Post- S 1932/HR 4241 Reconcilation Efforts

I have sent the FAX to all senators from NJ...

All readers of this forum are requested to send the Faxes, Emails at the earliest..

Please ACT Now!!!

Does anybody know the members in the Conference commitee ?, If so We could also send the faxes and Emails to them.. That is More effective I guess..

As House passed HR 4241, our all efforts should divert to pursue Senate-House conference commitee members. We should put tons of efforts to include immigration packet (section 8001 and 8002 of Senate bill) to final budget reform bill.

I belive, once they include, final version will go to the president for signature.

sunjoshi said:
Best way is to make phone calls to your local congressmen to include sec 8001 with the House reform Bill.

I know not everyone has time to make fone calls, but the more the better.

it would help is someone knew who are in the "conference" committee, so we can focus on that group.

Talking on phone might help and telling them to include the immigration reforms from s1932 to the consolidated one. Iam going to call in my area.
Dont stop sending emails, faxes etc. This is best chance to end this retrogression.

Do you guys know the time frame for this i.e when are they going to consolidate both the bills.

Focus On The Committee

Guys we need to find out ASAP when the reconciliation meeting is, and WHO the members are. NOW let us focus PURELY on the committee and the committee ONLY.

We shud fax them and email them and call them and keep our efforts focussed on THEM ONLY.

Can ISNAMERICA change the fax to go ONLY to those committee members now?

Concorde please put letter on fax site/ link

concorde said:
I tweaked the letter I had put out earlier in http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1299283#post1299283.

How does the attached lates version sound ? -

I think we need to send this to the guys who floated S. 1932 and have them convince the conference members.

Hi Concorde,

The letter draft is good. As you mentioned GREEN CARD it is good and will remove the confusion of people. Please put it on the fax weblink.

I consider that is better for us that the senators and Representatives does not understand the difference between H1 and GC, they might think twice if they know that the real purpose is to increase permanent and not temporary population, we only need fousing in the "RECAPTURE UNUSED VISA NUMBERS" Paragrapgh to be added in the final bill.

The relation with "BUDGET" is Money $$$ because they will collect $500 for each recaptured EB Visas and H1b Visas (S.1932). On the other hand, the HR 4241 suggest only the L visa fee to be $1,500, but the fact is that there are a lot less L visas than EB and H1, so the $1,500 fee will be a lot less compared with whe recapture fees of S.1932.

I remember that Sen. Bryrd defeated ammendment in S.1932 proposed $1,500 L visa fee, contrary to the $750 proposed fee by saying that it doubles the revenues, but the fact that he did not understand is the BIG difference in visa numbers between H1 - EB and L.

How long will the conference take to reconcile the two bills? After that, how long does it take for the president to sign it to law? Can somebody give me an estimate how long we have to wait to really finally claim a victory? :confused:

Keep the faith

Guys i see a lot of Enthu from some ppl. Unfo i also see some drooping shoulders and hung necks. Common guys pull urselves together. This is a long battle and we are ALMOST there. Keep the intensity going and let's start with faxing the conference committee with a renewed sense of vigour! Keep the Faith guys.

Our phone calls, fax and emails are good but I don't think it is enough. Our companies also need to do something. If big companies like Microsoft, Intel or any other companes if they send letters to these senators then we have more chance that our retrogression problem is heard. This is the last chance we have so instead of worrying when this would happen we should just start formating our letter and then start sending letters to our senators.

Also I think we should focus on Retrogression and forget about H-1 VISA increase. People who wants H-1 visa increase can send their letters directly or whatever way they want.

Sections

Guys here is an option

We keep debating over whether to mention H1 or EB reforms. Why not just ask them to support "SEC. 8001. RECAPTURE OF UNUSED VISA NUMBERS" Or simply Section 8001/8002. That way we dont have to use our own "buzzwords".

What do you guys think?

shankara21cen said:
Hi Concorde,

The letter draft is good. As you mentioned GREEN CARD it is good and will remove the confusion of people. Please put it on the fax weblink.
How do I do it? If you know how to do it please go ahead and do it.

I like Nozdam's idea. Lets support section 8001 (unused visas section)
to avoid confusion and wrong publicity abt H1 visas. Also bring in the family angle wherein we can say that existing GC holders are suffering to make their family(spouse and children) permanent residents because of retrogression besides people who are already suffering for getting the GC itself.

