Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

pgarg said:
Does anyone know how often do they update the priority dates? I mean, say in Jan 2005 bulletin the PD retrogresses to Nov 2001 for EB3. Till when will it stay there? Till the next Fiscal Year (Oct 2005)? Or, is it updated every month or so (say, by Mar 2005, it can go to Dec 2001)?

Is there a yearly cap on the number of Immigrant Visa (like H1B) or is it a monthly (or something else) cap?

That is exactly the questions I have. Can some one provide some insights please?

I think visa retrogress can only happen when BEC/BRC (whichever!!!) is up and running. How can it retrogress when the supply to USCIS is the same or even less for the time being.

knowDOL said:
My attorney says that EB3 numbers will not retrogress for another one fiscalyear. Visa numbers for EB-3 are expected to retrogress, but not for at least another fiscal year (not 1/05). May be we will see all current in next bulletin and not just next bulletin but for another 11 bulletin's. Post your opinion about the possibility. 0-100%.

The visa bulletin is published every month. I believe they will update the dates each month (If there are any changes). I think there is also a limit on how much percentage of visa numbers can be used in each quater. Say for example if India has 100 numbers , you can't use up all 100 in the first quarter and wait untill next year for the next year quota. The quota is spread across all quarters(of an year).

May be the lazy DOL stupids at Phili center are still having their Turkey.Let them digest that turkey...then they will deliver.

Lol

virtual55 said:
I was talking to one of my friend whose labor is filed in Oct 2002(PD) in EB3 and got his GC approved recently. Does that mean visa numbers are available for people who filed their labor before Oct 2002?

Is it RIR?

allaboutgc,

Are you referring to Tomshu and Akela? What's wrong with that? Tomshu and Akela have been a trustworthy source in providing us with first hand authentic information. If you’re referring to Philly DOL personals I utterly agree with you on that. I don’t trust them at all.

allaboutgc said:
Beam,

I can't believe that you still trust them.

myGCTracker said:
First thanks to AwardMyGC for the information.
Virtual55: Woh! this sounds interesting. which state we are talking about here. mine also got filed under EB3 in october 2002 from VA and still my case is pending in Philly. believe me the crisis i am, i dont care for GC card even an EAD will help me alot.

He filed in Delaware

virtual55 said:
yes it is

I friend of mine filed his LC couple of weeks before I did under RIR category
and he got his GC in Oct 2004. See mine was filed under NON-RIR category
and I'm still waiting on my LC.

virtual55 said:
He filed in Delaware

No wonder. Virginia was way beyond at that time. i think people at the processing centers doesnot realise how important it is for us to get the green cards and all pain we go through to get that. i really understand the security issues but atleast for the people who file their taxes regularly and who are gunine enough, they can atleast consider thoses case. i really wish, this department have little bit of human touch.
We cannot do anything other than waiting for the monsoon to come.

Any idea what happened to the Class Action Lawsuit that Rajiv had pursued to benefit us.. Thats essentially my only hope ... Well I do have one more option to wait and wait and wait.. ;)

Advise needed

Hey guys,
I'm in a situation where I need some advise from you gurus. My labor was filed from Maryland on Mar 29,2002. I got a prevailing wage query sometime around the 1st week of August,2004 and my lawyer replied to DOL in the first week of September,2004 by accepting the prevailing wages. After that, I have no idea where my labor is....the AVM is down, my lawyer is reluctant and I don't know which phone no. to find out from. Meanwhile, my employer has started exploiting me knowing my situation and I am seriously thinking about taking up another offer. Unfortunately, I'm in the 5th year of my H1 now.
I wanted to know that if someone changes his company and his labor is filed late from the new company (before the expiry of H1, ofcourse) can he get H1 B extensions on the basis of his old labor if it was outstanding for more than a year? I would really appreciate someone helping me out on this issue.
Thanks in advance :)

yours_sincerely said:
Hey guys,
I'm in a situation where I need some advise from you gurus. My labor was filed from Maryland on Mar 29,2002. I got a prevailing wage query sometime around the 1st week of August,2004 and my lawyer replied to DOL in the first week of September,2004 by accepting the prevailing wages. After that, I have no idea where my labor is....the AVM is down, my lawyer is reluctant and I don't know which phone no. to find out from. Meanwhile, my employer has started exploiting me knowing my situation and I am seriously thinking about taking up another offer. Unfortunately, I'm in the 5th year of my H1 now.
I wanted to know that if someone changes his company and his labor is filed late from the new company (before the expiry of H1, ofcourse) can he get H1 B extensions on the basis of his old labor if it was outstanding for more than a year? I would really appreciate someone helping me out on this issue.
Thanks in advance :)

You still can change the employer, and if you labor is pending more then one year, you'll get extention. Now the dilemma is h1b cap, labor backed up, PD retrogression.

You have to think a lot, all the best.

Thanks Rahul

Thanks for the quick response. Does H1 Cap apply to H1 extensions too? I was thinking its more like an H1 transfer where the H1 cap is not applicable.

yours_sincerely said:
Thanks for the quick response. Does H1 Cap apply to H1 extensions too? I was thinking its more like an H1 transfer where the H1 cap is not applicable.

When you change the employer its counted as new h-1b.

RahulatDC said:

I don't think this is right. If you are on an H1-B and switch employers your H1-B does not count towards the cap unless your previous employer was not subject to the cap or there was a break in employment and left the US. You are also not subject to cap when doing extensions.

Last edited by a moderator:
JustWatching said:
I don't think this is right. If you are on an H1-B and switch employers your H1-B does not count towards the cap unless your previous employer was not subject to the cap or there was a break in employment and left the US. You are also not subject to cap when doing extensions.

I agree to what JustWatching is saying. I know a colleague of mine who got his H1 transfered after the cap was reached this year. And, H1 exension is also not affected by cap.

RahulatDC said:

No It does not... H1 Transfer / H1 Extension is the same H1 & not subject to New Quota/Cap

gp111 said:
No It does not... H1 Transfer / H1 Extension is the same H1 & not subject to New Quota/Cap

Thanks guyz, sorry my mistake, its due to misinformation provided to me by some desi lawyers.