Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

True or tooo good to be TRUE

Source immigration-law.com
12/06/2004: DOL Inspector General Audit Result of Backlog Labor Certification Cases

The Office of Inspector General reports that it recently conducted audit of the backlogged labor certification applications and found the following concerns:
69% cases were misrepresented or incomplete.
84% involved aliens working without work authorization.
72% involved aliens without legal status.
The report thus raised a concern that many of the applications that should be denied would be approved because of the priority to eliminate the backlog. The report also reports the findings of pervasive fraudulent activities involving the labor certification applications and filing of bogus applications for the substitution purposes on blackmarket sales. This report is likely to affect the processing of the backlogged cases by the National Backlog Reduction Centers as these Centers should maintain a balance between the need for reduction of backlogs and the need for maintaining the integrity of the permanent labor certification applications. It also suggests that unlikely the general expection in the immigrant community, the cases may not move as fast as people anticipates and there will be a large number of cases that would be denied or required for additional corrective measures. Read the report.
The AILA has reported from the DOL information that DOL Backlog Reduction Centers would mail out 10,000 Receipt Notices to the applicants beginning from today with the request for response within 45 days pursuant to the labor certification regulation.

Yahoo Letters going to be mailed today.
Thanks GC_Lover for the good news. I would like to share Tomshu oe Akela
please check that that lady for more good news.

GC_Lover said:
12/06/2004: DOL Inspector General Audit Result of Backlog Labor Certification Cases

The Office of Inspector General reports that it recently conducted audit of the backlogged labor certification applications and found the following concerns:
69% cases were misrepresented or incomplete.
84% involved aliens working without work authorization.
72% involved aliens without legal status.
The report thus raised a concern that many of the applications that should be denied would be approved because of the priority to eliminate the backlog. The report also reports the findings of pervasive fraudulent activities involving the labor certification applications and filing of bogus applications for the substitution purposes on blackmarket sales. This report is likely to affect the processing of the backlogged cases by the National Backlog Reduction Centers as these Centers should maintain a balance between the need for reduction of backlogs and the need for maintaining the integrity of the permanent labor certification applications. It also suggests that unlikely the general expection in the immigrant community, the cases may not move as fast as people anticipates and there will be a large number of cases that would be denied or required for additional corrective measures. Read the report.
The AILA has reported from the DOL information that DOL Backlog Reduction Centers would mail out 10,000 Receipt Notices to the applicants beginning from today with the request for response within 45 days pursuant to the labor certification regulation.

Thanks GC_Lover!

This is GREAT news... Somehow I'm pretty sure most users of this thread do not fall under the 69, 84 or 72 % so whatever happens, is going to be good for us from here on
:D

Any News?

Hi guys,

For the green card application not to be jeopordised in case I change the company that filed the application for me, what do I have to wait for? Is it relatively safe to wait for 6 months after getting the EAD?

I know that some of you might think that this is a very naive question, but any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rania

GC_Lover said:
the cases may not move as fast as people anticipates and there will be a large number of cases that would be denied or required for additional corrective measures. [/SIZE]

Good news indeed, but also raising alarms, we already been waiting for so long (specially people from MD and other slow states) and now .....the cases may not move as fast as people anticipates

:mad:

rania said:
Hi guys,

For the green card application not to be jeopordised in case I change the company that filed the application for me, what do I have to wait for? Is it relatively safe to wait for 6 months after getting the EAD?

I know that some of you might think that this is a very naive question, but any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rania

Rania,

Your Labor should be approved
Your 140 should be approved
Your 485 application should be pending 180 days or more
You may or may not chose to be on EAD, for eg. you can get employment at another company either by:
1. Filing for another H1-B (it should be approved of course)
2. You can work on your EAD (in fact if you have the EAD already, then you have pretty much given up on the H1-B option) -

This is how I understand it. I am not a lawyer so you may want to get professional advice.

Goodluck-

Thanks

Thanks Spidey!

I am quite desperate to quit my present job, but I am still waiting for the labor certification approval from February 2002. My status is EB3 RIR. I am not complaining, since I know that many of us are in the same boat, but I really wish something good happened to all of us pretty soon.

Thanks again to everyone for all their help. Good Luck.

Rania

it is for Phillyers!

as i remember, there are 10,000 cases from Philly DOL. So these mails are for Phillyers?

"The AILA has reported from the DOL information that DOL Backlog Reduction Centers would mail out 10,000 Receipt Notices to the applicants beginning from today with the request for response within 45 days pursuant to the labor certification regulation. "

orissa said:
Yahoo Letters going to be mailed today.
Thanks GC_Lover for the good news. I would like to share Tomshu oe Akela
please check that that lady for more good news.

I agree with you.
The date for this news is 12/06/2004 on immigration-law.com, so I am not sure by "today" DOL means 12/06 or 12/07, not that one day is going to make much of a difference, but I am just eager to find out about letters which are send out belongs to which Priority Date range. :confused:

RahulatDC said:
Good news indeed, but also raising alarms, we already been waiting for so long (specially people from MD and other slow states) and now .....the cases may not move as fast as people anticipates

:mad:

I think what matters at this point is some movement with Philly DOL as opposed to NO movement at all.

