Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Maybe because my fingerprint is holding up. I'll make a visit to the local office. Thank you for your sharing.

Texan_pa
If you concern your fingerprint is holding up, you can easily call 304-625-5590 (FBI) and give them your A# to find it out. They will tell you if they have sent the result back to CIS. I did this because my LUD never changed after I did FP and was told that FBI send the result back to CIS on the same day.

Good luck,
bobbyren

texan_pa said:
Maybe because my fingerprint is holding up. I'll make a visit to the local office. Thank you for your sharing.

Bobbyren,
Thank you for your information. They told my my FP results was sent to INS on Feb16, 05. What about name check? How do you know if it's been done?
By the way this was my 2nd FP.

Texan_pa,

You may email to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov for your name check. But as you might notice from other threads about name check, there is a few months delay for FBI to reply the name check inquiry. Right now they are replying emails sent in Dec 2004/Jan 2005. I would suggest you call NSC or Philly office to find it out and maybe it is worthwhile to visit the Philly office in person since your case has been pending for long time.

Good luck,
bobbyren

Hi guys ,

For those who already had the interview, what documents did you have to prove that you live at the address they have on file? Is it credit card bills, bank statements etc enough or they need something else? What do they ask specifically at the interview regardind the address? I moved to a new address and so far I have credit card bills, bank statements ... I don't know if this is enough ...

Thanks,
nemessis

PS: Also I saw in Owen's list the university diploma ... is this really necessary?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lease agreement, or if you own, deed and mortgage statement(s) would be sufficient to prove your residency. I don't think a diploma is critical and whether bringing it along is totally up to your own discretion.

nemessis said:
Hi guys ,

For those who already had the interview, what documents did you have to prove that you live at the address they have on file? Is it credit card bills, bank statements etc enough or they need something else? What do they ask specifically at the interview regardind the address? I moved to a new address and so far I have credit card bills, bank statements ... I don't know if this is enough ...

Thanks,
nemessis

PS: Also I saw in Owen's list the university diploma ... is this really necessary?

Hmmm... thanks. The problem is that I share an apartment with a friend and the lease is on his name (so are the utility bills). I was wondering if bank statments, credit card bills, the address on the driver license etc would be enough
nemessis

Aladdin said:
Lease agreement, or if you own, deed and mortgage statement(s) would be sufficient to prove your residency. I don't think a diploma is critical and whether bringing it along is totally up to your own discretion.

nemessis,

I took lease agreement, driving license and latest bills that had my address.

Since the first one is ruled out for you, think you should be fine with driving license and credit card bills and bank statement showng your address. During the interview the officer verified from each member (at different times) what address we live in.

As for degrees/diplomas i had them in the 'good to have documents' folder. In case the officer becomes curious. They were not listed in the documents that USCIS had asked to bring along and neither did my attorney ask me to take it. The officer did not ask for them during the interview.

All the best for your upcoming interview. Hope you got your passport renewed.

sgi

Last edited by a moderator:
sgi,

Thanks a lot. I got the new passport yesterday. I'll post here the all the info about how the interview was on Tuesday
Thanks again,
nemessis

sgi said:
nemessis,

I took lease agreement, driving license and latest bills that had my address.

Since the first one is ruled out for you, think you should be fine with driving license and credit card bills and bank statement showng your address. During the interview the officer verified from each member (at different times) what address we live in.

As for degrees/diplomas i had them in the 'good to have documents' folder. In case the officer becomes curious. They were not listed in the documents that USCIS had asked to bring along and neither did my attorney ask me to take it. The officer did not ask for them during the interview.

All the best for your upcoming interview. Hope you got your passport renewed.

sgi

I-485s approved and stamped

Hi, everyone,
I just want to update my interview experience yesterday.
The officer is very very nice(officer B). The questions she asked were: 1. your address, 2. your phone number, 3. DOB, 4. Go thorough the question on I-485. It took 20 minutes for my family(My wife, my daughter and me).

One extra point I would like to mention is: for these guys who came to US as J-1 visa holder, please bring your waiver documents. This officer asked me for this. I brought approval letters from department of state and INS.

I wish everyone in this forum would go thorough this interview process smoothly.

Cogratulations, jasony2004! Thanks for letting us know that J1 waiver document is necessary for interview.

Bobbyren

Congrats to Jasony2004!

Got interview letters for me and wife.
the Interview date will be June 7th in
section C. Anyone has experience with this
officer?
Thanks.

Cograts for your interview. I have mine tomorrow with the same officer. I'll let you know how is it after the interview.
nemessis

Philyjun said:
Congrats to Jasony2004!

Got interview letters for me and wife.
the Interview date will be June 7th in
section C. Anyone has experience with this
officer?
Thanks.

nemessis said:
Cograts for your interview. I have mine tomorrow with the same officer. I'll let you know how is it after the interview.
nemessis
Hello, Guys,

Looks like everyone already got good news these days. Congradulations to you all. Could you guys please let us know which catogory you are applying?

Thank U very much and enjoythe freedom.
My case Is:

NIW

TD: Nov. 04

I remember someone talked about the
medical exam. My one is already one and half years older.
Do I need to do it again or not?
Please share your experience.
Thanks.
Philyjun