Philadelphia SESA Tracker

I spoke to my lawyer last week or so regarding my status. He said they have not reached my case yet. I wanted him to find out where am I in the queue. He said he will keep track of the case and let me know if it moves to DOL. I am somehow apprehensive that he might not be following up closely on the case. I will let you guys know if I hear anything.

Am I the only person in this thread with RD of 1st May2001?

Has anybody looked at the "Let's stop being nice" Thread in the portal? Many guys were complaining about 245(i) slowing their paper work and Rajiv Khanna agreed to write to the SESAs - please look that up and provide your inputs - Our applications have been sitting in cold storage at Philly SESA for 1.5yrs now:(

Phila SESA

Hi Guys,

My application RD at the Philadelphia SESA is Feb 19th. Any idea how much more I have to wait for it to go to the next stage?.:confused:

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx,

Rania

My RD is Oct 2001 and my lawyer sent me an e-mail saying that it will be "several" months before they start processing my paper work - looks like its going to be a pretty looooong wait unfortunately.

I called Philly SESA sometime back and here is what they told me - the 245(i) applicants sent in skeleton applications so that they could meet the April 30, 2001 deadline - so, Philly SESA is generating lot of paper work to get more info from these guys and this process is slowing things up a lot and this will affect all processing for some time to come - so, even as I am happy that they have moved to May 2001 for RIR I am not very convinced that things are going to move at a good pace. Of course, the next 2-3 months are going to be crucial to see at what speed they are processing papers and that will give us a good enough idea as to when our application processing might start.

I am wondering that it has been 1 month that they have moved into May 01 at Phily SESA and we have'nt even heard of any movement even for 1st May or the 1st week of May. This seems to be even slower than April 01 with 245(i). Dont know if they want us to wait for another 1 year on May 01 :(

I haven't heard anything from my lawyer yet. I am not sure if there was any work done in Govt offices after thanksgiving.

Hope things move faster in Jan. Have a Good New Year!!

I spoke with them yesterday and still thay are in May01 2001.
Hope we will have some good news this year.

My RD is May 1st. I am not sure if there is any way of checking where my app stands in the queue. I spoke to my lawyer and he mentioned that we just have to wait till it clears SESA and goes to DOL.

:rolleyes:

I have been advised against calling SESA since they have just one guy working on all cases!!! The guy who is working on cases, is the one who answers the phone also.

I think I will anyway call him next week. I just do not want my lawyer to get caught napping.

Patience!

I think kans is right. I was strongly advised against calling the philly SESA by my lawyer. They have a very lean staff and they don't want to get disturbed. Per my lawyer they are processing May 01 RIR. The hint I get is they will be done with May in about 2-3 months.
Patience and Prayers, Guys. letz all hang in there.

PhillyAug,

Did your lawyer say that May will be done in 2-3 months. Sounds pretty optimistic. Its more than 2 months and May1st is not over yet.

My Lawyer just replied that they have'nt reached my case yet.

Bad news

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Just call Philly SESA a few minutes ago. The situation is as follows: they reached May 1 2001 for RIR cases ~ 2 months ago, but they stopped processing them, because everybody (there are only 3 persons working for SESA, if you can imagine that such a stupid thing is possible, for a few thousand cases they had) is working now for NON-RIR. And guess what: even a month ago they said that they have ~600 cases left, now they have ~1200.:confused: I double-checked with my lawyer who confirmed the story. Again, no idea from them when all this stupid situation will end. I think only a miracle will make these guys to do their job like they are suppose to do it.

I saw the people from Maryland submitting a petition to theirs senators to do something with the SESA mess. Maybe we should think about doing something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi sl19143 and all..

I am surprised to know they have stopped processing RIR. I would have thought they have some kind of sequencing to follow.

Any idea when they would start RIR again. Did they process any May1st RIR at all?

They will start RIR again when they'll finish April 2001, NON-RIR, but it is only a guess. That explains why they didn't do any progress with May 2001 cases in the last 2 months.

The philly SESA is a shame! My only hope now is PERM in July 2003. Did you notice the Philadelphia DOL is also backing up? Guys, I think we should start discussing about PERM.....anyone has any idea about it.......read in Murthy.com that PERM takes only 21 days........

Letz hang in there !

There is new thread in this forum - "Forum on Special Registration" - 3rd post in this thread has a Petition about "Backlogs in Labor Certificatio Processing",

I sined in myself, Friends pls check this out.

Good Luck!!!!!!