Would certainly be great news if they start sending the letter out today! We would all cheer it. Atleast it means, some movement and a step closer towards approval! Guess we will have to wait and watch...maybe Tomshu/Akela can call and confirm. Being cautious..thats all! :)

Tomshu OR akela,

Can somebody find out who will receive the letters, employer OR lawyer?
This will be helpful, also is there any wat to figure out if the letter has been sent for the case OR not? , a tel number OR a website?

Application already transferred to a regional office won't be sent to the BRC

Guyz, its kind of big blow to me, when I come to know my case (PD 05/01/2002, RD 09/14/2004) will not transfer to BRC (or BEC as some call it), I received a mail from my lawyer indicating my case wont goto to BRC as its already received by federal, my lawyer is an big name corporate lawyer, so I cant doubt the information he provided, seems like most of our cases not going to BRC's if we already in federal.

----text I received from my lawyer---
The ETA estimates that by March 31, 2005, all SWA backlog cases will be transferred to one of the backlog reduction centers in Dallas or Philadelphia, or assigned to a DOL regional office for completion of processing.

All cases received at backlog centers will be processed in order of priority date to ensure the oldest cases are worked on first.

Traditional and Reduction in Recruitment (“RIR”) cases will continue to be reviewed in two different tracks at the backlog reduction centers.

The DOL regional office in San Francisco has already transferred 20,000 pending labor certification applications to the backlog centers.

This transfer will assist in reducing the oldest federal backlog of cases.

Applications that a regional office has already started to review will not be transferred in order to avoid case disruption.

The first shipment of cases from the SWAs was scheduled in October 2004. This consists of those cases at the state level with the oldest priority dates, regardless of geographic location. Therefore, not all SWAs have been involved in this first round because the DOL’s concentration is focused on the oldest case backlogs.

The final round of case shipments will begin in January 2005, and should be received by the backlog centers no later than the end of March 2005. This will include all cases received by all SWAs prior to December 31, 2004, for which case review has not started.

I don;t think that is true, This is in contrast to the following,

1.>"DOL staff working at Dulles and Philly is transferred to BEC".
2.>"All Philly DOL cases are entered in BEC."

I think both are from Murthy../

Besides if they have to maintain FIFO they have to consider DOL cases also.

RahulatDC said:
Guyz, its kind of big blow to me, when I come to know my case (PD 05/01/2002, RD 09/14/2004) will not transfer to BRC (or BEC as some call it), I received a mail from my lawyer indicating my case wont goto to BRC as its already received by federal, my lawyer is an big name corporate lawyer, so I cant doubt the information he provided, seems like most of our cases not going to BRC's if we already in federal.

The ETA estimates that by March 31, 2005, all SWA backlog cases will be transferred to one of the backlog reduction centers in Dallas or Philadelphia, or assigned to a DOL regional office for completion of processing.

All cases received at backlog centers will be processed in order of priority date to ensure the oldest cases are worked on first.

Traditional and Reduction in Recruitment (“RIR”) cases will continue to be reviewed in two different tracks at the backlog reduction centers.

The DOL regional office in San Francisco has already transferred 20,000 pending labor certification applications to the backlog centers.

Applications that a regional office has already started to review will not be transferred in order to avoid case disruption.

The first shipment of cases from the SWAs was scheduled in October 2004. This consists of those cases at the state level with the oldest priority dates, regardless of geographic location. Therefore, not all SWAs have been involved in this first round because the DOL’s concentration is focused on the oldest case backlogs.

The final round of case shipments will begin in January 2005, and should be received by the backlog centers no later than the end of March 2005. This will include all cases received by all SWAs prior to December 31, 2004, for which case review has not started.

Hi RahulatDC,
The Lawyer didn't say specifically about your case. It looks like a general answer. I guess your case might have gone to one of the BECs in the 20K lot as the SF DOL has not yet started working on it (unopened). My case SF RD is arrounf 9/13/04. Please let me if you got any specific information about your case from the lawyer.
thanks
ybnyk

RahulatDC said:

I could be wrong, but I think you are confused between "Application transferred to regional office" and "Applications that a regional office has already started to review". To me this sounds like 2 different things and it kinda does make sense, but thats just me.

as in the title of my post.

ybnyk said:
Hi RahulatDC,
The Lawyer didn't say specifically about your case. It looks like a general answer. I guess your case might have gone to one of the BECs in the 20K lot as the SF DOL has not yet started working on it (unopened). My case SF RD is arrounf 9/13/04. Please let me if you got any specific information about your case from the lawyer.
thanks
ybnyk

ybnyk, that what I believe and I wish that would be true.

As mentioned in the title of my post my lawyer told me that application already transferred to a regional office won't be sent to the BRCs.

I am lost and confused so please dont shoot the messanger :(

I don't think you have to worry RahulatDC

I think GCLover is right. Review means a case that has already been opened by DOL and is being worked actively.

If your case is already being reviewed by a DOL, you are in much better shape than the vast majority of us who have absolutely no idea when the BEC might ever get to our case!!

You might actually be much better off than you think!! ;)

RahulatDC said:
ybnyk, that what I believe and I wish that would be true.

As mentioned in the title of my post my lawyer told me that application already transferred to a regional office won't be sent to the BRCs.

I am lost and confused so please dont shoot the messanger :(