Post- S 1932/HR 4241 Reconcilation Efforts

nozdam said:
Can someone give me a start on this letter, then i can work on it over the weekend.

Nozdam,

How does my letter sound for a start? http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1300224&postcount=10

It got lost among earlier posts. I agree it is long, should be shortened perhaps (or probably in it's original form too would be good).

VERY IMPORTANT - If there are a flood of letters they are not even going to look at the one we itend sending.

As of now there are tons of letters that have been faxed by everybody with the S 1932 in the subject somwhere. What we need is that all of us get together, form such a letter and ONE PERSON/ENTITY (Rajiv Kahanna or AILA?) fax/email the letters on behalf of the immigrant community. That letter can have all our signatures. Otherwise the new letter that is going to be sent will be treated as "...yawn" it is the same old stuff that is being sent over and over and over again in the past couple of weeks. Let me know if you need help drafting a new letter or tweaking the above one since I have (amateur) experience writing editorial articles.

agreed!

we MUST not bore (rather irritate) them by dumping the same thing over and over again!

I also feel that people encouraging others to fax or send letters (on any subject) should be thourough enough in their propositions OR else it may work against us unknowingly.

As per this link
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/lawsmade.bysec/final.action.html#request[/QUOTE]
the members of this house senate conference committee are likely to be the people who originally propose the bill and the members of the Budget Committee. Also this conference committee will have to present its report within 20 days or 10 legislative days. So please begin contacting the members of the budget committee at the earliest. I have attached the contact details of the member of this budget committee.

s_siva said:
As per this link
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/lawsmade.bysec/final.action.html#request the members of this house senate conference committee are likely to be the people who originally propose the bill and the members of the Budget Committee. Also this conference committee will have to present its report within 20 days or 10 legislative days. So please begin contacting the members of the budget committee at the earliest. I have attached the contact details of the member of this budget committee.
Okay, if it is then we need to target the original floaters of S. 1932 especially among others. We are treading a fine line here and should not make it look like an "immigration" issue which does not fit in with "budget". And, as we have all mentioned DO NOT USE the word VISA anywhere.

Here is the format. Please feel free to change whatever you want. I would recommend that we spend more time contacting our senators.

Sub: Request to consider Section 8001 of the Senate bill # S. 1932

Dear Honorable Member of US Congress,

First of all I would like to congratulate you for extra ordinary efforts that you and your colleague at US House have taken to pass H.R. 4241. There is no doubt that we need to control out deficit and I fully support you on this particular issue. I would also like to draw your attention on one provision in H.R. 4241 for increasing the L-1 visa fees. We request you to please consider section 8001 of S. 1932 that would recapture unused visa numbers along with the L-1 visa fee increase.

I am Legal immigrant working in the xxxxxxxx field since month/year. I along with many other legal immigrants are facing serious problem because of “Unavailability of Green Cards." The unavailability of green cards would not only make it impossible for me and other legal immigrants to gain permanent residence in the United States in the foreseeable future but also will make it impossible to change jobs and location. If nothing is done immediately we will either have to go to our home country or have to think about settling in another country. We love this country. This country has given the opportunity to grow. We want to stay and work in United States and contribute to the US economy.

United State Senate passed S 1932 on November 3, 2005. In S. 1932 section 8001 allows to recapture unused visa. Please note under section 8001 of S. 1932 professionals who will be considered for these recaptured visa numbers, in most cases, are those who are already employed in U.S. companies since last 4-6 years. They are law-abiding, tax-paying legal residents. They have been certified by the U.S. Department of Labor as high-skilled workers who will not be displacing existing American workers in the market. These applicants also have been certified to be highly qualified and suitable for the positions. Section 8001 of S. 1932 permits the filing of I-485 (Adjustment of Status) application without having to wait for the priority date to become current. If this important section of S 1932 is not considered in the final Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 bill it would hurt many highly skilled qualified professionals like me.

