Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Thanks a lot guys

I appreciate your help even though it did not directly pertain to this thread. So is it safe to assume that in the worst case of my having to change employers, I can atleast get the minimum benifit of H1 extensions based on my old employer's lc?
Thanks.

Only if

your old LC filed by old employer is not cancled or approved when they adjust your H1 extension.

yours_sincerely said:
I appreciate your help even though it did not directly pertain to this thread. So is it safe to assume that in the worst case of my having to change employers, I can atleast get the minimum benifit of H1 extensions based on my old employer's lc?
Thanks.

DOL Update : December 3, 2004

In a Notice in the Federal Register on November 29, 2004, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) announced that all Foreign Labor Certification field staff in the Dallas and Philadelphia Regional Offices have been moved to the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs). The BECs will now perform all foreign labor certification processing activities that had been conducted at these two regional offices.

There is no PERM update. The PERM regulation remains pending with the OMB. We will continue to monitor the DOL's transition to determine whether PERM regulations will be published.

Source: http://www.murthy.com

yours_sincerely said:
Thanks.

Two separate issues.
I believe the answer you have received is about H1-B transfer/extensions when switching jobs in context of the H1-B annual cap.

The answer you have NOT received is whether when you transfer H1-B from Employer A => Employer B, you will be eligible for 7th year H1-B extensions based on the fact that your Green Card related Labor Certification was pending for 360 days or more for the position you held with Employer A.

This I believe is a more complex issue and one you should definitely consult a lawyer about. The simple answer according to me is, when you change employers, your old labor certification will become defunct (in the very least) by virtue of Employer A losing interest in pursuing it for you. At this point you will have to start a new process with Employer B, which will have to be 360 days old at the time of your H1-B expiration for you to be eligible for the 7th year extension of the H1-B.

Remember, Labor certification is specific to the position that the employer is offering you in the specific labor market that the position belongs to. Therefore the question of that labor certification being valid across employers doesn't hold merit.

But... ask a lawyer. We are not professionals or experts. These are only our opinions based on amateurish information at best.
Good luck, I will be interested to read what you learn about this, so please post an opinion when you discover the truth.

Tomshu

Its time now for you to call again for latest from that lady.

Thank you for your all effort and help.

As far as I know company A can apply LC for you even you do not work at company A.

spidey said:
Two separate issues.
I believe the answer you have received is about H1-B transfer/extensions when switching jobs in context of the H1-B annual cap.

The answer you have NOT received is whether when you transfer H1-B from Employer A => Employer B, you will be eligible for 7th year H1-B extensions based on the fact that your Green Card related Labor Certification was pending for 360 days or more for the position you held with Employer A.

This I believe is a more complex issue and one you should definitely consult a lawyer about. The simple answer according to me is, when you change employers, your old labor certification will become defunct (in the very least) by virtue of Employer A losing interest in pursuing it for you. At this point you will have to start a new process with Employer B, which will have to be 360 days old at the time of your H1-B expiration for you to be eligible for the 7th year extension of the H1-B.

Remember, Labor certification is specific to the position that the employer is offering you in the specific labor market that the position belongs to. Therefore the question of that labor certification being valid across employers doesn't hold merit.

But... ask a lawyer. We are not professionals or experts. These are only our opinions based on amateurish information at best.
Good luck, I will be interested to read what you learn about this, so please post an opinion when you discover the truth.

allaboutgc said:
I am so frustrated with DOL!!!

Why the secretary of DOL would not quit? Lot's of cabinet memebrs have gone!

...even Human Rights Association should come to rescue us!

Thanks again guys!

Thanks a lot guys for taking a deviation from the main thread for me. I appreciate it. Spidey...I'm definitely gonna buy the DVD for Part 2 of your movie :). I'll post something here if I find out anything on my issue.

yours_sincerely said:
Thanks a lot guys for taking a deviation from the main thread for me. I appreciate it. Spidey...I'm definitely gonna buy the DVD for Part 2 of your movie :). I'll post something here if I find out anything on my issue.

Son of a gun, the movie production house makes all the money when you buy that DVD. Corporate America is taking spidey for a ride for as long as he's on the H1-B. Can't spin a web out of this one... ;)

labour procesing time

Hi guys

This is first time Iam posting my problem. I have applied fr labour
in May 2003 and It was taken by state in August 2004 and we have replied and we have send all the documents and interview Process as my case was
Non RIR.We have not yet received any letter about my case is moved to regional or not .Please let me know where it is pending and give me some status how long it will take.

Thanks
Krishna

Tomshu
Any latest updates....Please post and thanks for your help....

I had posted this one earlier but nobody responded any idea what happened to some class action lawsuit that Rajiv was pursuing ....

Thanks

laborpain01,

'Class action lawsuit'

Was it Pertaining to LC?

Thanks

AwardMyGC

laborpain01 said:
Tomshu
Any latest updates....Please post and thanks for your help....

I had posted this one earlier but nobody responded any idea what happened to some class action lawsuit that Rajiv was pursuing ....

Thanks

Krishna,

Did you check with your state workforce agency, they should be able to provide with more information? As far as I know SWA notify your lawyer/employer when they forward your application to federal DOL.

What state did you file your LC?

Thanks

AwardMyGC

hmkrishna1234 said:
Hi guys

This is first time Iam posting my problem. I have applied fr labour
in May 2003 and It was taken by state in August 2004 and we have replied and we have send all the documents and interview Process as my case was
Non RIR.We have not yet received any letter about my case is moved to regional or not .Please let me know where it is pending and give me some status how long it will take.

Thanks
Krishna

Guys:

- If VA SWA forwards the case to DOL, would it be Philadelhia DOL or Philadelphia BEC? Or are they the same thing?
- For new cases, since they know they do not need send out letters at all...would they still queue them up and send the letters or simpy start processing them at some point?
- Also, any updates on the letters that were supposed to be sent out by now?

dcmetro22042

- If VA SWA forwards the case to DOL, would it be Philadelhia DOL or Philadelphia BEC? Or are they the same thing?

Its One & Same...

- For new cases, since they know they do not need send out letters at all...would they still queue them up and send the letters or simpy start processing them at some point?

New Case will also get letter (same as receipt of DOL) with Case Number, DOT Code & Contact Info

- Also, any updates on the letters that were supposed to be sent out by now?

No Info Yet