Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Got Interview notice

I have been following this thread for a while, Great job !
Thought I would share my info with you..
EB2-RIR
RD 8/5/2001
ND 9/2/2001
FP 10/12/2004
TD 12/6/2004
ID 4/26/2005
AD xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Question?

Hi,

I have my interview schedlued for 4/26/2005. I wanted to know if I need to take in my photos. Also, will the passport be stamped on that day if the interview is sucessful, or will have to just wait for plactic cards.

Responses will be appreciated..

-Red

How to Get IRS transcript?

For interview document, You guys always talk about
the tax return, can anyone tell me what kind of
information I need to provide and my guess is IRS transcript.
Please tell me how to get this kind of information? Thanks.

Congrats to Yuxin!

Hi Red,

I have the interview in the same day, 2pm. If you have an attorney he might have your photos since you applied for I485 (they usually ask for that). If you are not sure just take the photos with you. If everything is OK they will stamp your passport right there at the end of the interview. The plastic card seems to take 3-4 weeks these days ...
GL and maybe I'll see you there,
nemessis

red02 said:
Hi,

I have my interview schedlued for 4/26/2005. I wanted to know if I need to take in my photos. Also, will the passport be stamped on that day if the interview is sucessful, or will have to just wait for plactic cards.

Responses will be appreciated..

-Red

485 Approved after a breif interview at Philly

Hello Guys,

It was a brief interview for about 20 mins..The Officer was a Chinese i could hardly follow her .. anyways at the end all i understood that she approves the case..

All she asked was for EVL,Paystubs,2004 tax papers and few questions..
Good luck for all of you who have been waiting...

red 02 & nemessis,

For my interview, attorney stated that there is no need for photographs as USCIS will use the one originally submitted with the I-485. For my interview I did not take photographs and got the card in 2 weeks with the photographs that were neatly wrapped and attached to the application. The interviewing officer did not ask me for photographs.

I simply got tired of giving them my fingerprints and photographs.
Now, if you want to give your recent photograph that's fine, USCIS will use that.

sgi

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need only the W2s and the 1040s, PA40s etc ... never heard about anything else but I might be wrong. Anyway that's what I'm going to take with me at the interview, even if they asked only for paystubs,
nemessis

Philyjun said:

Congrats to Yuxin!

second fingerprint

Hi,
My case was transferred June last year. My 2nd fingerprint was done in Feburay this year. Does anybody know how long I need to wait to get interview?
Thank you.
PD:NIW 6/21/2002
RD:6/28/2002
TD:6/30/2004
ID?

Thanks for your reply.

sgi & nemesis,

Thanks for your reply. Nice to know that we don't need any more photos. That will save us some money!
Hope the journey ends here for all of us!

-Red
sgi said:
red 02 & nemessis,

For my interview, attorney stated that there is no need for photographs as USCIS will use the one originally submitted with the I-485. For my interview I did not take photographs and got the card in 2 weeks with the photographs that were neatly wrapped and attached to the application. The interviewing officer did not ask me for photographs.

I simply got tired of giving them my fingerprints and photographs.
Now, if you want to give your recent photograph that's fine, USCIS will use that.

sgi

hmmm ... I am surprised again by the Philly local office ... I thought you are already approved and left this tracker. It looks like they are moving toward Jan 05 TD with the interviews. My lawyer tells me that there is a big push now at Philly office to finish all the "old" cases - old meaning more that 3 months, so you should hear something soon abt your case,
nemessis

texan_pa said:
Hi,
My case was transferred June last year. My 2nd fingerprint was done in Feburay this year. Does anybody know how long I need to wait to get interview?
Thank you.
PD:NIW 6/21/2002
RD:6/28/2002
TD:6/30/2004
ID?

Hi Philyjun,

I agree! Never heard about a IRS transcript. Where did you hear about this?
As nemesis said, I think all you need would a your W2's (last three years if possible), and to be on a safe side your 1040s, state 40's.

nemessis said:
I think you need only the W2s and the 1040s, PA40s etc ... never heard about anything else but I might be wrong. Anyway that's what I'm going to take with me at the interview, even if they asked only for paystubs,
nemessis

Texanpa,

That's a long waiting. Mine was transferred to Philly in Nov 2004 and have ND in 2004. So maybe there is some waiting time for me too. However, Owen2003 got interview notice with a TD of Oct 2004. So I guess you should get your interview soon.

Congratulations to Yuxin and Shabbu77 and good luck to those who are going for interviews!

Bobbyren

Philyjun,

Following is what I took for the interview, as far as proving i pay my share of taxes.

Original W2 of past 7 years
Copies of 1040 that i keep for my records (for all years)
copies of PA-40 that i keep for my records (for all years)
Forms that you might have used if city tax is applicable to you.

Made copies of all the above and submitted to the interviewer. After verifying my original, the copies were filed/attached to my application.

Texan-PA,
Very surprised to see you still waiting. As nemessis stated i too heard the same from my attorney that the local office is working to clear old cases (unless he and I share the same lawyer). Maybe you should make a trip to the local office and if that does not help write to your senator/congressman.

I had written to my Congressman last Sept after my transfer, i got a response from them stating I should hear from Philly office in 6-9 months, if not I should get back to them.

Philyjun said:

Congrats to Yuxin!

One of those Latecomers, I am....... :)
Just happened to see your post during a casual visit...
The toll-free number to get your past year return transcripts from IRS for free is 1-800-TAX-1040

If you need any other information, I shall try to reply as much as possible..

Good luck...
V!

gc4us, Thank you very much!
is there any way we can get PA state tax copy. I think
I lost one year's copy of my PA stata tax file.
Thanks again!

question about name check

Hello, Everyone,

I found this web by accident. I realize it is helpfule to join the discussion. Please help me. I am a new one. Thank you!!

I have a question: The case transfered to Philly is still needed to do name check and how do you know you ar in the process of name check?

Thank you very much!!

nnepudem

All the application sent to INS, no matter if they are at a national center or local office will need a name check and fingerprint. This was discussed in many details in different threads, especially in the main I485 forum. Do a search for "name check" and you'll find the main threads with all the info you need,
nemessis

nnepudem said:
Hello, Everyone,

I found this web by accident. I realize it is helpfule to join the discussion. Please help me. I am a new one. Thank you!!

I have a question: The case transfered to Philly is still needed to do name check and how do you know you ar in the process of name check?

Thank you very much!!

nnepudem