I urge you take action at this critical juncture by providing much needed relief to legal immigrants who have contributed to US economy. I request you to consider section 8001, Recapture of unused visa numbers, of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 while deciding the final version of the deficit reduction bill.
Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely,

Your Name

Last edited by a moderator:
dakwala, Good Letter there. I would prefer if the subject line further clarifies the purpose as that is most probably the only line read by the congressmen or their aides. It could be changed as follows

Please support Section 8001 of S. 1932 in the conference process of HR4241 to resolve the problem with unavailability of Green Cards

I agree with you Siva. How about this:

Request to consider section 8001 of S 1932 that allowes to recaptured visa numbers along with L-1 fee increase

I somehow seem to have developed an allergy to the word 'visa", so I like what siva suggested (even though they all mean the same thing).

Good work guys!!

Everyone please feel free to use this letter or modify as per your need and thoughts. The only thing to make sure is that we do not ask these senators and House of representatives for H-1B in any case.

Replace the word visa with Green Card

Do everybody agree with this. I think it was suggested by many people that we should avoid the word visa as it is often confused with H1B.

Slight Change

"United State Senate passed S 1932 on November 3, 2005. In S. 1932 section 8001 allows to recapture unused visa. Please note under section 8001 of S. 1932 professionals who will be considered for these recaptured visa numbers, in most cases, are those who are already employed in U.S. companies since last 4-6 years. They are law-abiding, tax-paying legal residents. They have been certified by the U.S. Department of Labor as high-skilled workers who will not be displacing existing American workers in the market. These applicants also have been certified to be highly qualified and suitable for the positions. Section 8001 of S. 1932 permits the filing of I-485 (Adjustment of Status) application without having to wait for the priority date to become current. If this important section of S 1932 is not considered in the final Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 bill it would hurt many highly skilled qualified professionals like me.

I urge you take action at this critical juncture by providing much needed relief to legal immigrants who have contributed to US economy. I request you to consider section 8001, Recapture of unused visa numbers, of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 while deciding the final version of the deficit reduction bill".

I am going to make slight changes to the above paragraphs in my letter

"United State Senate passed S 1932 on November 3, 2005. Section 8001 of S.1932 permits racapture of any unsued Green Card Numbers. Please note under section 8001 of S. 1932 professionals who will benefit from these recaptured Green Card numbers, in most cases, are those who are already employed in U.S. companies for the last 4-6 years. They are law-abiding, tax-paying legal residents. They have been certified by the U.S. Department of Labor as highly skilled workers and suitable for these positions and will not be displacing any existing American workers in the market. Section 8001 of S. 1932 also permits the filing of I-485 (Adjustment of Status) application without having to wait for the priority date to become current, which will give us the flexibility of changing jobs or getting promoted to higher positions. If this important section of S 1932 is not included in the final Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 bill, it would cause tremendous amount of misery for the many highly skilled and qualified professionals like me and also would hurt the US economy.

I urge you take action at this critical juncture by providing much needed relief to the legal immigrants who have contributed so much to the US economy. I kindly request you to include section 8001 of the S.1932 in the final version of the deficit reduction bill".

Consider changing this line "Please support Section 8001 of S. 1932 in the conference process of HR4241 to resolve the problem with unavailability of Green Cards"

to

"Please support Section 8001 of S. 1932 in the conference process of 2005 Budget Bill to allow for the utilization of unused Green Cards which were previously authorised by a similar legislative process"

congratulating them about passage of HR 4241 and talking about the importance of deficit reductions might be a slap in the face of democrats? What do you all think? That might need modification for those who voted against it.

Letter from my senator

Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H-1B highly skilled-worker visas. I appreciate hearing your views on this matter.

Since the technology boom of the 1990s, H-1B visas have been the subject of intense debate. Proponents of H-1B visas argue that the number of skilled-worker visas issued must be maintained if the United States is to remain globally competitive and so that employers can remain free to hire the best people for jobs, regardless of their national origin. However, those opposing any further increases, temporary or permanent, assert that there is no evidence of a labor shortage in these professional areas that cannot be met by newly graduating students or by retraining the existing U.S. workforce. Congress continues to strive to balance these two competing approaches.

