Probable March interview tracker - Chennai

No Title

I am planning to file after coming back from India. I am planning to take 2000, 1999 and 1998 tax transcripts along with 2001 W-2.

No Title

11:00 p.m., eastern time is the best time to call them. I invariably used to get them at that time when I was checking on the packet III.

No Title

If visa bulletin for March is released by 7 th , we have very high chance of getting our dates when we call on the night of 7th.

I got through very easily when I called them bethween 11 and 12 (IST)

GCKhoj

It is enough if you take 3 years taxes 1998, 1999, 2000. As far as Us RESIDENTS are concerned we need not worry too much abt records as they have it all in their system. With your SSN, they can get more info than you can imagine. So you are ok with respects to the 3 years. Just take your w2 form with you when you go for 2001.

Also
I have aquestion:
1) Whta do i need to do for medical?

Medicals

I suppose this is what we need to do for medicals. Post your thoughts too. Once we have the interview date, we just need to setup an interview with one of the doctors on the list. Most chose Dr. Vijayalakshmi. Do it probably 3-4 days before the interview, as I\'ve read that some people have tested positive for TB. In such cases, they are asked to take more tests which might take 1 or 2 days, and in most cases they came out negative. You need to take the lab results from Lister which you might have already got a day in advance prior to the appointment with the doctor. Check out madras.sphynx.com. The medical document in the packet 4 that you download from that site has the details.

Visa bulletin??

I have a few questions regarding the visa bulletin.
1) When is it usually released? How do you find out?
2) It was posted earlier that the Mumbai and Delhi March dates are out. Does this mean that they have a separate bulletin from chennai? What do they do different than chennai?
I cant wait to know if I am in march or not.........

Shynee/GCkHoj

Thanks for info abt medicals.
What is Lister labs. Do I need to set up an appointment with them too.

1)Is p4 available to be downloaded.
2) I have heard that most of the times the P4 does sent by the consulate does not reach us. Can we still go to the consulate w/o the appointment letter with just the information from the web. Is it safe to do so?
3) Are there people like me who have requested the P4 to be deliovered in the US and not in India?
4) How difficult it is to get an appointment with the doctor.. I mean how many days before do you have to fix up the appointment.

Shynee,
I saw your earlier post. The chennai consulate front desk people are pretty obnoxious. They are taught a rap at the beginning of the month and they sing the same stuff. They will tell u call after a week. This is like a standard one liner. What I have found more useful is the email that I send to the consulate. The reply is one liner but more authentic.

About marriage and Cp in the same trip ..

CP Gurus

I sent P3 on Jan 17. I am praying that my interview should not be in March. I have to get married and go for CP.

If spouse doesn\'t have passport, what is the procedure?

If the spouse has the passport but no PCC, what is the procedure?

thanks in advance!

Visa Bulletin

For visa bulletin , check the follwing URL and scroll down all the way and click on visa bulletin
http://travel.state.gov
The visa bullet lists the available IVisas for the following month,it is ussually relased by end of the first week of a month.Chennai always oversubcribes for Ivisas and it needs to wait till the bulletin is relased to confirm the exact number of available visas to schedule an appointment.

I am hoping for the bulletin in the next few days(May be on Thursday)
Lets wait :)

Thanks

Shynee/GCkHoj

Thanks for info abt medicals.
What is Lister labs. Do I need to set up an appointment with them too.

1)Is p4 available to be downloaded.
2) I have heard that most of the times the P4 does sent by the consulate does not reach us. Can we still go to the consulate w/o the appointment letter with just the information from the web. Is it safe to do so?
3) Are there people like me who have requested the P4 to be deliovered in the US and not in India?
4) How difficult it is to get an appointment with the doctor.. I mean how many days before do you have to fix up the appointment.

Shynee,
I saw your earlier post. The chennai consulate front desk people are pretty obnoxious. They are taught a rap at the beginning of the month and they sing the same stuff. They will tell u call after a week. This is like a standard one liner. What I have found more useful is the email that I send to the consulate. The reply is one liner but more authentic.

padaiyappa

Yes, u r right. The consulate people are really obnoxious. One day when I checked with her about my packet. She asked me - why I was wasting my dollars and her time in calling her repeatedly. Anyway, since we have no other go we have to tolerate it.

About Lister labs:

I think we donot need any appointment. I was born and brought up in Chennai - so I am quite sure that for any testing in Lister Labs you need not fix an appointment. Anyway, I am planning to ask somebody from Chennai to check on it. Only criteria is that if you go for the test before 10:30 a.m., your results will be given on the same day by 4:30 - 5:30 p.m., otherwise, I think you will have to go for the results next day. This is the normal rule there - I have undergone some tests in that lab. But since it was done a long time back I am not so sure. I will get the info by this weekend on whether we have to fix an appointment.

I did combine CP and marriage and spouse got GC as well

Please refer to my post regarding the same.

Obviously, your spouse will need all required documentation before she can be given an interview (whether together or later), which includes passport and PCC. You have adequate time for these, so I would suggest you start working on those immediately.

No Title

1.) Yes (except appointment letter)
2.) I believe previous cp\'ers did that.

According to previous Cp\'ers, no need of appointment with Lister labs.

Hope this helps.

Previous employment letter

I was trying to get a letter from a previous employer in India. They are creating a scene now asking for moneyin exchange. They say that I hadn\'t given them 2 months notice at time of resignation and so I have to pay them Rs 16000 to get the experience letter. I am completely pissed off with their bureaucratic policies. My question is, is it needed. I have a backup letter from a friend of mine who was a colleague in that company. Is it enough? Will the consular officer ask for a letter from the employer?