Philadelphia Transfer Cases

MGM

Registered Users (C)
Philadelphia transfer cases please join here. We can exchange valuable information regarding our case and the interviews.
My case was transferred on March 11, 2003. My I-485 was originally filed with VSC. Following is a summary of my filing information.
RD: 12/28/01
ND: 01/11/02
FP: 11/14/02
TD: 03/11/03
2nd FP: 02/04/04
After 2 more FPs and Medicals
Finally Case approved on 04/02/06
:eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
MGM,

What do you mean Transferred to local INS, has your case been approved and that you have to go to local INS for stamping or did I get this wrong.

My receipt date is 12/31/01 (I think), pretty much same as yours.

Thanks,
Raj

TRANSFERED

MY CASE HAS BEEN TRANSFERED ALSO

I 485

RD 062102
FP 083002
TD 030402 TO PHYLADELFIA
ID ?
AD ?

raj74,
No, my case has not been approved yet. Both my and my wife's cases have been transferred to the Philadelphia local office so that they can either schedule interviews, if needed, or approve our cases. Haven't heard from the local office yet but received a transfer notice from VSC.

Mine 2

Hi Guys,

My case also got transfered on 01/10/03.

RD: 10/12/02
ND: 11/29/02
TD: 01/10/03
AD: ????

Hi Toro, Can u pls check with the year of ur Transfer date. When did ur case get transfered is it on March 2002 or 2003??

Thanx,
Philapa.

Hi Philapa,
Did you get a notice from the local office saying that they received your file? I only got a case transfer notification from the VSC but the local office has not sent me anything. Let me know your situation since your case was transferred in January. Thanks.

Any luck?

Hi all,

any luck with the transfer notices?
any updates from the phillyc center?

any idea on what is going on there with our cases?

too many questions!! right..

guys cheer up..hum honge kaamyab ek din..!!

hang in there !! and GC or no GC is not the end of the world!!

i am planning to send out a letter to the bcis to find out what is progress in my case--as my ND is Sep 10 2001 and RD is Nov 13 2001 and also find out if they will ever schedule an interview !!!

Cheers

gcsep10

I think a lot of the last few month's slow down had to do with the "extra-ordinary" situation (color alerts, special registration etc.). Now things are getting back to normalcy, and special registartion is over by April 25th 2003, I expect to see the trasferred cases (including the ones transferred to Philadelphia BCIS) being adjuciated as well as non-transferred cases. In fact, in very many cases transferred cases might have priority since their RD dates might be earlier. Only reason we are not seeing many of them on the board I guess is that compared to non-transferred cases, statistically speaking, transferred cases are much fewer.

Update from National Customer Center ....

Hi Friends,

Today spoke to an officer at the National Center (the number is available on the BCIS website ) to find out the case status at Philly after the transfer.

The lady was rude.She told me that the processing that was done at the Vermont Center may not be relevant to the Local center and that they can take their own time to judge the case.And also that they will have their own dates of processing .When i asked her that the case has taken more than 540 days she said that the time of 540 days is for the Vermont Center and does not have any sort of bearing on the Local center and added that it can take 1 year or even 2 years or more and cited the case of Arlington center which is taking close to 2 years now for scheduling interviews!!!

I guess we will have to pay them a visit at Philly to find out what is really happening and if they are having any estimates for calling interviews.

Cheers
gcsep10
RD sep 10 2001

Philly processing time

According to the Philadephia District Office processing time as of October 2002, the I-485 may take about 10 months.

From BCIS Philly Office Newsletter Number 8
http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/philadelphia/UpWin2002.pdf

Transferred today 05/28/03
RD 11/06/01
ND 12/10/01

How long it takes. Anybody any idea please

excel spreadsheet for philadelphia transfers.

I have been compiling cases transferred to Philadelphia BCIS to have some sort of statistics. Here is the updated copy. Let me know if you have any more info that might be relevant and I can just add it to this. Regards.

to MGM

Hi ,
One of my friend's dates are similar to yours did u hear from the VSC about the transfer yet? Please update thanks

still waiting

i'm still waiting too, anybody got approval or interview notice laterly?

my info:
RD: 10-09-01
ND: 11-26-01
FP: 02-05-02, 03-18-03
TD: 09-28-02

Let us cut the melon this way and see...

I propose let us cut the melon this way and see if there is anything that can help us make sense of this transfer issue:

Everyone can write their native country and see if there is a pattern, a commonality:

Mine is Turkey. How about you?

I am from india and EB3..

Looks like the Philadelphia center is one of the slowest in processing cases for interviews..

Anyone knows how they go by RD /ND /TD?

Have a new problem in my case..my current employer is laying off people..so i started applying for positions around..Got 1 contract position in CA and they have said that this is a long term project (confirmed) and the rate is also excellent ..i can work through a cousin's company on his payroll...

Problem is i have been working on EAD for the last 1 1/2 yr and also switched employer thru which the gc was applied..originally..

All guru's here can u advise me on this issue..

RD sept 10 2001
ND Nov 13 2001
TD Mar 03 2003