H-1B visas allow workers from other countries with special occupational skills to work in the U.S. for up to six years under the sponsorship of an American employer. A company seeking an H-1B visa must attest to the fact that there are no willing American workers who can fill the position. In addition, the employer is required to pay the nonimmigrant the greater of the prevailing wage for the position or the actual wages paid to employees in the same position. Under current law, the maximum number of H-1B visas is 65,000 in a fiscal year (FY).

As you may know, the FY 2006 Senate Reconciliation Spending Bill (S.1932) included a provision to recapture 30,000 H-1B visas per year that have been left unused between FY1992-FY2003. A $500 fee will be added for each visa used from this group. Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV) introduced an amendment that would have stripped the H-1B visa provision from S.1932 and would have increased the fee for L-1 visas to $1500. This amendment, which I opposed, failed by a vote of 14-85. I voted against this amendment because I believe it is important to have an adequate number of visas available to help ensure the competitiveness of U.S. industry, while making sure that every effort is made to ensure that American workers are not displaced. The Senate passed its version of the reconciliation spending bill on November 3, 2005. This bill now awaits a House-Senate Conference Committee to work out the differences between the Senate and House-passed versions of the bill.

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,
Carl Levin

Caution about raising H1 FLAG

We are not championing the cause of H1 this is absolutely clear, Our BUSINESS is to get GREEN CARD. If some folks want to mix H1 issues in our pursuit, then it is not going to work.

ALL THOSE WHO WANT GREEN CARD - PLEASE FOCUS ON GREEN CARD ONLY.

Some of the folks who want H1 increase, can fight their battles themselves. Perhaps MNC/ corporations will also aid them. Let us not critise their efforts. We have to stay focussed on Green Card. Perhaps if some folks want to talk of H1 please - please start a new THREAD> We do not want folks who come ot this thread to get confused in anyway, Our objectives are green card only.

thanks,
Sundar

ram_ram said:
Letter from my senator

Dear Mr. xxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H-1B highly skilled-worker visas. I appreciate hearing your views on this matter.

Since the technology boom of the 1990s, H-1B visas have been the subject of intense debate. Proponents of H-1B visas argue that the number of skilled-worker visas issued must be maintained if the United States is to remain globally competitive and so that employers can remain free to hire the best people for jobs, regardless of their national origin. However, those opposing any further increases, temporary or permanent, assert that there is no evidence of a labor shortage in these professional areas that cannot be met by newly graduating students or by retraining the existing U.S. workforce. Congress continues to strive to balance these two competing approaches.

H-1B visas allow workers from other countries with special occupational skills to work in the U.S. for up to six years under the sponsorship of an American employer. A company seeking an H-1B visa must attest to the fact that there are no willing American workers who can fill the position. In addition, the employer is required to pay the nonimmigrant the greater of the prevailing wage for the position or the actual wages paid to employees in the same position. Under current law, the maximum number of H-1B visas is 65,000 in a fiscal year (FY).

As you may know, the FY 2006 Senate Reconciliation Spending Bill (S.1932) included a provision to recapture 30,000 H-1B visas per year that have been left unused between FY1992-FY2003. A $500 fee will be added for each visa used from this group. Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV) introduced an amendment that would have stripped the H-1B visa provision from S.1932 and would have increased the fee for L-1 visas to $1500. This amendment, which I opposed, failed by a vote of 14-85. I voted against this amendment because I believe it is important to have an adequate number of visas available to help ensure the competitiveness of U.S. industry, while making sure that every effort is made to ensure that American workers are not displaced. The Senate passed its version of the reconciliation spending bill on November 3, 2005. This bill now awaits a House-Senate Conference Committee to work out the differences between the Senate and House-passed versions of the bill.

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,
Carl Levin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold on a sec.....

