Philadelphia Transfer Cases

I got my interview letter last Saturday. Here is the detail of my required docs:

You must bring originals and copies of the following documents:

Medical examination form I-693 in a sealed envelope
Affidavit of support form I-864 (with your tax returns for the last 3 years, w-2’s and current job letter)
certified court dispositions (for all arrests, no matter how long ago the arrest occurred)
2 color ADIT-Style photographs
Photo identification for yourself and your petitioner
Your employment authorization card
English translations of any foreign documents (use certified translators only)
Proof of legal entry into the united states, passport and /or proof of payment of I-485 supplement A.
Birth certificates for beneficiary, petitioner and all children
Marriage certificates(if married previously, proof of termination of all previous marriages)

My concern is:

1. the medical examination: I remember that I submitted it at the time when I applied for 485. Should I do it for the second time?

2. Both my husband and I have never been arrested, then we have no need to concern about 3—certified court dispositions, right?

3. I am the petitioner for this case, right?

4. about 7, what are these foreign documents?

5. what is proof of payment of I-485 supplement A?

Could anyone please answer me these questions if you have the experience? I really appreciate your time. Thanks alot.

TD: 7/30/04,
RD: 11/06/02

I got my interview letter as well! Scheduled in late April. the interview officer will be "B". If anyone would share your experiences with the particular officer, I will be most grateful. You will hear about my interview experience as soon as it is done... good luck all.

Hi you guys,

Really glad to see many of of you received interview notices recently. Philly office is really going forward. I think maybe I will be the next one. I will be surprised if that's true since I noticed that my I485 has the latest RD and ND (sep 2004). Just call FBI about my FP (sine no LUD change) and was told that them sent the result back to CIS on the same day I did in Feb.

Owen2003 and Boddam, how were your interviews going yesterday? Please share your experience with us.

Good luck to those who are going for interviews,

bobby

-------------------------------------------------
To windseeker: some of my thoughts to your questions

windseeker said:
I got my interview letter last Saturday. Here is the detail of my required docs:

You must bring originals and copies of the following documents:

Medical examination form I-693 in a sealed envelope
Affidavit of support form I-864 (with your tax returns for the last 3 years, w-2’s and current job letter)
certified court dispositions (for all arrests, no matter how long ago the arrest occurred)
2 color ADIT-Style photographs
Photo identification for yourself and your petitioner
Your employment authorization card
English translations of any foreign documents (use certified translators only)
Proof of legal entry into the united states, passport and /or proof of payment of I-485 supplement A.
Birth certificates for beneficiary, petitioner and all children
Marriage certificates(if married previously, proof of termination of all previous marriages)

My concern is:

1. the medical examination: I remember that I submitted it at the time when I applied for 485. Should I do it for the second time?
--You should have an original copy for yourself. I would suggest you take that one with you.

2. Both my husband and I have never been arrested, then we have no need to concern about 3—certified court dispositions, right?
-- I have the same question too. Is this really necessary for every case? I am sure most of us have not be arrested in past.

3. I am the petitioner for this case, right?
--I guesss so.

4. about 7, what are these foreign documents?
--I guess it means that if you have some documents in a foreign language, you need to have certified translation for them.

5. what is proof of payment of I-485 supplement A?
--I think that's for applicants who once was out of status and need to pay some money to apply for I485.

Could anyone please answer me these questions if you have the experience? I really appreciate your time. Thanks alot.

TD: 7/30/04,
RD: 11/06/02

My wife and I had interview yesterday and got our passport stamped.

We were called in together. Officer is a white man. He collected the employment verification letter, paystub, 3-year tax, and photos and asked the questions on 485 form. That's it. He told us our cases were the first two cases he approved. We were the 13th and the 14th cases he handled yesterday. My case is NIW. He mentioned many labor based cases were rejected because they are not currently available.

Hope this helpful.

Got Approved in pittsburgh-But not stamped

Today my gc got approved in pittsburgh local office, but the officer did not stamped on passport ,Ins officer told you will get approval notice in a mail with in a week,if we want to travel we can go for stamping otherwise she told me that you will get ur plastic card in 4 to 6 weeks.

Interview exp:

She asked just two payslips, address proof,w2s.
I have to wait for my approval letter.

Thanks

Congratulaions

Hello Owen2003 ...

First Of All Congratulations !!!!! Have fun...

What do u mean by "labor based cases were rejected because they are not currently available"????

Thanks,

Owen2003 said:
My wife and I had interview yesterday and got our passport stamped.

We were called in together. Officer is a white man. He collected the employment verification letter, paystub, 3-year tax, and photos and asked the questions on 485 form. That's it. He told us our cases were the first two cases he approved. We were the 13th and the 14th cases he handled yesterday. My case is NIW. He mentioned many labor based cases were rejected because they are not currently available.

