Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

I Just called my Attorney office .... they told me they recieved my letter a week back and they faxed the reply on the same day.

Received 45 day letter

Hi guys,

I discovered on Friday of last week that Philadelphia BEC had sent the 45 day letter out to my company, but not to my lawyer! I don't know how that is possible, but my attorney claims that he has not received it. Anyway, in that letter they have also asked for some additional information. I wonder if that is a good or a bad thing. Anyone has any clues?

By the way, my case details are:
EB-3/RIR
PD:2/19/2002
Philly DOL received:7/16/2003

Any response will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Rania

SN4GC said:
I Just called my Attorney office .... they told me they recieved my letter a week back and they faxed the reply on the same day.

SN4GC,

Can you share your case info please?

Hope the following my earlier posts help you. If you need any additional help please let me know.

TSE_US said:
Here is the text as it is from the BPC letter we got.
"Only one response with corrections from either the representative or the employer is to be sent.NO EXTENSION OF TIME WILL BE GRANTED.

You must respond to each issue on the corrcetions list in one complete response. Your response must be returned to the center by February 11,2005 along with the Selection of Continuation Option Letter"

TSE_US said:
In my case BPC asked us to provide official documents that establish the employer applicant as a bona fide business entity.
Here the list of official documents provided to BPC from my attorney.
1)New Jersy Department of State Certificate of Incorporation.
2)New Jersy Commerce & Economic Growth Commission Certification
3)United States Internal Revenue Service Letter of Acknowledgement of form for election as small business corporation
4)New Jersy State Treasurer's Certificate of Employee Information Report.

rania said:
Hi guys,

I discovered on Friday of last week that Philadelphia BEC had sent the 45 day letter out to my company, but not to my lawyer! I don't know how that is possible, but my attorney claims that he has not received it. Anyway, in that letter they have also asked for some additional information. I wonder if that is a good or a bad thing. Anyone has any clues?

EB-3/RIR

Thanks,

Rania

Additional info for member Rania ...

Hi Rania,

Some more additional info from the member yours_sincerely from other thread

yours_sincerely said:
Hi HeySanjeev,
I had a similar case. Here is what I submitted:
1. Failed Existense Check: Employer's address does not reference back to employer's name : For this we sent a copy of our MARYLAND EMPLOYER RETURN OF INCOME TAX WITHHELD form (Form MW506) that contains our Federal Employment Identification Number followed by our Maryland Tax Account Number.

2. Failed Existence Check: Employer's phone number does not reference back to employer's name : For this, we enclosed a copy of our recent telephone bill for that phone number.

All this was sent with a cover letter mentioning that our company was bona-fide and we are into so & so business for last x years. We also sent across a company brochure and a contact no. where they can talk to us if they had any questions.
I hope this helps.

rania said:
Hi guys,

EB-3/RIR

Thanks,

Rania

Rania

How did you get this information?
My lawyer (who in my opinion is quite a bad buy) doesn't seem to get anywhere when she tries to get information about my case and the expected letter when she calls the DOL.
I'd really appreciate it if you could point me to specifics about how to get information from the DOL.

thanks-
spidey

Just checked with my lawyer, no letter yet. But he said he anticipates to get the letter in 20-30 days.

Don't know what is the logic behind his anticipation.

My Friend received 45 days letter

My Friend received 45 letters from BEC.

His case detail:

VA SESA RD - 12/09/2002
Phil RD - 06/10/2004

BEC Letter RD-01/25/2005

spidey said:
Rania

How did you get this information?
My lawyer (who in my opinion is quite a bad buy) doesn't seem to get anywhere when she tries to get information about my case and the expected letter when she calls the DOL.
I'd really appreciate it if you could point me to specifics about how to get information from the DOL.

thanks-
spidey

My lawyer is equally inapt. Any help in getting information from DOL will be mcuh appreciated

Thanks,
M

My Attoreny also same

My attorny also not doing enough to contact DOL for my LC. When I usally called time to time, he simply denied we can not do anything it upto DOL how long this process will take. Once I asked him what about if it will take another 5 year what will you do, will you simply wait and wait? He replied yes we have to.

What I understand all this attorney kind affraid too much to DOL. They do not have guts to even call or complain.