Guys:

Whatever we do, we have be extremely diplomatic in appoaching this. Some pointers:

a) We cant come acros as shameless oppotunists where we are trying to take advantage of their helplessness in looking for every possible sources of dollars.
b) We should look for what they need out of this. If we go there crying and ask them to extricate us out of our long wait while they are cutting budget for sensitive issuesl like medicare and child care, they will just ask us to take a hike and even get upset by our insensitivity. However, if we point out the DOLLAR potential in the 8001 and other provisions of interest, then their eyes might light up.
c) By congratulating on passage of the HR4241 BILL, you might seriously upset democrats and the moderate republicans. Remeber almost 50% of the people voted against passage of the HR BILL. Just lave that language out. We dont want any ruffled feathers.
d) What is this BILL about? BUDGET RECONCILIATION!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ABOUT IMMIGRATION and ALLEVIATING SOMEONES ABILITY TO CHANGE EMPLOYERS. See this language............."If this important section of S 1932 is not considered in the final Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 bill it would hurt many highly skilled qualified professionals like me.".........tell me WHAT DO THEY CARE???? There are people affecte by medicare and child care. because of this bill......and here comes this guy who crying about not being able to change jobs. I dont mean to be blunt .....but think of what you would think if you were the Senator reading this.

Guys......we need to reconsider this language and differentiate between the means and the end. The END is to get money for the government. The means is by allowing 8001 which will give the necessary revenue..(state how much it is....or how much it can potentially be if each EB visa number gets them $XX. Then state that...while contributing to budget reconciliaion...allowing 8001 will also allow us poor workers to change jobs...get promoted....etc..etc...The end of our plight should be a side benefit....not the main reason....the main reason should be budge reconciliation.
e) This useof the term GREEN CARD. How many movies have been made about GREEN CARD and people trying every damn thing possible to get it...by hook or by crook. How many movies have been made about people doing that for H1B visa. When you say GREEN CARD....Americans....due to the bad publicity from movies etc. conjure up desperate immigrants wanting to stay in this country for good. Do you think that Senators who are presed about whether to cut child care benefits or not are going to give a damn about immigrants wanting to settle in this country. My personal opinion is that EB visas is better. It gives us the benefit of doubt. They may not know much about it...But it is not sensationalized and vilified like GREEN CARD.
f) Who is this MESSIAH who put the provisions in 8001? Does anyone know???? If he has the power to put in such a provision in the SENATE BILL, he is really POWERFUL. Find him. And talk to him. And see what he has to say and what ideas he has and what strings he can pull. His voice may count more than all the letters we send (I am not sayign we should not send letters).

I am sorry but I dont mean to blast the person who has written this letter. But I just want to convey that it needs changing and we need to work more at it. No offense intended towards anyone. All i done in the spirit of reaching the final GOAL. GREEN CARD.

Santosh.

1. Jim Nussle, IA, Chairman
2. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Jim_Nussle_Immigration.htm
3. Jim Ryun, KS
4. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Jim_Ryun_Immigration.htm
5. Ander Crenshaw, FL
6. http://www.issues2000.org/FL/Ander_Crenshaw_Immigration.htm
7. Adam H. Putnam, FL
8. http://www.issues2000.org/FL/Adam_Putnam_Immigration.htm
9. Roger F. Wicker, MS
10. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Kenny_Hulshof_Immigration.htm
11. Kenny C. Hulshof, MO
12. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Kenny_Hulshof_Immigration.htm
13. Jo Bonner, AL
14. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Jo_Bonner_Immigration.htm
15. Scott Garrett, NJ
16. http://www.issues2000.org/NJ/Scott_Garrett_Immigration.htm
17. J. Gresham Barrett, SC
18. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Gresham_Barrett_Immigration.htm
19. Thaddeus G. McCotter, MI
20. http://www.issues2000.org/MI/Thad_McCotter_Immigration.htm
21. Mario Diaz-Balart, FL
22. http://www.issues2000.org/FL/Mario_Diaz-Balart_Immigration.htm
23. Jeb Hensarling, TX
24. http://www.issues2000.org/TX/Jeb_Hensarling_Immigration.htm
25. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, FL
26. http://www.issues2000.org/FL/Ileana_Ros-Lehtinen_Immigration.htm
27. Daniel E. Lungren, CA
28. http://www.issues2000.org/Background_Immigration.htm
29. Pete Sessions, TX
30. http://www.issues2000.org/TX/Pete_Sessions_Immigration.htm
31. Paul Ryan, WI
32. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Paul_Ryan_Immigration.htm
33. Michael K. Simpson, ID
34. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Mike_Simpson_Immigration.htm
35. Jeb Bradley, NH
36. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Jeb_Bradley_Immigration.htm
37. Patrick T. McHenry, NC-------No stance on record.
38. Connie Mack, FL--------No stance on record.
39. K. Michael Conaway, TX---------- No stance on record.
40. Chris Chocola, IN
41. http://www.issues2000.org/IN/Chris_Chocola_Immigration.htm

