Probable March interview tracker - Chennai

No Title

Usually chennai updating website on 15th of the month. But if we call chennai around 9th/10th i think customer rep will give the dates.
But since 9th and 10th are sat and sunday we may come to know on 11th.

What about people having interview on 1st of march

they do not have much time to arrange their travel plans and plan. Are you already doing travel arrangements?

GCKhoj: if you notice Chennai Appts Emp based interviews start around 15th of month

GCKhoj,

Looks like Chennai consulate is helping Emp based immigration by scheduling their interviews starting at middle of month.

As most of the Emp based applicants have to visit from US, it gives about a month time for people like us.

Interview Date

friends:

My packet 3 was recd in Chennai on 24th of Jan. I also got another good news about my PCC being issued in Chicago.

My question is when can i expect an interview date in Chennai?

Please if anyone could speculate and i also wanted to know the number where i can talk to someone at the Chennai consulate and who to talk to there.

I also wanted to find out about IRS 9003. Any clues about if we need it, if so where do we get it from?

Lots of thanks in advance

with any amount of luck...

you might just squeeze into march. Chennai number is (91 44) 811 2060
and an operator will answer your call. Ask her about the status of your case. IRS 9003 I think is needed and can be downloaded from http://madras.sphynx.com/wwwhiv.html
good luck

Maybe End of March or April

My pkt 3 was recd by Consulate on Jan 22. I sent an e-mail to confirm and also about the PROBABLE interview. A couple of days later I got a confirmation that they recd my pkt 3 but didn\'t reply properly to the interview question. Just a sentence saying \'Contact inMarch\'. Don\'t know when I would get an Interview.Have to wait till feb 10 or so to check the dates for March. I would say that my chances for March are 50/50.

Thanks GCKhoj and VSC_01_gc

I looked at Chennai website for IRS 9003 but there is no form availabe with that name for downloading.

Can someone explain what it is and where do i get it from?

I sometime back had called the 1800 xxx 1040 and got some documents regarding my previous tax year filings. Is that the same as IRS 9003 or is it different.

I am hopeful of April Interview but if i can squeeze in, during March it would be great

Thanks for the input guys

IRS9003

U can find that form at IMMIHELP.COM
click on Adjustment of Status(I-485) and then click on Forms and Documents and u can find IRS9003

IRS 9003

Friends:

The reason i am asking is i saw different postings at different places and i also saw a link to sheela murthy website which said that IRS 9003 is no longer required http://www.murthy.com/UDirs485.html for I485 Is it true for CP ?. I am not sure about the whole thing, so wanted a concrete answer. I also went to immihelp.com and they have a downloadable form which has none written on the social security number which will not be applicable to me as i have a social security number. Plus i also did not see the form on the Packet 4 at the Chennai US consulate website.

The question is

(1) Do we need IRS 9003?

(2) if we need that form then where can i get a version (not from Immihelp as it has none written on Social security fields) ?

Thanks in advance

PCC

We received our PCC from Washington today. Sent application to Embassy on Jan 3rd. Checked with Ms. Indira Johnson on Jan 23rd. Sent the passports on Jan 24th and received it back today Jan. 29th along with the certificates.

Atleast one headache is over.

IRS 9003

You please go to immihelp.com and click on Consular Processing - then when you click on Packet 4 you will find IRS 9003. Click on it to get the form. The top coloumn clearly says Enter your SSN number if you have one.

Check it out

should we print IRS9003 on yellow paper

in immihelp.com, it says that you should print it on a yellow paper. is that right? has anybody done it.
also, it says that you have to print the DS-230 on 2 sides. what about that?

GC Khoj

As of today, I think that clearance from Embassy should do. But do you think we should check on this with the consulate ? Or should we wait for Feb CPers to get back on this?

My gut feeling is that it is OK...

to just have the PCC from the embassy. just wanted to get a feel of what others are thinking.

Interview Date

I had written an email to the chennai consulate asking them about the probable interview date and they asked me to contact them after a week. Is that normal or is there a problem?

Interview dates For March ???

Consulates in India have to wait for the Visa bulletin published by Dept of State (http:travel.state.gov) to schedule and publish IV appoinments.
Visa bulletin is usually out by end of the first week of a month (Probably 6,7 or 8 th).

Probably we might have some info on 8th or o 11 th of this month when we call the consulate(044-811-2060).

One more week guys .Lets hang on....