We all here in receiving end have wait for their mercy. And the reason is why you come to America and why are you taking part in development of our economy and country?

BEC Update from other thread

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Here is what i have read from murthy.com

Update on Backlog Elimination Centers
=====================================
©MurthyDotCom
The meeting began with a Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) update. There are the two BECs in Philadelphia, PA and Dallas, TX, as well as two "satellite" backlog centers - New York, NY (with Boston, MA) and San Francisco, CA. The two satellites will stay open for approximately another year. The oldest cases from the regional offices are at the BECs. OPEN CASES AT THE REGIONS ARE NOT MOVING TO THE BECs. Each BEC has approximately 200 contract staff members. The federal staff moved to the BECs from the regional offices will make all final case decisions.
©MurthyDotCom
San Francisco had the largest volume of backlog cases, so 10,000 of their cases went to Dallas and 10,000 to Philadelphia. The DOL is using UPS for backlog shipments. The contract staff from Exceed Corporation is responsible for getting all of the cases moved to their proper locations. The current expectation is that there are an additional 200,000 cases from the states beyond those moved from the regions.
©MurthyDotCom
As of January 4, 2005, only 17 states had sent their backlogged cases that were due on December 31, 2004. This is approximately 24,000 cases. Larger states are slower because they have more cases to box.

This answers that why some cases are not getting love letters

VA PD : 31-oct-2002
Phil DOL : June 25 2004
EB2 RIR

Did not recv'd love letter yet

What is open case?

What is open case. My case transfered to philly 07/23/04.
How do I know if my case is open case?

I'm new member. I'm glad to join with this forum.
I'm not good at writing english. Please, beg your pardon.

First of all, thank rsiv for your info.

I called that number(484-270-1596) yesterday and I checked my status.

I found a curious thing.
The thing is my case number is changed. 1.5 years ago, my lawyer told me case number of LC. When my case was in SWA, I checked that number which isn't changed.

I couldn't check using old case number, and so i checked to use employer's phone number. They told me my case number and status.

my case number is changed. What happen to me?
I don't know where my case is Philly DOL or Philly BEC.

I didn't still get love letter.

Please, give me your advice.

Thanks.

My SWA's PD : 01/02/2003
Philly's PD : 06/2?/2004
State : VA (RIR, EB-3)

rsiv said:
Guys,

I have this number for status checks and contacting DOL office

+1 (484) 270-1596 DOL Status line
+1- (484) -270-1500 Reception

rookie26 said:
I'm new member. I'm glad to join with this forum.
I'm not good at writing english. Please, beg your pardon.

First of all, thank rsiv for your info.

I called that number(484-270-1596) yesterday and I checked my status.

I found a curious thing.
The thing is my case number is changed. 1.5 years ago, my lawyer told me case number of LC. When my case was in SWA, I checked that number which isn't changed.

I couldn't check using old case number, and so i checked to use employer's phone number. They told me my case number and status.

my case number is changed. What happen to me?
I don't know where my case is Philly DOL or Philly BEC.

I didn't still get love letter.

Please, give me your advice.

Thanks.

My SWA's PD : 01/02/2003
Philly's PD : 06/2?/2004
State : VA (RIR, EB-3)

Most likely your case has been entered into the system by the BEC, which has given you the new case number. I think you will get the letter soon...just my guess..

orissa said:
What is open case. My case transfered to philly 07/23/04.
How do I know if my case is open case?

I posted my conversation with BEC lady, today on the other forum...here is the crux

According to her..ALL cases even if they had been received at Phili regional prior to opening of BEC (i asked specifically, mentioning that my case was received in Sep 03), will receive a letter. She explicitly said no processing in Phili regional is going on...(now i didnt ask if other Regional offices were processing open cases)
She also said..they are trying to go by older cases first...but not able to maintain this "perfectly".ALL cases will receive a new case number.
I again asked..."My case is an OPEN case or no?"..She said..every single case in will receive a letter...They will try to have some online checking status by the end of this month..according to her...

If we go by her comments, you should eventually go to the BEC, my case she was explicit (sept 03 at phili regional)..will be in BEC..some day.. But again I have never figured out what an open case is...Earlier I used to think that if the State office has acted on the case and forwarded it to Regional, that would be open...can't say anymore..

M