Democrat
1. John M. Spratt Jr., SC
2. http://www.issues2000.org/House/John_Spratt_Immigration.htm
3. Dennis Moore, KS
4. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Dennis_Moore_Immigration.htm
5. Richard E. Neal, MA
6. http://www.issues2000.org/MA/Richard_Neal_Immigration.htm
7. Rosa L. DeLauro, CT
8. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Rosa_DeLauro_Immigration.htm
9. Chet Edwards, TX
10. -----------------------
11. Harold E. Ford Jr., TN
12. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Harold_Ford_Immigration.htm
13. Lois Capps, CA
14. http://www.issues2000.org/CA/Lois_Capps_Immigration.htm
15. Brian Baird, WA
16. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Brian_Baird_Immigration.htm
17. Jim Cooper, TN
18. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Jim_Cooper_Immigration.htm
19. Artur Davis, AL
20. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Artur_Davis_Immigration.htm
21. William J. Jefferson, LA
22. http://www.issues2000.org/House/William_Jefferson_Immigration.htm
23. Thomas H. Allen, ME
24. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Tom_Allen_Immigration.htm
25. Ed Case, HI
26. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Ed_Case_Immigration.htm
27. Cynthia McKinney, GA
28. http://www.issues2000.org/GA/Cynthia_McKinney_Immigration.htm
29. Henry Cuellar, TX------------ No stance on record.
30. Allyson Y. Schwartz, PA----- No stance on record.
31. Ron Kind, WI
32. http://www.issues2000.org/House/Ron_Kind_Immigration.htm
33. .

gcdedo said:
These Members are Most likely on the Commitee

Committee on the Budget
309 CHOB
Washington, DC 20515-6065
(202) 226-7270

There are no subcommittees assigned to this committee.

Ratio 22/17

Republican Democrat

1. Jim Nussle, IA, Chairman
2. Jim Ryun, KS
3. Ander Crenshaw, FL
4. Adam H. Putnam, FL
5. Roger F. Wicker, MS
6. Kenny C. Hulshof, MO
7. Jo Bonner, AL
8. Scott Garrett, NJ
9. J. Gresham Barrett, SC
10. Thaddeus G. McCotter, MI
11. Mario Diaz-Balart, FL
12. Jeb Hensarling, TX
13. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, FL
14. Daniel E. Lungren, CA
15. Pete Sessions, TX
16. Paul Ryan, WI
17. Michael K. Simpson, ID
18. Jeb Bradley, NH
19. Patrick T. McHenry, NC
20. Connie Mack, FL
21. K. Michael Conaway, TX
22. Chris Chocola, IN

Democrat

1. John M. Spratt Jr., SC
2. Dennis Moore, KS
3. Richard E. Neal, MA
4. Rosa L. DeLauro, CT
5. Chet Edwards, TX
6. Harold E. Ford Jr., TN
7. Lois Capps, CA
8. Brian Baird, WA
9. Jim Cooper, TN
10. Artur Davis, AL
11. William J. Jefferson, LA
12. Thomas H. Allen, ME
13. Ed Case, HI
14. Cynthia McKinney, GA
15. Henry Cuellar, TX
16. Allyson Y. Schwartz, PA
17. Ron Kind, WI

http://clerk.house.gov/committee/index.html?comcode=HBU00

santosh_30, I liked your meesage.

I just need the green card....don't care if they cut education spending or medicare...who cares ! also i don't care about the war...i just need my green card. I heard that the current deficit per person is $27,000 !!!