Course of action

I totally agree with Nozdam. Infact i was framing my reply and argument when Nazdam sent out his note - very succinctly, i must say..

My recommended course of action:

- Focus on Conference members when names are known. Till then, send letter to all senators/congressmen.
- Change message of letter/fax/email to only talk about
o Inclusion of all clauses of Sec 8001 of S.1932 (recapture of unused Visa numbers) into the final consolidated version of the S.1932/HR.4241

My recommendations are that we not complicate the message by talking about the retrogression stuff in lieu of the H1B portion. By all means we need to talk about the items that impact retrogression, but I think we have to keep the message simple to the law makers, and just focus on inclusion of ALL aspects of Sec 8001of S.1932 into the final bill

The reasons why I would want to focus on ALL the clauses of Sec 8001 of S.1932 and not the ‘non-H1B’ portion are:
- Keep the message simple. From the usual replies that we received from the congressmen/senators, it is clear that they talk about H1B in the same breath as the other stuff. The message should be to just keep sec 8001 in the bill.
- Mention the fact that the Byrd amendment that wanted to remove Sec 8001 from S.1932 and change it to read like the section in HR4231 was defeated 85-14. I think that this shows the wide support for inclusion of this section across party lines…
- The lobby that pushed this section into S.1932, I suppose, wants the H1b piece in the bill. Further, when the ‘infamous’ Byrd amendment was been debated, on the senators in who spoke against the amendment stressed on the fact that 2006 H1Bs where exhausted in a couple of months and that businesses are demanding skilled workers. Let us ride this wave.

We now have a vrey very slim chance of getting retrogression relief....so lets try and do things right in the letter we write. I am not trying to criticize efforts. The efforts have been outstanding. Just offering some comments which may be helpful.

If someone is confusing what we are intending with somehting else that he has pre-conceived what we are writing about, then it would greatly help if we write...in bold letters...before the actual letter begins.....something like this....

"THis Letter Discusses Issues that are Very Different From The Increase In H1B Visa Numbers. It Discusses The Need To Support Provisions In Bill "So And So" That Alleviate The Significant Backlog In Issuing Employment Based Permanent Residence Visa (EB Visas) By Recapturing Unused Visa Numbers From Previous Years, Not Counting Family Members Towards Visa Numbers and Allowing Pending Applicants To File For EAD (Employment Authorization Document) and Advance Parole"

Exta Caution !

Folks,

I like nozdam's approach, but at the same time, I am scared to mention what SANTOSH has written above, it will boomrang.

We need to make it one line message " All sections of 8001 is what we shoudl request" for now, let us push all H1B , EB Visa etc into backburner". Our requirement is Simple " GREEN CARDS". Forget about talking on VISA.. since folks alwyas mix up EB Visas to H1 visas and if there are disagreement among them, we will also get hurt. Let us take up issues that is very relevant for us, which is GREEN CARD. I am not trying to be selfish. Our focus and goal in this thread is "ALL ABOUT GREEN CARDS ONLY".

If H1 folks want a H1 cap raise, they need to initiatie and take things to the next level. ** This is not our priority nor our business now **. Please do not attach any H1 / L1 or Family based priority increase now".

Thanks to all in this endeavour..

Why do you say very very slim chance...I believe we do have good chance.

santosh_30 said:
We now have a vrey very slim chance of getting retrogression relief....so lets try and do things right in the letter we write. I am not trying to criticize efforts. The efforts have been outstanding. Just offering some comments which may be hlpful.

If someone is confusing what we are intending with somehting else that he has pre-conceived what we are writing about, then it would greatly help if we write...in bold letters...before the actual letter begins.....something like this....

"THis Letter Discusses Issues that are Very Different From The Increase In H1B Visa Numbers. It Discusses The Need To Support Provisions In Bill "So And So" That Alleviate The Significant Backlog In Issuing Employment Based Permanent Residence Visa (EB Visas) By Recapturing Unused Visa Numbers From Previous Years, Not Counting Family Members Towards Visa Numbers and Allowing Pending Applicants To File For EAD (Employment Authorization Document) and Advance Parole"

Second Most Important Point

Let us all take a day to draft a good letter or review. Let us not send 100s of faxes with amendments. It would show that we are not sure of what we want. So let us all take sometime - a day to think and word it nicely and to the point. make the letter very simple. no greater than 500 words at the most.

Folks may loose interest and throw the letter to garbage otherwise..which is not what we shoudl risk now. So let us make it concise, simple and easy to understand.