Processing time for green card based on asylum

Im hoping to get an interview date by the end of the month, who knows how long it will take after that..
On Lawfully I see that they are still trying to do March. But April and May has much less I-485 requests, than previous months, so I hope, when they move from March, they will get a lot of April and May quickly

Im hoping to get an interview date by the end of the month, who knows how long it will take after that..
On Lawfully I see that they are still trying to do March. But April and May has much less I-485 requests, than previous months, so I hope, when they move from March, they will get a lot of April and May quickly
Is it common to have interview on asylum green card ?. I thought they just approved it except under certain circumstances

It’s very small percentage of people to get it. I got notification “ready to schedule an interview” right after the submission, so apparently I will have it, unless they cancel it.

It’s very small percentage of people to get it. I got notification “ready to schedule an interview” right after the submission, so apparently I will have it, unless they cancel it.
I hope that it will go well. Some of the interview experience on this thread shows the interview mostly focus on the green card application itself.

I have approved lately. I was a november 22 applicant. My case is not approved on time because doctor did not sign my document. I have sent them new RFE and same day when they receive they have approved the card and sent it to my lawyers office.

I hope whoever needs approval it will be sooner. I paid some unprofessional civil surgeons mistake and it cost me a year and half to approve.

Hi everyone,
Our case got approved on March 4th,2024.We have filed for green card and travel documents on May 5th, 2024 and submitted the filing fee check along with it but since then neither the amount has been deducted from my account nor have we received any update regarding our case. If someone has the idea how long does it take or what would be the next step in this process?
Thanks

Hi everyone,
Our case got approved on March 4th,2024.We have filed for green card and travel documents on May 5th, 2024 and submitted the filing fee check along with it but since then neither the amount has been deducted from my account nor have we received any update regarding our case. If someone has the idea how long does it take or what would be the next step in this process?
Thanks
Why you filled too early????? You should have waited at least 6 months! You took a huge risk

Why you filled too early????? You should have waited at least 6 months! You took a huge risk
Coz i looked at USCIS’s website and i they said that they have changed rules since Feb 2023, where one can apply for GC any time after interview but application will be adjudicated on time (like after 365 days).
Ps i also need a travel document but dont wanna pay the extra fee.

Coz i looked at USCIS’s website and i they said that they have changed rules since Feb 2023, where one can apply for GC any time after interview but application will be adjudicated on time (like after 365 days).
Yeah but if your application is opened before it completes 365 then it will be denied and you will lose the whole fees and will have to reapply again and pay for it again!! 90% of the attorneys wait 6-7 months at least after the approval! Good luck but what you did is kinda risky

Hello,
My application was delivered to the lockbox on June 2nd, 2024. According to Form G-1145, I should have received an email within 24 hours of application acceptance, but I have not received any email yet. Additionally, my credit card has not been charged. Is this normal?

Hi,
How can I see in lawlfully which month they are currently processing?
Thanks.

Reactions: CWH
I was granted asylum by an IJ in Chicago on 05/31/23, and I itched to file I-485 right away with the updated policy. However, I was worried that they would adjudicate my case before 05/31/24, so I waited. Eventually, I gave in and filed it on 09/18/23.

I knew I was safe from 05/01/24 (1-year mark) because I would have a month to respond to an RFE for proof of my 1-year residence. I am still waiting for my case to be processed, along with those who filed earlier, 05/10/23 as posted above. I think you should be fine with the current situation. You will get an RFE no matter what for proof of 1-year residence, so be prepared to submit it as soon as you got the RFE. I will use my paychecks as proof. Good luck!

Last edited:
I am hoping we will hear from them in the next two weeks as the processing time now is 13-14 month based on the pattern we see here.
I applied at the beginning of February 2023 for my I485 and still waiting

Many people have been waiting since they turned 2022 or even 2021. I know someone who has been waiting for 40 months already. So, talking about 13-14 months is not relevant. It's all purely a matter of luck. Therefore, I wish all of us good luck.

Last edited:
Approved after 413 days since last update. I submitted the application on April 2023! I have a question, my passport is expired and I don't have idea how is the process now to get the '' Travel Document '' as a resident, I read the requirements and it seems that I need an ''urgent reason'' to get it. And what if in a future I want to go just to do some tourist trips? Good Luck to everyone and thank you<3