Philadelphia SESA Tracker

moved to dol

Hi Friends,

My case was filed at state on May 11th, 2001 and few days back, got an email from attorney stating that, state forwarded to DOL.

Hope this info will help.

Tx for your updates -- it was a great help to check my status.

Regards

mine too moved to DOL

mine is filed on may 9 th 2001 at Philly SESA , Now it moved to DOL, Thanks for the people for keeping this thread alive

Reply for Karns - H1B 7th yr ext

Karns,
The foll. is from www.fan-law.com

""As regular readers are aware, the American Competitiveness in the Twenty First Century Act (AC21), in certain circumstances, allows persons in H1B status to obtain extensions of that status beyond the six-year period (usually referred to as "seventh-year extensions"). Sections 106(a) and (b) of AC21 set forth the following two requirements for such extensions: first, a labor certification application must have been filed for the person at least one year prior; and, second, either the I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) must also have been filed and be pending or approved, or else the I-485 must be pending. In those cases that do not require the filing of a labor certification, like the national interest waiver cases, the I-140 must have been filed a year prior and the I-140 or the I-485 must be pending.""

The important part is the "AND" between the above two conditions.

On first reading this, I was like ..How the hell can one file for I-140 while still waiting for LC approval and here is what I came up with as an example - Someone who has his LC approved might NOT qualify for the 7th yr ext according to the above two conditions:
H1B - 6 yrs expire Dec 2003; applied for LC, say, Feb 2003 and LC approved Oct 2003 and still waiting for 140 approval - in this case, even though his LC has been approved, since it was filed less than a year back at the time of 6yr limit expiry, he CANNOT apply for 7th yr ext.

You SHOULD talk to your lawyer IMMEDIATELY and confirm these rules.

Thanks

Thanks You for replying to my querry. I appreciate it. I talked to lawyer and lawyer needs to obtain a letter from SESA since Philly do not issue a receipt. As for the rules, mine is pending for over an year now and not approved PD is June 2001

Current RIR Date?

Hey Guys !

I have 2 questions for trackGC and and Jaihind2. First of all congrats on clearing the state level.

1. My application was received by SESA on May 7, 2001 - EB2, RIR. If the 9th and 11th May have been processed how come mine still hasn't? When my lawyer called SESA they said they are doing the first week of May currently. Doesn't make sense to me.
Has anyone else heard anything about the current processing date for RIR apps?

2. Did both your lawyers get notification of the state level approval and forwarding of the application to federal level? My lawyer says SESA does not intimate the lawyer about this. They only come to know when the federal level sends the final approval.

Thanks.:)

Fast GC

Hi All,

I have been following this forum and have seen the frustations that every one of you are undergoing. I have recently joined a company which has branches in Wisconsin and is very actively filing GC. Irrespective of the consultant's current location, it can be done from Wisconsin. It is current in that state and LC is expected in 2-3 months. If anyone of you are interested, please contact at this email address

ordatabase@hotmail.com

hi neerajv,

Here are the answers for your questions

1. I don't know about current processing dates, but mine is may 9th 2001 , EB2, RIR

2. My lawyer got acceptance of application receipt from the federal DOL on march 13th.

I hope this info will help, best of luck

Philly Sesa phone no?

Anybody have any idea whaz the automated system in philly sesa says?

Please pass on the phone number..

what's the latest?

Hi all,
I have been watching this forum for a long time. Thanx for all the members who provide useful info.

My GC Labor was filed on 21st May 2001. I know they are processing May, but not sure which date. have read couple of posts that people with filing dat of 7th and 9th May getting approved in the month of March.

Could anybody else who applied in May 2001 and got approved post their status. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx,
Jay.

Philly SESA approved

My Case was approved by Philly SESA and was recd by Philly DOL on 4/7/2003. My priority date is 05/10/2001.

Good luck!

got my LC approval last week

Hi all ,
I got my LC approval last week..
.My Filing Dates r -
August 17th 2002 Receipt Date ..delaware
State Approval on 11/21/2002
Feb 19th Remand Issued to State about missing advertisement..State Submitted the advertisement on 04/09/2003
LC Approved on 04/11/2003....
All the best..c u in 140/485 forum..

Dear Friends,

I applied for Delaware Federal labor in July/lastweek/2002.
It has been approved last week !

It tool almost one year to get my labor work, I did a major mistake when I gave my paper work to American lawyer in FEB 2002 she applied in Regular process (NON-RIR) case most of them got labour in 6 months after they applied in RIR case but for me it took 1 year to get approval.

And I don't want to make a big mistake again, I am ready to take risk and want to apply for consulate process.... Can any one of you expain me how it works and How I should apply for it without delay...

I have to apply for I-140 next week, Do you advice me going through Consulate Process or Regualar process in USA. I am ready to take risk in going to India for Consulate process.

My friends told me that if good to apply I-140 and it seems it takes 3 months to get approval and then go to India and apply for i-485 in the same day in the consulate process. Is this true??

Since we people suffer a lot from this US Immigration. Is always better to take advice from your experiences and that's why I also what to exchange my hard feelings for the last 8 months for this mistake I did with my Attorney !...

Thanks a lot and Good Luck for Every one !
Please reply to my questions if you have time.

I remember someone's consular processing being rejected because there was a credit card fraud case in his name even though it is resolved. He went to get stamping in India and got stuck there. Another friend is also waiting for a long time (> 1 year) in consular processing, it is definitely not faster...