Hope this helpful.

Plastic Cards

Hi,

I received welcome notices on 25th March'05 but I didn't received Plastic Cards. My case is Approved and stamped on 03/11/05 in Philly Office.
Please let me know.

Thanks

shabbu77 said:
Hello Owen2003 ...

First Of All Congratulations !!!!! Have fun...

What do u mean by "labor based cases were rejected because they are not currently available"????

Thanks,

He mentioned that based on new regulation, many old cases were considered as “expired” and will be treated as new cases and wait for a certain time. The new regulation just affects labor based cases (the 3rd category).

I guess what you mean is that there were EB3 cases from IND/CHN/PHI which were subject of the retrogression. In this case they will be interviewed again when their PD will become current ... or maybe approved directly then, since they were already interviewed.

Owen2003 said:
He mentioned that based on new regulation, many old cases were considered as “expired” and will be treated as new cases and wait for a certain time. The new regulation just affects labor based cases (the 3rd category).

Last edited by a moderator:
nemessis said:
I guess what you mean is that there were EB3 cases from IND/CHN/PHI which were subject of the retrogression. In this case they will be interviewd again when their PD will become current.

Yes.

Interview.......

Friends,

Interview done on April 4th, the officer asked the current employment offer letter, salary slips for three months and W2's for last two years, that's it but unfortunately he told my priority date is June 2nd, 2002 but now the current date is April 1st, 2002, as soon as the dates are moved then he is going to approve my case.... The overall experience I am tensed for the interview but luckily everything is cool but not stamped until my date is current so again tension for this and waiting for that and spending tooooooo much time on the Internet to browse the experiences and reading all the INS articles etc.....

Any idea when the dates will move or how many moths will take to complete my entire Green card process. Please let me know, any ideas are suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you all.

Boddam

Don't worry too much, when they initially announced the retrogression, the PD was Jan 2002, after a few weeks became April, my guess is that in several weeks you'll get the approval notice with the invitation to go for stamping. Congrats to both you and Owen.
nemessis

Boddam said:
Friends,

Interview done on April 4th, the officer asked the current employment offer letter, salary slips for three months and W2's for last two years, that's it but unfortunately he told my priority date is June 2nd, 2002 but now the current date is April 1st, 2002, as soon as the dates are moved then he is going to approve my case.... The overall experience I am tensed for the interview but luckily everything is cool but not stamped until my date is current so again tension for this and waiting for that and spending tooooooo much time on the Internet to browse the experiences and reading all the INS articles etc.....

Any idea when the dates will move or how many moths will take to complete my entire Green card process. Please let me know, any ideas are suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you all.

Boddam

EB3 retrogression

Hey Boddam and other EB3 fellows,

I did some research and found the following:

Calendar Priority Date
--------------------------
Jan05 Jan01, 2002
Feb05 Jan01, 2002
Mar05 Mar01, 2002
Apr05 Apr01, 2002

Unfortunate and painful as it has already been, we will have to suffer even more to wait for the priority date to "mature". For you (Boddam), it would likely be in July (*knock on wood -- God forbid further BCIS delays*), just in time to celebrate the "Independence" Day .

Last edited by a moderator:
nemessis said:
Don't worry too much, when they initially announced the retrogression, the PD was Jan 2002, after a few weeks became April, my guess is that in several weeks you'll get the approval notice with the invitation to go for stamping. Congrats to both you and Owen.
nemessis

Nemessis,

Thank you so much for your sweet response, hope your email information will come true soon. Thank you.

Boddam

Everyone,
I updated the tracker and looks
like mysekf and bobbyren are only one left
and waiting for the interview letter.
Good luck for all with ongioing interview
and please keep post your experience and
make this forum alive.

Thanks.

Interview Letter

Philyjun said:
Everyone,
I updated the tracker and looks
like mysekf and bobbyren are only one left
and waiting for the interview letter.
Good luck for all with ongioing interview
and please keep post your experience and
make this forum alive.

Thanks.
Hi philijun,

If you want to get the Interview letter Just call service center tell them ,Since 60 days no response from philly office they will send queary to philly office,even i got like that and other people too.

Thx

suryapet Thanks!
Can you give me more information like which number should I call
and also your experience of this kind of call ?
Thanks again!

One week has passed since last thread. You guys have any news?

Could suryapet or some other guys answer philyjun's question? What's your experience?

Thanks and enjoy the beautiful weekend,
bobbyren

Philyjun said:
suryapet Thanks!
Can you give me more information like which number should I call
and also your experience of this kind of call ?
Thanks again!

card received.

Today received plastic cards.
Yesterday received 6 welcome notices. Yes, you heard it right, 6 welcome notices for my wife and myself. What a warm welcome ;)

Anyway, glad my journey ends well. Thanks and good luck to you all!