Post graphs and stat analysis here - J.Bcis.Res.

Re: thanks !!

Originally posted by lifeonhold
Thanks Kashmir ....

So the next questions is ... how can I get your JAVA program ... I am assuming you have posted the answer to this in one the threads but I must have missed it. I will def. send you the results.
Hi, lifeonhold,
I found your thread at NSC I485 forum:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90058
Let's continue discussion at your thread
because this thread is for analysis and graphs of WAC02 I485.
-kashmir

Thanks for your mentioning the original Project Kashmir thread. > Dadagirl

Originally posted by ND022202
mango, this includes all BCIS paperwork, not just 485.

I understand, still its unbelievable that they approved 3 mil this year.
It just tells one thing - that they are not sitting not doing anything, but that they are not doing 485s and doing everything else.

approvals in July 2003 - per scan of 07/27 by kashmir

see attachment. \
CSC performance of July is about 50% of June, which in turn is very low. Practically, 485s are frozen now.

Thanks ND,

Was waiting for your report .. But tell me this, your prev post showed 1 or 2 entries in Jan 2002. but your latest post shows 0 entried for Jan2002 .. ???

eventually

Here is how the graph is built.
By kashmir csv report, I calculate the number of active cases for each WAC02 series as
Active = Total - Card Ordered - Completed - Approved - Denied - Withdrawn - Rejected - Mail Directly - Undeliverable - Insufficient - Unknown.
Then, I calculate Approved/Dropped in each series for the graph as
Approved/dropped = Active(end of previous month) - Active(current date).
Finally, I add series results by the month.

So, number of Approved/Dropped can go down or even negative for the series of one month, if total number of active cases per month is growing up.
Usually, it happens when case go back to status of Resumed or Transferred from the status of Withdrawn - Mail Directly - Undeliverable - Unknown.
Thanks.

Thats pathetic ..

I guess the number of approvals will keep declining till sep '03 .. as many reason are quoted for this decline ..

Y'know today I totally lost hope. From ganshm's thread and the way BCIS thinks we can do with APs & EADs and from this graph, I think Im getting bit over stressed thinking about my approval and visiting the forum. Y'know I will get it whenever I get it else, I will take it that these guys don't want me here and I'll move to India.

Excel Charts

Hi,

This is an updated and extended version of the Excel doc I posted some time ago, that produces various charts from Kashmir's CSV files. Additions include:

- cumulative graph since start of WAC02, per status per WAC# (good to see how many are in front of you),
- takes an "initial" data set to measure activity over a period,
- graph of successfully completed cases per WAC# over period (similar, but not identical, to ND's graph),
- graph of changes per status over period.

WAC# of interest to me are highlighted, please ignore. As before, select "initial data"/"current data" sheets and pick "Data>Refresh Data" to upload new data sets.

Note that the "diff data" sheet also computes change rates (per day), if you set the proper dates for your data sets at the top. That gives me a grand average of 7.37 successfully completed cases per day since June 16. Pathetic indeed.

For those who do not want to bother with Excel, I will post a PDF with the charts in a following message.

Enjoy!

ChP

(PS: this has been briefly and untintentionally posted as a separate thred, which I have promptly deleeted as my intent always has been to post it here only.)

Chart files 1/5

This chart shows the % of cases in each status for each WAC date.

Chart files 2/5

This chart shows the number of cases per status per WAC date.

Chart files 3/5

This chart shows the cumulated number of cases since Oct 1, 02 per status per WAC date.

Chart files 4/5

This chart chows the number of successfully completed cases (completed/approved/card ordered) since June 14 for each WAC date.

Chart files 5/5

This chart shows the total changes since June 14 for each status.

chp, your graphs look great!
big dark blue means most cases are untouched :(.
But I have a suggestion,
can you rotate the colors in such a way that similar status woud be shown in similar color, like approved-completed-card ordered - greenish, transferred-rfe (touched) - bluish, and other - yellowish-brownish?

Colors in charts

Originally posted by ND022202
chp, your graphs look great!
big dark blue means most cases are untouched :(.
But I have a suggestion,
can you rotate the colors in such a way that similar status woud be shown in similar color, like approved-completed-card ordered - greenish, transferred-rfe (touched) - bluish, and other - yellowish-brownish?

'Eventually' suggested the same the last time I posted the charts, but I'm not convinced it's such a good idea. I tried it but was not pleased with the result. As I said then:

<<I thought about changing colours but I think having random colours with high contrast between successive ones is actually very readable. It looks daunting at first sight but it does not take long to identify what the main colours mean.>>

Feel free to try it yourself using the Excel file, though: just double click on the color patches in the legend to change them.

And yes, the dark blue blob is where we're all stranded...

ChP