Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

orissa said:
I called that hotline number and talk to a Lady.

1- She ask me what your receipt date on letter send from Philadelphia DOL?

2- I said July 26, 2004 (Note Phily DOL receipt date different then SWA
receipt date)

3- She told me they are sending letters those LC received at Phily DOL
by 2003.

4- Moreover she told me your letter will take another 5 to 6 months, because
my receipt date at Phily DOL is July 26, 2004.

I hope this will help everyone.

Orissa: Thanks for the update. Brings me to the same Q I asked earlier:"

So once they end the letters out and the lawyers respond back, I would like to see when Philly DOL/BEC approves these cases. I hope they dont wait for all the letters to be sent out and replied back before starting to work on the cases. I hope there is separate staff dedicated towards sending the letters and for processing/approving the cases.

dcmetro22042 said:
Orissa: Thanks for the update. Brings me to the same Q I asked earlier:"

So once they end the letters out and the lawyers respond back, I would like to see when Philly DOL/BEC approves these cases. I hope they dont wait for all the letters to be sent out and replied back before starting to work on the cases. I hope there is separate staff dedicated towards sending the letters and for processing/approving the cases.

I don't think anyone has answer to that question yet, I guess we will just have to wait for the right time and see how things proceed and hope for the best.

The BEC letters might be random

Hi guys,
I just talked to my lawyer's office and here is what they had to say. I asked them if they have started receiving any letters from BED and she replied in the affirmative. Then, I asked her if there was any way to find out if they were receiving letters only for cases moved to Phily in 2003 and before and she said they have been receiving lettters for all periods (including 2004) and there seems to be no pattern as far as the dates are concerned.
I guess, its like a lottery now :) where time is the prize amount...

Letters from BEC

All,

I called my lawyer today, she confirmed received 3 letters from BEC ofcourse not mine.

Thanks
-VV

I received the Gift

I called my lawyer office, the assistant confirmed that they received a number of letters from BEC, mine was received yesterday and they are replying today. I'll share more info as soon as I receive her email attached with the famous letter. My case arrived at Phily DOL in Aug 2003.

I believe all you guys will be receiving the letter soon. Good luck to everybody!

Is the DOT code decided by the State SWA or the Regional Office?

Hello,

I have a question. I understand that there will be a notice from the State SWA to inform that the State SWA has forwarded the case to the Regional office.

My question is: Does the notice from State SWA have DOT code on it? In another word, is the DOT code decided by the State SWA or the Regional Office?

Please help! Thanks a million!!!

allaboutgc said:
Hello,
My question is: Does the notice from State SWA have DOT code on it? In another word, is the DOT code decided by the State SWA or the Regional Office?
I only received one notice, not sure if it is from SWA or Regional DOL but there was a DOT code on it.
HTH

BEC Update

They are sending letters for those LC has Phily DOL receipt date after July 2003. Then they will start august and so on.

orissa

Thank you for your info.
Did you by any chance know if they are going to send out letters for SF region also? and could you share the hotline number?

thanks

Guys its always better for one/two people to call rather than all since they might get (and HAVE in the past get annoyed). Then we might stop getting all the info. Just a suggestion.

I will post more information next week again.

Thank you

Virginia SESA, RIR case
Priority Date (State Receipt Date): January 2, 2003
Virginia SESA sent RFE/NOF on: June 23, 2004
Deadline for RFE response: August 9, 2004
Lawyer responded to RFE on: July 19, 2004
VA SESA forwarded case to Philly DOL: July 23, 2004

Final PERM Rule Available Now

Final PERM Rule Available Now

Immigration Daily has learned that the Employment and Training Adminstration of the Department of Labor will publish the final PERM rule on December 27, 2004. For an advance copy of the PERM rule, see here.

ILW.COM is proud to present THE PERM BOOK - "Labor Certification by Joel Stewart". More info will shortly be posted here. Prepublication copies can be ordered here.

We welcome readers to share their opinion and ideas with us by writing to editor@ilw.com.

SOURCE:
http://www.ilw.com/lawyers/immigdaily/news/2004,1227-comment.shtm

Does anyone have any idea what will happen to the current applications
will they be converted to PERM applications....

laborpain01 said:
Does anyone have any idea what will happen to the current applications
will they be converted to PERM applications....

Conversion Rules: The PERM regulation allows the employers to withdraw the pending labor certification applications and refile a new application under the PERM system. Here the employers should keep in mind three points:
Once the pending application is withdrawn, the new labor certification must be filed within 210 days.
The new application must satisfy at least two conditions. One is that the new application should satisfy all the eligibility requirement for certification under the PERM regulation. Secondly, the new application should maintain "identical" job which was provided in the pending application. Here "identical" job means, the new labor certification should be the same for the following items:
Employer
Alien
Job Title
Job Location
Job Requirements
Job Description

Source: Immigration-law.com

what about cases went to Phily DOL in july2003, do they receive mails

Hi,
I am regular reader of this form and also in same boat as all other friends. My case moved to Phily DOL on July 21st 2003 and my lawyer says, They havent received any mail from DOL about further process.
Does anyone know, on what basis(date range) dol is sending mails to lawyers

Narsimha,
My lawyer says they are trying to follow First in First Out rule at Phili. My case reached them end of Sept 03 and my lawyer says all cases they received till Dec 03 should get the letter in the first batch (by Jan end)

Philadelphia LCA for GC, filed at Harrisburg office ?

I am a resident & work in Philadelphia, my lawyer has filed my LCA for GC to Harrisburg office, is this correct? Please advice!