Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

orissa said:
I called this moring hotline number, and I asked some question to that lady.

1 - In what order they are sending 45 days letters?

A - To be honest with you there is no order in printing those lettres.
Those application feed into system are generating letters. We still
at data process for new aplication prior to 1/1/2005.

2- When are you going to process after receiving reply from 45 days letters?
Will you process immediately or will wait reply for all 310,000 cases.

A - No will not wait for all cases reply, we will process immediately after
receiving reply from employer or attorney.

3 - So when we will expect some approval in near future?

A - In fact the First batch of process will be next two week.

4 - That means you are saying there will be many approval in next week?

A - Yes. But I can't say that many approval or many NOF (Notice of Findings).

Thank you every one for their patience and hope.

Thanks orissa, for the update. My guess is that they are opening boxes of cases randomly and hence data entry is being done randomly. Since they are generating letters as soon as data entry is done, we are noticing a random pattern of receiving 45-letters from Philly BEC. Maybe this theory explains it.

Really disturbing.

That means, they will start processing the cases, for which 45 days letters were sent. What about the cases, which were filed in the year 2001 and 2002 and not sent 45 days letter.

And another thing, we do not know, where our case status is. Some people, who started their processing in 2004 got 45 days letter and older were not.

It is totally a mockery.

SRK

BEC should consider having a web page where we can enter the new Philly BEC case number and get the status of our case....similar to what USCIS is currently using. We should also receive an automated e-mail when the case status changes.

I don't believe it is that expensive to build a online case tracking system. (Exceed corporation was awarded $16 million as BEC contract and I am sure they can afford to spend a small portion of this money to establish a online case tracking system similar to USCIS). If they cannot afford to it, some of us who are programmers could volunteer to build an online case tracking web application. :)

At least then we won't call our lawyers and bug them frequently regarding case status....

orissa said:

Thanks for the update Orissa. That means those who have received letters can expect update on their cases soon, hmmm... we will see how that goes.

PA contact number

I got a number for PA -215 861 5286 to check the status of the pending application. But this number seems to be unanswered...anybody got any new number?

felixjose said:
I got a number for PA -215 861 5286 to check the status of the pending application. But this number seems to be unanswered...anybody got any new number?

FYI...That number stopped working many months ago...No use trying to call that number.

That is not a good news for those of us who are waiting since 2001

orissa said:

I tell you this is not fair. we are screwed up all these years (2001) and still there is no end. So there is no advatage with PD date but at the mercy of these id*** :mad:

srkotturu said:
That means, they will start processing the cases, for which 45 days letters were sent. What about the cases, which were filed in the year 2001 and 2002 and not sent 45 days letter.

And another thing, we do not know, where our case status is. Some people, who started their processing in 2004 got 45 days letter and older were not.

It is totally a mockery.

SRK

OK, so what do you want? you want them to wait for all boxes are opened and ally cases are entered and all letters are sent and 45-days passed and then start to process the cases???

That will be an infinite wait!

I'm glad to hear that they will start to process the case. the more approvals, then less backlogs, the short to wait overall. As soon as an older case is opened, it will cut into the top of the processing queue. Who knows the box that has your case in it is opened when we are typing here.

I assume all you want is to get you case processed ASAP, then what harms you if a 2004 case get approved before you? as long as the overall process is faster so you get approved earlier then grand waiting process.

BTW, I'm not a 2004 filer!

kennethxu said:
OK, so what do you want? you want them to wait for all boxes are opened and ally cases are entered and all letters are sent and 45-days passed and then start to process the cases???

That will be an infinite wait!

I'm glad to hear that they will start to process the case. the more approvals, then less backlogs, the short to wait overall. As soon as an older case is opened, it will cut into the top of the processing queue. Who knows the box that has your case in it is opened when we are typing here.

I assume all you want is to get you case processed ASAP, then what harms you if a 2004 case get approved before you? as long as the overall process is faster so you get approved earlier then grand waiting process.

BTW, I'm not a 2004 filer!
It is the term "fair" DOL has been talking about all along, sir. According to your logic, if you withdraw your case, the backlog will be shortened by one and the overall process will be faster. Everyone here will cheer for you.

mamamiax said:
I tell you this is not fair. we are screwed up all these years (2001) and still there is no end. So there is no advatage with PD date but at the mercy of these id*** :mad:

Philly region was doing all fine just 5 weeks before my case should be process. Then this damn BEC thing started and there is no single movement in 18 months while other regions are still approving cases. is this fair??

kennethxu said:
Philly region was doing all fine just 5 weeks before my case should be process. Then this damn BEC thing started and there is no single movement in 18 months while other regions are still approving cases. is this fair??
What do you want?

Just to make it clear

I wrote my earlier post out of frustration. I am not against the way they are adjudicating the cases. My priority date is Feb'02 and I haven't received any letter. Most of my colleagues, who filed earlier and later to me are in the final stages of green card processing, means, they filed their 485 and some of them got their GCs.

I am frustrated because I am not getting any information about my case. I visited the DOL/BEC at least three times so far and they have not provided any info.

I would like make it clear, even if they approve the cases of 2004, there will not be any effect on my case due to priority dates issue.

Hope I made it clear.

SRK.

I agree with kennethxu

Yes, some processing is better than no processing. The lesser the backlog the better. I do understand the frustration of 2001 filers but then see the brighter side. Once your case is opened you need wait like the BEC letter recd guys to know when they will get to your case and you would have the data basically on how long it will take for your case. Also the guys who got the letter are going to face the "Acid test" of approval with the new guys processing which would be fine tuned on after a while. Every side is green, so let us not look at which is greener but feel happy that we are able to see green pastures unlike before - brown pastures(no processing at all) :)

pennwaiting said:
It is the term "fair" DOL has been talking about all along, sir. According to your logic, if you withdraw your case, the backlog will be shortened by one and the overall process will be faster. Everyone here will cheer for you.
According to your logic, you feel so bad if a 2004 case gets approved before you. You would rather to wait years more as long as nobody is happier then you do. Fine, I understand you very well!

Last edited by a moderator:
pennwaiting said:
What do you want?
nothing expect I wish everybody's case get approved ASAP. Including mine, yours, 2001s as well as 2004s. If 2004 case got approved before mine, fine, god bless him.

I'm not against anybody. But isn't this pathetic? We are even arguing among ourselves. Everybody probably already realized that there is no fairness in the process whatsoever. Unfairness? What about the biggest irony brought into this FIFO rule by PERM?

Why hurt another person that's in the same boat with you? Please cool down.

Calm down folks...

Folks,

Calm down. We are argueing something imaginary. How many times we heard DOL saying that...Philly cases First...SFO Case First...Philly+SFO Cases together...whole FIFO...** etc.

My personal opinion is if they start processing any application that would be great. I know that would be in-justice to some (including me) who haven't got their so-called 'love' letters but that should be for very short duration.

Cheers,
MD2001