Philadelphia SESA Tracker

Any hope at all

I've been watching this thread since it was started (Auguest 2002?). Having a priority date of April 2002 makes me feel unnecessary to make any comment while people are still waiting for their May 2001 PD's to be cleared from SESA.
However, it is devastating to have waited for almost one year to see that Philly SESA has advanced one month. Does this mean I will have mine processed 11 years later? (Or at least as it implies scientificly?)
I don't know what I can do except shouting in this forum once. Seems like only people who have May/2001-Sept/2001 PD's are really saying something in this forum. What about all the people after Sept/2001? I guess people who speak out here have at least hope. I and all the other people who are in 2002 simply don't have hope.
This isn't going anywhere. F Philly SESA, F INS.

Hi,

I applied my VA State labor in 10/2001 (EB3). Sent to Phily DOL on 1/2003. Phily sent back to SESA regarding the Requirement of new advertising for the job in 3/2003.

Now VA Sesa says they notified my laywer for the new job advertisement clipping.

My Quesion:

1. Once they receive the new advertisement response from my lawyer, what is the usual process take place?

2. In this scenario, do I have to start the process from the beginning or they SESA will verify the lawyer's response and forward it to PHILY DOL?

3. Once Phily DOL Receive the response, how do they process? Do I have to wait again in the queue or they will give some preference?

I am desperatly looking for answer for my above queries. Thanks in advance for you guys taking some time to respond.

Thanks

Re: Any hope at all

April2002,

I sincerely agree with you, fxxx philly sesa. These guys just screwed it up. And there is nothing else than to keep our hopes alive at this point.

Hope ?

April2002 and 2fast4u,

I think we have some hope.....The Philly SESA seems to be handling mid may cases....is'nt this an improvement....I guess there should not be anymore 245(i) cases hindering us anymore...

Also heard Philly SESA has distributed May 2001 - Dec 2001 cases to Harrisburgh, pittsburgh etc....

any news on may processing...does anyone know where in May is philly sesa these days.

appreciate ur reply.

RFE for June 1

Hi Guys,

This is the first time I am posting a message. I have been a silent spectator/reader of this forum.

My case was filed on June 1st and today my employer received a RFE about wages from phillysesa.

If anyone has gone through this kind of RFE please do share your experience as what happens next and how long does it take from here onwards.

You guys are doing a great job sharing your status and experience. Keep up the good work.

Thanks

PhillyJune1

Status of Non-RIR cases ???

Any one has any idea about the status of Non-RIR cases thro' Philly .. Has the processing moved into May 2001 for cases filed in the regular category ??? All the posts seem to talk about RIR cases ... :(

My case sent to Phiily in NON-EB3 case on July Last week and received Dt 1st week on August, I got Labour certifed on 2 nd week of April..

Good luck man......Don't follow the link of workforsecurity...it sucks??:D

Did you check dates on www.Doleta.gov

Philadelphia SESA has moved to Oct - 2001. Can this be true. It's amazing that they have been stuck at May for 4 months and then suddenly they move to October.
I just came to know about someone who got approval for Sept 2001 and also a friend who filed in May 2001 has not heard anything yet.

Hey Sujay, have you rec'd anything yet?? You should be quite close to beeing approved.

Mr. Mohit, Pls stop this BS. You guys make me sick.

DOL's website shows current date as Oct/2001 as current date but this site shows May/2001 as current date.

Which one to trust?

Wait for a day or so and then check this site for dates.

Krishna_ps : Can you tell me which year you case was filed and when it reached DOL information.

Thx

SESA approved

Hi guys,
My RIR case was received by DOL on 03/20/2003. It was filed on 05/21/2001.

Good luck to you all.

Philly SESA Dates

Just an update for all the guys who are wondering what's happening. My lawyer's office spoke to Philly SESA. Since they were too backlogged, the began distributing their work to other SESAs.

June applications were sent to Pittsburgh, July to Harrisburg and so on. They jumped directly to october as a result. They still held on to all the may applications. Mine was filed on 7th May and they have requested some more information on the case from the lawyer. It is not yet forwarded to DOL. So they still have some May cases open. Other cities are processing cases faster so those whose applications were forwarded to Harrisburg etc. have gotten approved before those who filed in May. It's all luck I guess.

Best of Luck to those still waiting !

Hi Guys,

My Recevied date in Philly Sesa was 2dn week of May2001 and got approved about a week ago and sent to Philly DOL. It was a RIR case.

So those who have May date can check Philly DOL automated phone message system for any new case recevied at their end for your company. Check PhiliDOL link for more informatiom.

Good luck to all of you.

April 2002 case processed (Philly SESA)

In fact, my lawyer told me that my case was forwarded to and processed by either Pittsburg or Harrisburg SESA.
Thanks to Randell for making the decision of sending Philly SESA cases to other SESA's.

april2002

april2002,

Are you sure your case is forwarded for processing? Mine was filed in Sept 2001 and I haven't heard a thing!! and yours being April 2002 is processed? Doesn't make sense at all...

Yes. SESA has checked my application and required my application be re-submitted because my salary did not meet the prevailing wage requirement.

wage query

April2002,
I got the same RFE.What did you/your lawyer do ? How long should it take once lawyer replies to RFE, any idea?
PhillyJune1

Sept 2001 SESA cleared...

Finally I heard about my case, it's out of SESA and gone to DOL. But since my company was bought over, the company name needs to be changed, and I might loose the priority date. With the Visa bulletin showing everything current, that shouldn't be a problem right? Anyone who went throught this? Thoughts??

RFE for wage

In answer to your question about the salary not being enough to meet the minimum wage for that position. Mine was returned for the same reason. My lawyer's office rep. told me that since they are processing applications from May 2001 now (almost 2 years ago) there are bound to be many cases where the salary mentioned in the form (that was being paid 2 years ago) will be less than the current prevailing wage that SESA is comparing against. Apparently, you have to put in the current salary that you are earning (it cannot be more than 5 % lower than the prevailing wage for your position or SESA will not approve). Then an internal notice has to be put up within your organization for 10 days and if nobody objects, the application can be refiled. It will go by the original priority date. Typically SESA approves it soon after.

Thanks neerajv for the clarification. Hope that you have answered the question that PhillyJune1 had for me (which I wouldn't have a better answer anyway). My company is posting the notice right now and hopefully when my application is re-submitted 10 days later, it won't take long to get approved by SESA.