Probable March interview tracker - Chennai

Rajesh Paul, Thanks for the info & one more question

Rajesh,

What is the procedure for taking PCC from the RPO in India?

Does it take long time?

thanks

Shynee

Thanks for the reply. Have you requested P4 in the US or in India.
I think since you are from MADRAS, after I get my packet I will have more questions for you.
Don\'t worry. We have put up with this consulate non sense so far and it is only a few more weeks. All the best to all of us.

My concern is that if I do not get an appointment letter then I hope I can go there and get it. I have requested p4 to be delivered in the US.

With reg to the consulate, the only thing those front desk idiots ask is the case # and they dont pick up the phone till it rings atleast 15 times and then they talk to u like u are a piece of dirt. Initially I tried to be polite and greeted her before I started asking abt my case, but then she was like hell bent on not responding.

Yes ...

Our attorney has given the Chennai address in the covering letter of the packet III. From previous experiences on the board, I understand that you can go to the window at the consulate and give the case # and get your packet 4. I think that should not be a problem.

Shynee

Thanks for the reply. Have you requested P4 in the US or in India.
I think since you are from MADRAS, after I get my packet I will have more questions for you.
Don\'t worry. We have put up with this consulate non sense so far and it is only a few more weeks. All the best to all of us.

My concern is that if I do not get an appointment letter then I hope I can go there and get it. I have requested p4 to be delivered in the US.

With reg to the consulate, the only thing those front desk idiots ask is the case # and they dont pick up the phone till it rings atleast 15 times and then they talk to u like u are a piece of dirt. Initially I tried to be polite and greeted her before I started asking abt my case, but then she was like hell bent on not responding.

Just carry whatever you submited for I140

Typically, the consulate doesn\'t even ask for your experience letters. These are verified during I140 stage. So I would suggest don;t spend the money. You can send me a % :)

CPRocks: Very simple...

It is the same form that we submit to the consulate here (the misc. services one). If you go to the RPO (which issued the passport) in person with your passport, you can get it the same day.

Folks, don\'t worry

Even if you don\'t get the appointment letter, just take the web page printout. Thats what I did. Worked perfectly well. Shynee, hope you get yours at the chennai address, but mine never made it. Finally, it showed up at the US address. Looks like they go only by what is mentioned on 230 prt 1. BTW, chennai doesn\'t have a "window" like Mumbai. There is a small counter just inside the gate, but the folks there are not very bright :) Not sure what services they give from there.

No visa bulletin yet!!!

The Visa bulletin has not yet been published by dept of state,hopefully tommorow. what it means for us is Chennai consulate may not have scheduled appointments yet.It is not worth calling today ,I am pretty sure that we will have our dates by calling on Sunday night.

Thanks

Any one here with a salary/Title mismatch

experts please advice ...
Mismatch of salary and Job title from LC and Current situation

Probable interview in March

Thanks in advance

Called Chennai and...

she asked me to call after the 15th. For the Feb interview guys, they came to know on the 12th of January.

We should try calling them on 11th or 12 th.

Hey for a change, the lady spoke to me politely.

Salry Mismatch

I think you need to talk to your manager and get the increased pay.
This could also mean that your company is legally bound to give you that pay. Talk to your manager and tell him what ur pay is indicated on the Labor Ceritification.

Chintu

All the best. Pplease post as soon as you hear something. I think most probably they would not have received anything today. I think I will call them tomorrow.