.
That’s untrue and i can bet you on whatever you want!!! Maybe he got lucky that he got approved in the same time his congressman was sending them inquiry but not a single congressman or anyone else can speed up green card process unless it’s for the benefit of the US government so don’t let someone tell you false info. You can expedite anything in the immigration process except if it’s for i-485 or N-400