I was thinking about the bills passed/ to be passed and my desire for GC.....I really need the GC.....but if this is happens in Indian parliment I would not support these bills. For the purpose of GC I end up supporting HR 4241 and other related bills, which shows total fiscal irresponsibility. The more I understand Repulication values, I tend to support them....but not these bills and this war.

I am really in a confused state...I do really need GC but for that do I have to support all these????? I did e-mail/fax/telephone senators and reps. urging them to support these bills.....now when I think of it...I feel terrible.....I don't know......I know just one thing...that I need my GC.....

santosh_30 said:
Guys:

Whatever we do, we have be extremely diplomatic in appoaching this. Some pointers:

a) We cant come acros as shameless oppotunists where we are trying to take advantage of their helplessness in looking for every possible sources of dollars.
b) We should look for what they need out of this. If we go there crying and ask them to extricate us out of our long wait while they are cutting budget for sensitive issuesl like medicare and child care, they will just ask us to take a hike and even get upset by our insensitivity. However, if we point out the DOLLAR potential in the 8001 and other provisions of interest, then their eyes might light up.
c) By congratulating on passage of the HR4241 BILL, you might seriously upset democrats and the moderate republicans. Remeber almost 50% of the people voted against passage of the HR BILL. Just lave that language out. We dont want any ruffled feathers.
d) What is this BILL about? BUDGET RECONCILIATION!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ABOUT IMMIGRATION and ALLEVIATING SOMEONES ABILITY TO CHANGE EMPLOYERS. See this language............."If this important section of S 1932 is not considered in the final Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2006 bill it would hurt many highly skilled qualified professionals like me.".........tell me WHAT DO THEY CARE???? There are people affecte by medicare and child care. because of this bill......and here comes this guy who crying about not being able to change jobs. I dont mean to be blunt .....but think of what you would think if you were the Senator reading this.

Guys......we need to reconsider this language and differentiate between the means and the end. The END is to get money for the government. The means is by allowing 8001 which will give the necessary revenue..(state how much it is....or how much it can potentially be if each EB visa number gets them $XX. Then state that...while contributing to budget reconciliaion...allowing 8001 will also allow us poor workers to change jobs...get promoted....etc..etc...The end of our plight should be a side benefit....not the main reason....the main reason should be budge reconciliation.
e) This useof the term GREEN CARD. How many movies have been made about GREEN CARD and people trying every damn thing possible to get it...by hook or by crook. How many movies have been made about people doing that for H1B visa. When you say GREEN CARD....Americans....due to the bad publicity from movies etc. conjure up desperate immigrants wanting to stay in this country for good. Do you think that Senators who are presed about whether to cut child care benefits or not are going to give a damn about immigrants wanting to settle in this country. My personal opinion is that EB visas is better. It gives us the benefit of doubt. They may not know much about it...But it is not sensationalized and vilified like GREEN CARD.
f) Who is this MESSIAH who put the provisions in 8001? Does anyone know???? If he has the power to put in such a provision in the SENATE BILL, he is really POWERFUL. Find him. And talk to him. And see what he has to say and what ideas he has and what strings he can pull. His voice may count more than all the letters we send (I am not sayign we should not send letters).

I am sorry but I dont mean to blast the person who has written this letter. But I just want to convey that it needs changing and we need to work more at it. No offense intended towards anyone. All i done in the spirit of reaching the final GOAL. GREEN CARD.

Santosh.

Thanks a lot for your folks great effort in the letter.

On theother hand, my humble opinion is that I agree with Santosh - we would need to think about the issue more in the Senator and House Representative's point of view. So crying for sympathy may not be the best approach especially when this budget bill itself has very controversial feedback from the congress/senate. Also this is above all a budget bill instead of an immigration bill so that what good for us is piggy-backed in this bill. Raise immigration issue in such high profile way may backfire us.

My idea for making our proposal looks sweeter is presenting these benifits-
1. It increases government's revenue compare to the L-1 visa fee increase.
2. It helps keep high-wage job in America therefore further helps consumer spending in US soil and overall helps economic.
3. It helps keeping talented in Corp American and overall helps US's competence.

Just my 2 cents and I truely believe you folks will come some far more brilliant idea than mine :)

NCFolk